Bad
Good

Wm Fremd High School 4

Posted August 31, 2014
I graduated in 2011. From my experience, Fremd was a decent school. With a variety of AP classes to choose from and a handful of clubs and activities for one's liking, many students continue to stay involved. The academics at Fremd are not really much different from the schools around (decent education), overall. The academic reputation of Fremd is slightly overrated. In all of the four years that I have attended this school, I have not once personally experienced any forms of bigger problems with any of the students. Fights at Fremd are not that common. if one did not fit with the bigger group of students who dressed and acted exactly the same, one would have felt very unwelcome, naturally. A big portion of this school is upper-middle class (tax money sure does contributes). Poorer students in the school may feel a bit un-welcomed by the social pressure to fit in.

Wm Fremd High School 4

Posted October 19, 2013
Overall, a very good high school. Academics and athletics are above average. The facility itself needs to be updated a bit in order to remain competitive. The one problem I have is other people on this forum overstating a bit. Let's face it, it's not New Trier.

Wm Fremd High School 1

Posted January 27, 2012
I didnt like the school at all. They made you ware Id's and forced you to take gym classes. The fact that you had to wake up at 7:30 and go to 8 classes was terrible. If you can stick it out and wait until you go to a different school/college things will get much better.

Wm Fremd High School 2

Posted March 23, 2010
Mediocre teachers and underfunded advanced programs, it's probably more of a community issue but since we moved here, we've been disappointed with the school (2 children attended within the past 6 years).

Posted September 22, 2009
friendly people and awesosme school! overall

Posted September 22, 2009
friendly people and awesosme school! overall

Posted September 17, 2009
It's a great school that incorporates community outreach programs ran by the students.

Wm Fremd High School

Posted July 31, 2009
This is by far one of the greatest schools in the Chicagoland area. Challenging courses, teachers that really care about their students. I am very happy both my children attend Fremd High school. Palatine has excellent grade schools and high schools.

Posted October 30, 2008
I love Fremd. I have been to many schools, and Fremd has by far been the best! The teachers and staff are awesome. I am so glad that graduated from Fremd!

Posted May 21, 2008
This school was top notch. Not exactly the most diverse place in Chicagoland, but what it lacks in diversity, in makes up for in quality academics. Unfortunatly at the time I was making the best choices in life and did not make the best of my education at Fremd. Needless to say it did not take me long to shape up, finish JC and graduate UCSC. I do not think I this would have been possible had I not recieved an education at Fremd. I just wish I had not been so young and dumb, I never showed my teachers the respect they deserved.

Wm Fremd High School
1000 South Quentin Rd, Palatine, IL  60067
Last modified Wm Fremd High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.