Palatine, IL

Jane Addams Elementary School 3

Posted January 18, 2014
When my elder child went to this school The standard of education was reasonably good and placement was based on evaluations, a good art, PE and music program and some nice clubs activities. My younger child goes to this school now, Though music and PE still remain good, the level of instruction has gone down and there are not as many activities/clubs. Overall The standard needs some improvement. A great PTA though

Posted September 05, 2013
The teachers at this school are amazing. They do a great job focusing on curriculum (and now hyper focused on the now ever-present "Common Core"). But the ones I've dealt with also keep good discipline in the class and elsewhere so the kids can do what they're supposed to do - learn! Plus, recent reduction in number of students with the re-districting that impacted JA has made the class sizes smaller, which I like and appreciate (thank you District Admin?). Overall pleased with my community school.

Posted April 29, 2012
Our son goes to Jane Addams and my husband and I are very happy with his progress. He has been at Jane Addams k-4 and each teacher has challenged and encouraged him in each and every grade. The teachers we have had the pleasure of working with have always been very responsive and open. The whole staff at Jane Addams are great. We are very proud that our son goes to Jane Addams.

Jane Addams Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2011
teacher refuses to acknowledge my pta slip wont talk to me only calls my husband i have placed notes,slips and homework certain ways in my sons backpack and they are still that way when he gets home meaning the teacher mrs biro isn't taking them or even looking at them . she addresses letters sent home only to my husband we do not have the same last name even though we are married (for personal reasons) how disrespectful and discriminatory is that?I'm pulling my son out of this 2 hr a day kindergarten class as soon as i can.

Jane Addams Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2010

Posted November 29, 2008

Posted July 19, 2007
This is a great school in terms of organization and quality teaching. My experience with special education was great and everything was in order and on time, the teachers and the staff, including the director participated in the meetings and the planning. A few extracurricular actvities around the year, but students learn how to use the computer, and the reading program helps a lot to increase reading understanding.

Jane Addams Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2006
Jane Addams is one of the smaller schools in District 15. It also has a very diverse population. My experience has been with K-3rd gradeand most has been positive. Teachers are great with feedback. They have been available by phone or email. I have worked in the library and computer lab. The library is top notch and continues to evolve for the children. But the computer system is old and out of date. Music is taught by an outstanding teacher. The children are taught to play the recorder in third grade. Musical instuments are introduced in 5th. Art has been reduced drastically due to budget cuts. Sports is concentrated during gym class, there is hardly any after school except for 6th graders. There is a small but strong group of parent volunteers. But the parents do come out in force for school events.

Jane Addams Elementary School 0

Posted May 03, 2006
- a former student
The school is concerned with the dollar, not the children.

Jane Addams Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2006
We moved here from Robert Frost (Prospect Heights, IL), where my first grader's teacher was going to great lengths to make sure my daughter was challenged. They had a wonderful reading enrichment program, and spelling tests based on the childs level, not the box education I've found at Jane Addams. The teacher has basically told me that my daughter isn't as bright as I think she is, and if she's not challenged that it's her own fault. She promised to try to come up with ways for my daughter to work closer to her level (she's tested to fourth grade English level) and hasn't. Long story short, I'm withdrawling my daughter and putting her in home schooling. Jane Addams seems to care for very little but the numbers. I wish I hadn't transferred her out of her last school.

Jane Addams Elementary School
1020 East Sayles Drive, Palatine, IL  60074
Last modified Jane Addams Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jane Addams Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top