Palatine, IL

Posted February 09, 2014
I currently attend Winston Campus Junior High. There are many great teachers here. However, there are also many teachers who just don't care. For example, in one of my classes, I have a teacher who offers curriculum way below my level. I believe that I should be in classes in my level & classes that meet my educational curricular needs. Staff are way too nice towards many of the "bad kids". I think this school has many great opportunities & clubs that all students could attend. However, the teachers and staff are not that good when it comes to sharing when these clubs are in process/going on. This school is very nice and well kept for, but the education is just not there. It's not the school or the students, it's the teachers & staff not wanting/caring/providing the proper material for the students that do want to learn, such as myself. :)

Winston Campus Jr High School 3

Posted January 18, 2014
If your child places in higher level classes this school gets a 3. Note that there some very good teachers who go above and beyond and are ready to work with parents when their childs performance is not so good, but this cant be said for some of the teachers. The clubs offered are good. Would like to see more technology/science clubs. The music teachers are great as well.

Posted February 28, 2013
This school, is not a very good learning environment the teachers expect to much of the children and offer nothing in return except harsh tones and negative feed back. This is definitly not a good school to send your children to if you want them to a good experience with school, and learning.

Posted February 19, 2013
This school is very unorganized. The lack of care for the students is horrifying. The principle is rude and doesn't get the job done

Posted August 02, 2010
Speechless is what I was rendered after having finally endured all I could endure. I finally made the decision, mid school year, to remove my child from Winston Campus Jr. High. The ramifications of a mid-year academic disruption was clear and present, as I'd anticipated, but paled in comparison to the cost of her finishing the school year under the conditions she had to negotiate regularly. Because of my concern for other parents/students and their overall well being, I intend to elaborate in my follow-up postings on the blatant disrespect dispensed from this school's front-line and up-line leadership.

Winston Campus Jr High School

Posted April 22, 2010
My daughter is an 8th grade. Good student with excellent grades and lots of involvement in school. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the administration of this school. Elementary and High School in this area are wonderful. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about this jr. high.

Posted April 08, 2010
Winston is a horrible school. I have found they disrespect students and label and judge them. I cannot wait to get my daughter out of this school.

Posted December 22, 2008
I have been profoundly unhappy with the leadership at Winston. They promote a parental hands off policy, but do almost nothing to hold students accountable for their choices. Promoting a disconnect between home and school at this level does more harm than good. This school has few of the programs to help students found in other schools in the same district. That is a problem stemming from lack of leadership from both the school and above.

Winston Campus Jr High School
120 North Babcock Drive, Palatine, IL  60074
Last modified Winston Campus Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winston Campus Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top