Ottawa, IL

Posted April 03, 2013
my daughter came from another school and required xtra help in reading and math. they tested her and said she didn't . i had her tested and she does. i have to pay someone to tutor her now and they try with the bullying but it doesn't work. the parents of these brats just don't get it. they ruin school for many.

Central Intermediate School 4

Posted November 06, 2010
Central has an excellent principal and offers an exceptional D.A.R.E. program. The majority of the teachers are dedicated to the education of their students. There are a few who are less than enthusiastic ,but all in all I am happy with the staff.

Central Intermediate School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
They went through some hard times during the flooding and manage to keep a positive outlook and kept children in school by splitting them into groups and finding temporary placements at local church & Shepherd jr. high school

Posted January 29, 2009

Posted October 30, 2008

Posted September 18, 2008
My child is doing excellent at Central School. The principal is wonderful and so are her teachers. I wish I could say that for the superintendent. He needs to be replaced! The moral of the school is very low since he came aboard. Hopefully things can change for the better before my other 2 girls start elementary school.

Posted September 14, 2008
excellent communications between staff and parents. Strong teaching staff - great attitude in spades

Central Intermediate School 4

Posted January 23, 2008
We recently moved into the are and compared to the wealthy school district we just came from, my daughter has made geat strides in the Special Education program at Central school. She is meeting her benchmarks and already has made vast improvement. This program is far more efficient from what was offered in the DuPage area. My daughter, who is in 5th grade, is currently reading at 1:1 reading level, no thanks to the lack of researched based reading instruction at her last school. I was very suprised that a rural school district would have a better SE program than it's weathier counter parts. I guess it all depends on school funding politics.

Posted January 24, 2007
I have had several years of experience with Central school. My son went there for two years and now my daughter does. I didn't have any problems with my son and everything went great. My daughter is a whole other matter. I believe that the teachers are not educated enough to help children with disabilities. Especially children within the Autism Spectrum. I have went around and around with the school to get better help for my child and although the Special Ed. teacher is wonderful, things that should be accomplished aren't being done. I am not saying the school is terrible, I just think the system needs some work, and teachers should treat children with disabilities a little more fairly and with more understanding.

Posted March 23, 2006
In fifth grade, our son never has homework, gets two recesses and a long lunch. The school day is minimally long enough to be within the law. The teacher he has doesn't seem to care. Very poor.

Central Intermediate School
711 East McKinley Road, Ottawa, IL  61350
Last modified Central Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top