Posted September 26, 2014
St. Andrews is a blessing to our children's educational, emotional, and spiritual needs. The principal and assistant principal are outgoing and care deeply about their students. The preschool program is booming and their director continues to offer and open new programs. We started our children with preschool at St. Andrews and now they are in elementary and jr. high! Praising God for being able to send my children to this private school!

Posted August 27, 2014
St. Andrews is a wonderful school! We came to the school last year after leaving another private school and the difference is night and day. The teachers are attentive to each student, the Principal is very engaged and the religious aspect is second to none! The newly remodeled library is outstanding along with the computer lab. Our family is looking forward to many more happy years here.

St Andrews Lutheran School 1

Posted July 07, 2013
Great PreK teacher. Not so good after that. Some academic issues such as middle grade teaching of evolution as a myth and a slow math curriculum. Felt more rigor (in addition to/beyond text book) could have been utilized, especially with such small class sizes. Middle grades teacher correcting student at Geography Bee about Shakespeare's birthplace, "England is not a country. Shakespeare was born in the country of UK." Busy work word searches for homework. Not impressed. Not returning.

Posted April 23, 2013
We absolutely love St Andrews. We switched from a Catholic school in the area and were hesitant about the switch. Our fears and concerns immediately washed away after the first week. The PK3 teacher is incredible. The activities she does with the children are creative, fun, and educational. The kids were warm and friendly to my shy child. They have weekly updates on the kids activities (which the other school didn't) which allowed more conversation about my child's day. Also, they offer a literacy class to spend extra time on handwriting, math skills, etc. Could not be happier with our switch.

Posted January 07, 2013
St. Andrews continues to amaze me as my children are challenged academically, taught values and morals and are receiving an outstanding christian education. The school continues to add new programs geared to students of all ages including a new preschool literacy program - yep, 3 year olds are learning early reading, a fabulous music program, a sports program that allows everyone to play and even have a middle school "high school prep" course in the works. I could send my kids to Park Ridge public schools, but I'm so thankful we decided to send our kids here over 9 years ago and would recommend it to anyone who asks. All schools have bully issues to some extent . It is nowhere as bad at St. Andrews as it is at many other schools and ALL issues are looked into by the principal and are addressed with those involved. I'm proud to be a Panther Parent!!!

St Andrews Lutheran School 3

Posted September 13, 2012
Principal is great. Teachers are mostly average. Third grade teacher is exceptional. Strong sense of faith is experienced and modeled. Unusual amount of bullying for a small school. Majority of bullying comes from several children of the most involved parents. Academics do lag. Graduating "Honor Roll" students often need pre-enrollment remedial summer math (Maine South) or fail first quarter English (Maine East). Sports and music programs are very strong. Children with social disorders (requiring medication) who have trouble fitting in at other schools have found a home at St. Andrews. For parents interested in enrolling their child in kindergarten, for a true picture, ask (unannounced) to observe the kindergarten teacher in action for a few hours (don't just let your child 'shadow').

Posted August 14, 2012
St. Andrews Lutheran is a wonderful place to send your children!! We have 2 children who have been at St. Andrews for 5 years now. We transferred from another private school where my child was behind academically & the teachers or principal could not have cared less about my children. At St. Andrews my children are above the national average academically, & I can honestly tell you the teachers & principal not only care, but LOVE my children!!! The teachers are caring, Christian role models & teach the children to be the same. They are easily accessible when needed. They are also involved even outside the classroom, coming to my children s events outside school. There are also strong inter-school relationships among all of the grades. It starts with the older classes reading to the younger grades once a week with reading buddies & the entire school attends chapel weekly where again an older grade is the chapel buddy for a younger grade. There is a wonderful violin program & many extra-curricular activities like band, scouts, basketball, volleyball, track & field and cross country and an UNBELIEVABLE all school musical among others. We have been very happy here!!

Posted May 30, 2012
St. Andrews is a wonderful school! There are many different programs and extra-curriculars available. The class sizes are small (15-18 students average). The classrooms are supported with new technology (SmartBoards, etc). There is definitely an individualized approach present within the classrooms--students are helped when needed and excelled when appropriate. I'm not saying that there is no bullying at this school--but efforts are constantly being made to monitor and enforce consequences. Some of the "bullying" is not actual bullying, but friends having disagreements. In a recent newsletter we've recieved, St. Andrews is doing "Rachel's Challenge" for the 2012-13 school year. I'm not totally familiar with the program, but I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits. We've been very happy with our time at St. Andrews and are excited for the next few years!

St Andrews Lutheran School 2

Posted May 16, 2012
To say we are sorely disappointed in our time at St. Andrews is a painful understatement. The education is average, at best. Super small class sizes but many of the students still require tutoring to just get to par. Oh, but you can PAY one of the teachers to tutor after school if you like. Huge issue for me. Bullying is also a big issue here. The same repeat offenders are allowed to run rampant as family after family leave because of it. Administratively the school still remains 'in transition' & it severely impacts all aspects of the school. Having been here for 6 years now, hoping and praying for improvements have been a waste of my childs education and alot of my money. This will be our last year here, we see NO reason to stay.

Posted October 17, 2011
The school has made HUGE advancements in the use of technology within the classroom. It is encouraging to see the teachers using different methods of teaching and learning. I feel as though the administration has done a job well done with keeping their staff involved and eliminating ineffective teaching.

St Andrews Lutheran School
260 North Northwest Highway, Park Ridge, IL  60068
Last modified St Andrews Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Andrews Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top