Pekin, IL

Posted November 07, 2011
This is my first experience working in K-3 environment. I am overwhelmed with the warm welcome that I have received since joining Starke School's staff in 2009. Everyone in this school truly cares about each child and their educational needs as well as personal needs. It has been such a heartwarming experience for me to work with these incredible teachers. I am proud to be a part of L. E. Stark School and to get to know our kids and their families! God bless.

Posted June 08, 2009
After reading the reviews below, I have to wonder what school my child is attending. This has been one of the most god awful experiences I've had in a long time. The principal has never been friendly and has never acknowledged my child when we walk into the school. He almost acts as if he's superior. A couple of the teachers I've encountered haven't been much better. The only person I have found to be friendly is Mrs. Preston, the schools secretary. We will probably also be looking into a private school. Too bad we didn't go to the same school that everyone else did.

Posted October 19, 2008
We LOVE Starke! My daughter is in first grade this year at Starke, after attending Jefferson last year. From day one, the staff, teachers, and principle have been completely wonderful! They really care and show it everyday. The principle greets each child by name almost every morning. There is always staff all around, making us feel like it is a safe and loving environment. The teacher is awesome! She has excellent communication, by email, in person, or by notes. Our daughter loves school this year and is a little behind after having an awful year at Jefferson. The teacher has helped us and our daughter to find what fits for her. She is getting the extra help that she needs, like during school reading groups and after school tutoring by one of the teachers. The principle is super wonderful, he really cares about his students! We LOVE STARKE!

Posted May 05, 2008
Two of my children have attended LE Starke and a third will be there in a few years. It is a wonderful school with a terrific Principal, Stan Fitzanko, and great teachers. We have been blessed with Jill Vertrees, Barb George, Morgan Belcher and Heather Knight. If you move to Pekin, I highly recommend LE Starke.

L E Starke Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2007
My daughter attended Starke for 3 years. It was the most horrific academic experience a child could have. She is in private school now and doing well with a 'B' average.

Posted April 22, 2005
My husband and I feel that L E Starke is the best Primary School in Pekin. Our child had Mrs. Smith for Kindergarten and now Mrs. Krohn for 1st Grade - 2 exceptional teachers! We are very pleased!

1610 Holiday Drive, Pekin, IL  61554
Last modified L E Starke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
L E Starke Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top