Oswego, IL
Students enrolled: 2,357

Posted April 26, 2012
I am very happy with this school. I have one child at Oswego High and he really likes it. I love that the teachers send emails just to say how great your child is doing. We have had no problems at this school.

Posted May 24, 2011
All 4 of my kids went to OHS and they were all successful graduates from Loyola, Northwestern, Arizona State, and Syracuse. There are a variety of extracurricular activities and academic help is freely available. There are some fantastic, involved teachers here who truly care about the students. I never met a rude student while my kids were there and it's a small community where everyone looks out for each other. I highly recommend this small school (less than 2500 students).

Oswego High School 1

Posted February 05, 2011
This is a HORRIBLE school! The teachers are not helpful, and the overall staff is not friendly. I had two students attend this school, and one attend Oswego East. My kids who went here were not nearly as prepared as my OEHS grad. The school lacks discipline, and there is lots of bullying here. Terrible school.

Posted January 13, 2011
All 4 of my kids went to OHS over the past 8 years and all are/were very successful in college (Northwestern, Purdue, USC, and Loyola), which speaks volumes for this high school. All of them had plenty of outside activities to choose from and the staff is incredibly encouraging, patient, and involved. This is a great small school!

Posted October 15, 2010
OHS has outstanding academic offerings for bright, motivated kids. My son is in all honors, AP and accelerated honors classes which we hope will prepare him for college and the engineering career he desires. His adviser is excellent and has been involved with assisting us in finding scholarship opportunities. OHS' Band program is terrific and we will miss it when our son graduates. While our son does not do sports, we enjoy OHS football games and it seems the OHS student population is accepting of others and not as "cliquey" as I remember high school. OHS test scores are very good, especially when considering the huge influx of new students from other areas due to Oswego's population explosion over the past few years.

Posted March 19, 2010

Oswego High School 3

Posted October 30, 2009
The reason some reviewers are surprised at negative reviews is because they are involved in sports or band. Those are the only worthwhile pursuits there. Academics are hit and miss. Very disorganized discipline policies that apply to some students and not others. Principal if you ever even see him after the first day is very rude if you have a question. Special Needs are not well addressed. Nearly no special services available unless you want your kid to see a psychologist 15 min. a week.

Oswego High School 1

Posted June 15, 2009
We have been very disappointed in the school. Our daughter is not a 'star' in athletics, but is a generally nice kid - we have seen her self esteem drop. I've been to the school and way the girls are allowed to dress is appalling - Oswego is no longer a small town - that's for sure,

Posted April 17, 2009
I am a student at OHS, and my older siblings also attended OHS. I am very shocked to read the dissappointing reviews about my school. I have always been on the high honor roll with a 4.0 GPA. The teachers at OHS are supportive and encouraging and they are there to help the students succeed. We also have an excellent sports program that i am involved in and the coaches are there to help the athletes get better in playing the sport they love! I am proud to attend the older high school in Oswego because of its strong history.

Posted April 17, 2009
Nothing but high marks for Oswego High School! We have visited several high schools in the area over the past few years and OHS is staffed with dedicated teachers and friendly personnel. The school is very clean and ranks high in many aspects of technology. OHS has been recognized for their top notch academics, athletics and extra-curricular activites.

Oswego High School
4250 Illinois 71, Oswego, IL  60543
(630) 636-2009
Last modified Oswego High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oswego High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top