PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted May 10, 2016
St. Theresa School has been wonderful for my three girls over the last 14 years. It is such a faith-based school and has the support of the parish priests as well. Our children have received a high quality education and at the same time support of our Catholic values. We feel so blessed!

Posted May 09, 2016
Great School. Good emphasis on faith based and academic aspects too. Teachers are great and understands the needs of kids. Encourages creativity in little kids.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
Teachings are grounded in the Gospel. Service work is important, even the kindergarteners and PK kids raise money for charitable causes.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
Rules are grounded in faith and the Gospel. Honesty, integrity and fairness aren't just buzzwords, they're part of the fabric of your spirit. It makes a greater impact on a child when she hears, "you will be honest because you answer to God if you are not" v "its only a lie if you get caught"!

Posted May 09, 2016
St Theresa School is the best Preschool and K-8 in Illinois, and I'd wager one of the best in the US. The public school in our neighborhood is also a pretty good school but at STS teachers, staff and parent volunteers know and love each child personally. This environment, rich with values and encouragement, creates a lifelong love of learning. My 4-year old can count to 30, write her name well and say phrases in Spanish - but more importantly she comes home in the afternoon singing, "I had a great day at school! I love Mrs. Bergman and Mrs. Riley!!" My six year old does a computer programming game from MIT and writes legit sentences, but she is six, and what matters is how much she enjoys school. She raves about playtime and her school friendships. She shows me her school work proudly. "I like STS because Ms. R is fantastic and I get to learn about Jesus!" Paying for private school - for STS - a place where my daughters are given knowledge enough to fulfill their ethos and the spiritual guidance to live meaningful lives, is worth every penny.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 09, 2016
Mrs. Bergman, Mrs. Riley and Ms. Rosencrantz - thank you for being outstanding educators, both of my girls love you all!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 09, 2016
Getting an "A" at STS means you need > 94%, getting an "A" at many public schools means you need > 90%. By holding students to higher standards, STS develops persistence and determination. Success must be earned - that takes grit!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 09, 2016
Ms Keenley, our principle, has made such wonderful changes and upgrades to our school. She is an unbelievable leader who deserves much credit for our schools climbing success! She works so hard everyday to make our students special.

Posted May 09, 2016
It feels like our 2nd family every time I walk in the doors of St Theresa school.

Posted March 02, 2016
I have three children who attend St. Theresa School. My daughter is in preschool a son in 1st grade, and a son in 4th grade. We have been so pleased with all the teachers, administration and families. It is such a wonderful school and parish community. Not only is the school challenging them academically, but they emphasize moral development and self-discipline. In today's society values, respect and integrity are so important. Regardless if we choose to send our kids to a private or public high school, we know they will be prepared socially and academically. We are also super excited about all the building improvements that are in motion. I would definitely recommend St. Theresa School.

445 North Benton Street, Palatine, IL  60067