Posted March 05, 2013
We have had 2 children attend Washington Gifted & have had nothing but wonderful experiences. I am unsure as to why people are comparing this school to Peoria Academy, as this site is to give WG a review. Washington Gifted is ranked #1 in the state of Illinois with students getting 100% on all state scores....I think that speaks for itself!

Washington Gifted School 1

Posted January 18, 2013
I know many think that this school is amazing, but it's not. One of my sons goes to Peoria Academy and the other goes here. I've been comparing homework, and the homework from Peoria Academy is much more challenging. Overall Peoria Academy is much better.

Posted February 13, 2012
My daughter attened Washington Gifted School through middle school. I agree with the comment that they "get" my kid. My daughter truly loves it there because of just that. In elementary school she felt out of place, but is always commenting on how 'strange' minds think alike there (not that I would put it that way). It's true that it can be strict, but some children, like my daughter needed that. They don't let your kid sluff off. I got a call from the principal when my daughter didn't feel like doing an assignment and said "just give me the 0". She had to have the report done the next day and the principal came to watch her present! I have also found most of the teachers to be outstanding. As you might sense, my daughter has a stubborn streak and hates to ask for help. Several teachers have gone way above and beyond the call of duty in helping her, and helping me help her! (two teachers even gave me their home #s). The only problem I've really found is figuring out which highschool to send her to that will give her some measure of the same quality of education as WGS!

Posted October 28, 2010
All of my kids have been fortunate enough to attend Washington Gifted and I have been more than satisfied that they have received a quality public education there.I would say that the teachers range from average to exceptional, but the student level is what really sets it apart from other schools. The higher level students have caused my children to work harder than they would at any other school, including Peoria Academy, where average test scores are considerably lower.

Washington Gifted School 1

Posted May 05, 2010
Washington gifted school is not quite in fact a gifted school, it is a school for smart kids not gifted kids. The program is fun here but if you are looking for a school that is ahead in its education go to Peoria Academy. Peoria Academy has a higher concentration of gifted children. At Peoria Academy the academics are about a year higher and each child has a more individualized education. The kids at washington are taught microsoft word and powerpoint but at PA some already know html, Autodesk Inventor, how to make computer games, robotics, movies, audio recordings, and much more. the students at PA show each other cool software, mathematical tricks, stories they have written,or other educational stuff in their free time.

Posted April 30, 2010
After issues with Peoria Academy, we were fortunate enough for our daughter to be accepted into Washington Gifted School. I am certain this is the best middle school in the area. The test scores are great, the children don't have to deal with the social antics found in others schools and the teachers understand the kind of children they are teaching. Washington offers challenging, interesting education and assignments. We are extremely pleased with this school.

Posted April 27, 2010
I am so thankful for Washington Gifted School. They 'get' my kid. Everyone there is wanting him to succeed. It can be very strict, but he needs structure like never before! They demand the best from him and I so appreciate that!

Washington Gifted School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
Washington Gifted School recognizes that gifted students need specialized education just as much as students with learning disabilities do. My child is challenged by the teachers at his school to think analytically as well as creatively and not to be satisfied with doing any less than his best.

Posted September 01, 2009
Washington makes you work hard but it is a very fun school.

Posted March 06, 2008

Washington Gifted School
3706 North Grand Boulevard, Peoria, IL  61614
Last modified Washington Gifted School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Gifted School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top