K
Oswego, IL

East View Elementary School 5

Posted September 23, 2012
Excellent school for all day kindergarten. Very organized and the kids work hard all day working and learning (my daughter says). She loves the school and loves her teacher. Very pleased with our choice.

East View Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2012
Please notice the dates on the previous comments! The East View Elementary has been changed to ALL KINDERGARTEN school. It is NOT a K-5 school any longer. It is a great school for all Kindergarten children going full day. That all being said, this school has been absolutely WONDERFUL! The teachers are great and the principal is hands on. I have twins that attend this school and we couldn't be happier with the results. The school is incredibly organized with everything they do. They color code the whole school so that kids know what town they are in and where they need to be at all times. They backpacks are marked with pictures so kids taking buses home can easily find their bus. Not to mention there are adults walking with them everywhere also. They bus picks and drops off at our doorstep, which is great! They have tight security for anyone entering the school, yet you still feel VERY welcome to volunteer and help out. Having volunteered a lot at the school, I smile every time I'm in there. Everyone goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Everything in this school is brand new and geared for small children. The staff is incredible. We are happy parents!

Posted June 09, 2007
This was our first year. I told them my daughter had qualified for enrichment and they immediately followed up by calling her old school and the teacher and put her in to the AT reading and math program. It is challenging and just what she needed. She was picked on on the bus and after I told the school, it was resolved the same day! The staff are open and friendly and love their school. Some of the negative parents should be mindful of the challenges the staff face having so many new kids with their needs and anxieties to be learned and addressed. I think East View does an excellent job. My child is going to a brand new school next year but I wouldn't hesitate to keep her at East View if necessary.

Posted June 03, 2006
I have two children who attend East View. We moved from Naperville to Oswego and the thing that first struck me was how young all the teachers are! At any rate, the quality seems to be okay. My daughter qualified for reading support and I really felt that they did everything that they could to help. My older child is very happy. He has made friends easily and seems to be advancing. They have a great afterschool intramural program for older kids. I would have to give the school a B if I were to give a letter grade. They also post kids art work on a website called Artsonia which is really fun for sharing with out of town grandparents.

East View Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2006

East View Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2005
Thankfully, a new school has bee built and we are leaving East View. I have never had a lot of problems with the leadership. My requests for special services were not even replied to. I have written school and district officials to no avail. My child does not have disciplinary issues so he is just ignored to his detriment.

East View Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2005
I agree with many of the review of the lack of discipline when it comes to bullying. We left the school three years ago to go to private. As far as education...not enough space to even begin to write about the lack of preparedness for high school. My two oldest left after 8th grade from 308 as honor roll and AT program kids...yet had a difficult time in a private HS because they were never taught proper grammer, writing mechanics and math...what a joke! Thank goodness my kids have finally received a better education, though we have had to pay the expense for it. I would love to know where my tax dollars (that constantly increase) are really going to. Certainly not in a good ciriculum that actually teaches some of the most basic fundamentals of education!

Posted June 16, 2005
My daughter came into the school with a little bit of trouble reading -- she was put into two pull out programs -- one 4 to 1, then later a 1 on 1... These pull-out programs caught her up totally and she exceeded the goals set for her -- I'm so pleased with this. She did fall and break her arm on the monkey bars, but that could have happened to anyone -- and they were very responsive about it -- although I wish she could have gone out for recess and just gotten some fresh air instead of having to sit in the nurse's office every day - although the nurse was very kind to her.

East View Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2005
My child attends this school and I feel that alot of responsiblity relies on the parents. When he has projects the majority are done at home and the teachers do not take any responsiblity for helping them complete or understand what they must do. He is in the 4th grade and he has alot of home work, too much to complete in one night. I enjoy helping my child, but it gets to be overwhelming.

East View Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2005
My children have been bullied excessively for years at this school. And nothing has been done. We have followed the chain of command only to be disappointed at every turn. The principal is not helpful and I wish I could afford private school because we would not be here. AT ALL!

East View Elementary School
4209 Illinois 71, Oswego, IL  60543
Last modified East View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grade K
East View Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top