PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

St Paul Of The Cross School 1

Posted March 13, 2016
Our experience at SPC has been horrible. After having 2 kids graduate and one more left there, I have seen it decline not only academically but also in is standards and values. Every grade is labeled as a rough group and it is simply because the staff in place doesn't have the discipline skills or support from administration to maintain order in the classroom. What has resulted is a culture of disrespectful children and a very comfortable staff that are there only because of their relationship with administration. Don't believe the positive reviews, all posted within days of each other, those are staged.

Posted June 15, 2015
We have been at St Paul of the Cross 8 years so far, and I would not change a thing. We have the option of the Park Ridge public schools, but wanted the faith & values of a Catholic education and that's exactly what we've gotten, in addition to a great education.

Posted June 14, 2015
We currently have 3 children at St. Paul of the Cross and have been highly impressed by the academic standards. The faculty ensures that your child receives the education he or she deserves - children are challenged in an appropriate manner and the resources are top notch. We have been very pleased with the advanced math curriculum for our oldest child. Each child is viewed as an individual and the teachers truly care for them. Our children want to go to school each day! We have also been highly impressed with the overall sense of community - it is something we did not experience at our previous school in the City and appears to very unique to St. Paul of the Cross. The faculty and parent community exhibit a shared sense of pride for the school and all of its students (parents want to be involved!) and the students show a great deal of respect to their teachers and one another. We couldn't ask for a better academic and faith based educational experience for our children.

Posted June 08, 2015
Love the SPC school spirit, sense of community & top notch education at St. Paul of the Cross. My 3 kids have been at SPC since they were each in kindergarten. SPC is a blue ribbon school and my kids are receiving an excellent education. We chose SPC over D64 schools b/c of the sense of community both for parents & kids. There are many socials for parents to meet (Oktoberfest, Hootenanny & and many others at SPC Celebrating the Spirit), but my favorite part of SPC is the sense of community among the students. Each student has a buddy in another grade that they will meet up with during the year. My kindergarten daughter had a 2nd grade reading buddy who read stories to her every Friday. My 2nd grade son had an 8th grade prayer buddy who he met with throughout the year and had a picnic with at the end of the year. My family has lifelong friends from SPC because it is the place to be.

St Paul Of The Cross School 1

Posted January 31, 2015
Sad to say but "SPC is not the place to be." The few good teachers at this school have left. The remaining are either not qualified to teach or have just "given up", for lack of a better term, and are just there to collect a paycheck. The principal does nothing when confronted. Her job is to fundraise and market the school to attract new students to fund her budget. We have spent thousands of dollars sending our children to tutors not because they were failing, but because we felt it was necessary to compensate for the poor quality of education at this school. Many of the tutors in the area are funded by parents of SPC students. Our oldest child graduated from this school with honors, but failed basic algebra in high school. The counselor said that it is a pattern of students from SPC. My child was crushed. There were many children in my child's class that left last year for the same reason - poor academics. We pulled our other children out and sent them to another school. In hindsight we should have done it sooner. As parents we hoped that the money we spent at SPC would correlate into a good quality education. At this school it does not!

Posted March 13, 2014
St. Paul of the Cross is a wonderful school vested in the success of children. The school has an incredible Principal who knows all of the students and bases her decisions on what is best for the kids. The school community is blessed to have such a talented leader. Aside from a small contingent of "know it all parents" who challenge efforts and exhibit self-serving motives rather than offering assistance, the school produces kind, well-rounded graduates with the tools to succeed in high school and beyond. I must add, the majority of parents/families are very nice people - the playground gossip group is easily identifiable and even easier to ignore.

Posted May 18, 2013
We have been so happy here, our third child is starting preschool next year. Warm community and teachers who both keep you in the loop and are genuinely concerned for your children. I would love there to be a playground for the younger grades but see it as a fundraising challenge!

Posted March 30, 2013
Fantastic. My child is happy going to school, the kids are friendly and polite. The principle genuinely cares about continually improving the school. In comparing this school to other faith based schools you can't go wrong. Very much a community. Look at the test scores and high school placements. I don't see it as a day care. I think it's appropriate to let children be children and introduce sports in 4th grade. There are opportunities for other clubs and activites. You need to read the Thursday mailings and be in the know.

St Paul Of The Cross School 2

Posted October 19, 2012
Very disappointed in this school. The preschool program is very lacking educationally and when it comes to communication with parents. The school in general has some very nice staff, but seems unorganized. My family was also very disappointed in the sense of community. Parents weren't very welcoming, and there weren't a lot of activites for building relationships with the other preschoolers and their families.

Posted August 08, 2011
I am so happy with my kid's progress in this school! Mornings are easier because they look forward to going to school. All of the kids are very well behaved. It's nice to send my kids to a school where all the kids are smart.

St Paul Of The Cross School
140 South Northwest Highway, Park Ridge, IL  60068
Last modified St Paul Of The Cross School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8