Posted July 07, 2012
Immanuel Lutheran School provides children from preschool through 8th grade with the tools needed to be successful in all aspects of life. Spirtually, through its Christ-centered, children build a firm foundation that prepares them for the challenges and pressures for the years ahead. Academically, Immanuel ranks above the state and national averages. The teachers are outstanding and truly care about the children's spiritual growth and academic excellence. My children are fourth generation graduates of Immanuel Lutheran. We couldn't be happier with Immanuel Lutheran School.

Posted April 23, 2012
We came to Immanuel preschool because our son was in a preschool that was not well managed and he felt kids were rough with him. We came to Immanuel and found a community of children who have always been well behaved. Poor behavior is taken care of right away in a kind, nurturing and prompt way. The preschool teachers are all very well trained. They create great excitement in the classroom and always have new projects for the children to learn from. The classrooms have a small student to teacher ration. They have teachers assistants in most of the classes. The director of the program has always been so wonderful. She was my daughter's first teacher. My daughter loves her very much to this day!

Posted August 19, 2011
Our kids have attended Immanuel Luth, and they have been extremely well prepared academically, spiritually, and athletically for high school. The atmosphere is like a family, the class sizes are small, the new Principal is marvelous, and the teachers and coaches are professional. The band program actually begins earlier than District 15, and MOST of their grads are placed in Honors level high school courses. Immanuel is a breath of fresh air from the "assembly line" of public education, and every child is valued and held accountable.

Posted October 15, 2010
Immanuel has been wonderful in equipping our children with a firm foundation for life. Their academic scores are well above the national average. Their athletics are amazing - they offer excellent coaching in numerous sports and have won several state and national championships. But most of all we appreciate the caring, loving atmosphere that is exhibited in so many ways.

Immanuel Lutheran School 1

Posted August 05, 2010
Unfortunately, our experience with Immanuel Lutheran has been less than stellar! We are trying to enroll a student with Spinabifida and they have refused to even meet her! According to their own website, they accept Federal Financial Funds under the No Child Left Behind Act, and therefore, are bound under IDEA, yet they try to hide behind the religious card. How can a school claim to focus on God's love, family and acceptance of all, but turn their back on one of God's children simply because she is not perfect in the eyes of the school? I pose this question to the new Principal - If you met God, today, do you think He'd be proud of the school for turning their back on one of His most precious gifts - a Child! Their actions, thus far, are disheartening, to say the least. Please reconsider turning your back on her.

Posted April 27, 2010
Immanuel is an outstandingschool with caring teachers. The class sizes are small and managable, therefore lending themselve to lots of teacher / student interaction. Sports and extra carricular activities are well balanced and varied. Most importantly, the Christ centered education prepares my children to handle issues in a Christion manner. Worth every tuition penny and then some.

Posted May 05, 2009
The teachers are kind, compassionate, and live out their faith. They truly care about children. ILS is more than a school- it is a family. The academics are on par with any of the surrounding public schools (which are all excellent). The teachers not only prepare the children academically, but they also prepare them spiritually. The world is not an easy place for a child, but the dedicated teachers of ILS take the time to equip children in all areas of life. They get to know the children as individuals, and they get to know each family. It is a place of support and encouragement. It is not perfect, but there is no other place that I would want my children to spend each day. You will not find a group of people whose love and devotion to the Lord are more evident. They love what they do and it shows.

Posted August 11, 2008
I can tell you that my year plus experience so far has been excellent. My child's preschool teacher was exceptional, I've had several teachers for my two children now, and she was by far the best! I was a teacher myself, so I'm picky! We were thrilled with her. I think the academics are exceptional, and I also think that the emphasis on Christian values, developing an understanding of what it means to live and give as a Christian is just wonderful. However, even if you are not Christian, don't let that deter you from this school. All of the children are given so much love, patience, and common-sense discipline. I would recommend this school to anyone, especially if you are tired of your child being lost in the 'cattle-herding' shuffle of larger schools.

Posted May 29, 2007
I transferred my son into Immanuel out of a District 15 school. He has enjoyed a safer and improved academic environment. The curriculum moved along much faster since the class size was much smaller than the public school he attended. I monitored his previous school and know he has moved forward quicker with the class work. Additionally, they start their band program a year soon than District 15. There is plenty of extra curricular activities. The parents were very active and welcomed us to the school.

Posted October 07, 2005
My son is new to the school. While it has been a difficult transition as respects to making friends, the teachers have done a great job of helping him assimilate to the new environment.

Immanuel Lutheran School
200 North Plum Grove Road, Palatine, IL  60067
(847) 359-1936
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immanuel Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.