PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Students and families at SCCS are judgemental and gossipy. This is especially problematic because teachers are often alumni and have children at school and/or teach their church friends kids so there are unclear lines and favoritism between students/teachers/friends. (To be fair there are a few great teachers too.) It is not overall a loving Christ-centered environment. It is very judgemental. School still has a "if you ain't Dutch you ain't much" mentality floating around. Academics have statistically improved over years but are still not great. School likes to say they are better than other area schools test & ACT scores but they should be considering socio-economic status of their students. School does not encourage creative thinking. Our children all transferred out of SCCS system. Sadly, even though alumni ourselves we would never recommend SCCS. Very disappointing.

Judgemental, rigid Wilma never allowed us past front door for not meeting the religious requirements. But I'm quite sure my children's hearts and attitudes far surpass Wilma's any day.

If you're looking for Old Chicago Christian High Schools Yearbooks from the 40's go to Ebay

Our son attended the Tinley Park grade school for Kindergarten last year and it was a wonderful experience! The teacher was one of the best teachers I have ever been in contact with. Mrs. Slagter is a God gifted educator who understands the importance of individualized learning -not all kids can be taught the same way. We were very blessed to have our child attend this school! The principal is very professional and involved in making sure our children are safe and secure.

i absolutely hate this school and im looking foward to the end of the year , i went to the oak lawn campus for 5th-8th grade and it wasnt that bad but when i got to highschool everything changed the business teacher gives way too many projects the school is mostly caucasion and there's lots of discrimination towards any other race other than caucasion the pe teacher is a jerk and they charge you for almost everything and again i cant wait till this school year is over so i can go to a different school .

I was very disappointed in this school's discrimnation against Christian Faith's outside of their own personal beliefs. Yes its a "private" school but I felt that they stand in judgement of others to a degree that is discriminatory. So I was very disappointed. To be told you are not the "right" kind of Christian blows my mind. And the whole "those people". I testify to the love of Jesus Christ the son God who brings salvation to those who repent and ask for forgiveness. I forigve but its not our loss. My kids are great testers! Which seems to be all school is about tlately

Chicago Christian really is a fantastic school. As a student, I began my high school career at the public high school for my area, which happened to be Rich Central High School, and transferred second semester of my freshman year. The difference is amazing. Classes are challenging, but there are so many great teachers here that do their job so well. As a juinor I feel like I will be fully prepared for whatever college I choose to go to. The only criticism I have is the invigorous focus and emphasis that is put on sports and athletic teams, while we have very few clubs. I agree that athletics are important, but it would be nicer if they had more opportunities for things outside of the athletic world. Overall though, it's a really great school and provides a pleasant and safe environment.

I absolutely love Chicago Christian High School. It offers a variety of many different activities and all of the programs are great!

Last modified Chicago Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12