Oswego, IL

Churchill Elementary School 5

Posted April 22, 2014
Churchill is full of talented and caring teachers, who definitely go above and beyond what is expected. My daughter's teacher does so many creative, engaging activities, and she is always quick to drop an email full of praise. My son's AT teacher designs creative activities to keep him challenged. This school is tops.

Posted April 18, 2012
Love the music and art programs. My kids come home with beautiful creative artwork and enjoy music. These programs are crucial to a great education. Each classroom should implement these into everyday learning. I dont see enough creative projects coming home only boring worksheets that the kids are just burnt out from. Where are the erupting volcano projects and shoebox displays?!

Posted January 20, 2012
The school has some very qualified teachers and some not. The school seems to be a great school reading about the school and on the district website. The School does not conform there teaching methods for students from the principal to staff. If you requests extra help for your child you have to fight tooth and nail. When you do the school does not have the expertise or the experience for implementation. Compared to other local school districts this is a very unorganized school. My family has considered moving for structure and expertise in the school.

Posted November 20, 2011
This school uses the Everyday Math method to teach math. Many parents have had to spend countless hours tutoring (or pay a tutor) on basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and of course division) to cover what EDM fails to. Children who cannot perform these basic functions are instructed to use a calculator. Many children have a hard time with real world math when they get to Jr. High or High School. In addition, this school teaches phonics, a method that is proven not to work when helping children to spell and/read. Faculty does not work with the parents/children who have learning issues. Poor leadership.

Churchill Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2011
My children have only attended Churchill, but are testing in the 99th percentile for reading, and 94th percentile for Math. I've compared Churchill's test scores to those from a top(in the State's school district rankings) elementary school in my hometown(where homes cost 2-3 times what they do in this district) and they are an equal match. I am very pleased with all I have encountered at Churchill. There will always be reviews from disgruntled parents, but I personally give Churchill an "A".

Posted May 02, 2011
On the outside appears to be a good school, but once you dig deep and start interfacing true colors surface. Typical breakdown in our educational process is real evident at this facility starting at the top.

Posted April 30, 2010

Churchill Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
This school has a very nurturing environment where good character is stressed. Bullying is not tolerated. Every child is made to feel welcome and every child can succeed at Churchill. The teachers are very caring and helpful, and all students can get all the help they need. Of all the schools my daughter has attended, Churchill is the very best.

Churchill Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
I love Churchill because the principle and staff trully care about their students. I have had a wonderfull relationship with all my kids teachers. They really try to excell to reach each childs full potential. Go Mustangs.

Posted January 27, 2010
We moved from WPB and I was very nervous about the move and school although I had done my homework.But very soon my son adjusted and was very happy. The school principal Mrs. Nelson, is just outstanding along with her staff and teachers. The thing which surprised me most was all the staff including the principal knows each and every kids name.

Churchill Elementary School
Secretariat Lane, Oswego, IL  60543
Last modified Churchill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Churchill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top