No rating

Valeska Hinton Early Ch Ed Center

Public | PK-1 | 375 students

Posted August 27, 2013

My school is Valeska Hinton Early Childhood Education Center. I believe that their dedication to excellence is shown through their students' achievements. I believe the experiences that are set up for these children are thought out as practical, creative, self-help promoting, and character building. The view of the whole child is seen as the staff carry out their lesson plans in the classroom, "kitchenettes", and outdoor play! All thought processes include gross motor and this is achieved through outdoor and indoor play areas. I like to go through the building and just listen to the active play and the teachers putting forth their patience and effective teaching strategies to help the children achieve their skill building. I also believe it is very helpful for the school to continue to allow people who are wanting a program like theirs in the city they are in. It is the greatest compliment when a group of people have gotten together and all exclaim how they would like to try and duplicate the Valeska Hinton Early Child Education Center! I believe that others should know the villiage it takes to help a child on their way to be a contributing good citizen.

Posted May 22, 2013

Valeska-Hinton is a wonderful school! My daughter has been attending since pre-K and is now finishing 1st grade. The staff and teachers are genuinely dedicated and caring. The school itself fosters a spirit of unity & pride among all the children. I have seen my daughter blossom socially, emotionally and intellectually thanks to Valeska. I love that she has been able to see an in-house speech therapist, and I also love the "fill the bucket" idea at the school that teaches my daughter empathy and giving to others. In fact we love everything about this school and we're going to miss Valeska!

Posted October 7, 2011

There is no better preschool in central Illinois! Our daughter attended for two years, and the intellectual stimulation and loving atmosphere were incredible. Parents are required to volunteer/spend time at school, the halls and walls are alive with artwork and science projects, they have before-and-after care, in-house speech therapists, and even a infant center. Our daughter left reading more than 3 grade levels above her age! Just as importantly, the school fostered her love of art and music, too. We loved coming in and spending time in the classroom - we'll always have these wonderful memories. If you can get in to Valeska, take advantage of your luck - your child will be grateful!

Posted September 16, 2009

My son just started at Valeska this school year and loves it there and so do I. He has blossomed so much in the last few week that didn't seem to happen in his old school. Everyone that I have come across there seems so happy to be there and be part of the school and have the best intentions for the children and family. I would highly recommend this school to any parent interested in sending their child there.

Posted June 17, 2009

Valeska has taught my child so much, it is just a continuation of the education that she receives at home. As they say, 'It takes a Village to raise a child'. I believe that you need many people to raise a child and you need to be involved. It is trully amazing.

Posted April 7, 2009

Our school is proudly accredited by the National Association of the Education on Young Children. The accrediation is a very complicated process to pick out the highest quality schools. The leadership and staff is very dedicated to providing the most nurturing learning environment for children and families.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 29, 2007

Great school! My daughter is in her second year and has grown and learned so much. I love the involvement there is with family and community, it makes for some really great learning experiences.

Posted February 1, 2005

My daughter and I love Valeska. They incorperate play experiences and learning throughout their school. They're idea of a family as a villiage is evident in all they do. Please visit their website at http://www.psd150.org/valeskahinton.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 4%

• Mrs. Ann Bond

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

800 West Romeo B Garrett Avenue