Posted March 13, 2014
St. Paul of the Cross is a wonderful school vested in the success of children. The school has an incredible Principal who knows all of the students and bases her decisions on what is best for the kids. The school community is blessed to have such a talented leader. Aside from a small contingent of "know it all parents" who challenge efforts and exhibit self-serving motives rather than offering assistance, the school produces kind, well-rounded graduates with the tools to succeed in high school and beyond. I must add, the majority of parents/families are very nice people - the playground gossip group is easily identifiable and even easier to ignore.

Posted May 18, 2013
We have been so happy here, our third child is starting preschool next year. Warm community and teachers who both keep you in the loop and are genuinely concerned for your children. I would love there to be a playground for the younger grades but see it as a fundraising challenge!

Posted March 30, 2013
Fantastic. My child is happy going to school, the kids are friendly and polite. The principle genuinely cares about continually improving the school. In comparing this school to other faith based schools you can't go wrong. Very much a community. Look at the test scores and high school placements. I don't see it as a day care. I think it's appropriate to let children be children and introduce sports in 4th grade. There are opportunities for other clubs and activites. You need to read the Thursday mailings and be in the know.

Posted October 20, 2012
I am surprised by some of the ratings here. We've been at the school 5 years and my 3 children are getting exactly the education I had hoped for - academics as good as the publics, and regular faith education. The kids go to mass every week. We have really enjoyed being a party of the community of families here.

St Paul Of The Cross School 2

Posted October 19, 2012
Very disappointed in this school. The preschool program is very lacking educationally and when it comes to communication with parents. The school in general has some very nice staff, but seems unorganized. My family was also very disappointed in the sense of community. Parents weren't very welcoming, and there weren't a lot of activites for building relationships with the other preschoolers and their families.

Posted August 08, 2011
I am so happy with my kid's progress in this school! Mornings are easier because they look forward to going to school. All of the kids are very well behaved. It's nice to send my kids to a school where all the kids are smart.

St Paul Of The Cross School 1

Posted May 11, 2010
Nothing is offered in terms of extracurricular activities/clubs for children K-3 most after school programs begin in grade 4, very limited variety. Most schools offer much more. If your child has any learning challenges from mild to extreme, this school offers very little assistance & is not able to make recommendations on outside resources that may help. No after school tutoring, teachers & staff are usually in a big rush to leave exactly 30 min after school lets out. Not much in the way of dedication to the students. Outside music classes are offered at a fee, but very limited to string instruments only-no piano or guitar offered. I feel as though more of our hard earned dollars that we use to pay for a good strong catholic education at this school is spent more on keeping the grounds perfectly manicured as opposed to investing it in our childrens education here.

St Paul Of The Cross School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I completely agree with yet another parents review here, this school is most definitely more like a day care rather than an educational facility and I say this across all grade levels.

St Paul Of The Cross School 4

Posted September 13, 2009

St Paul Of The Cross School 1

Posted June 18, 2009

St Paul Of The Cross School
140 South Northwest Highway, Park Ridge, IL  60068
Last modified St Paul Of The Cross School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Paul Of The Cross School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top