Bad
Good

We have had a great experience at this school

Both of my children attend Kellar, and our experience has been very positive. The principal, Mr, Turner, is actively involved with each student and school-wide activities. The teachers have been top notch as well. I agree with a previous comment that the facilities don't look like much, but the academic content is solid. Parent involvement is high. The carnival at the school tonight proves that--it seemed like every family attended. We thought about moving to Dunlap for their "better" schools, but I see no justification to pay so much more in property taxes. I also find value in my kids' exposure to a diverse environment. This interaction at an early age prepares them for a lifetime of understanding, awareness, and confidence.

My daughter is going into the 3rd grade this year at Kellar. We really love it!It is culturally diverse, challenging ciriculum and a very commited staff and principal. The parents are very, very involved with classrooms and activities.

Without a doubt, the best school in Dist 150. Kellar competes with other schools in quality with surrounding communities like Dunlap, Morton or local private schools. What I like about Kellar that the others can not touch is the ethnic diversity . Kellar's test scores are high, great staff that do not turn over, an active PTO and great parental involvement. Like any school, if your child has special needs, you need to advocate for your child,(one of my children is one) but I have not yet found the school to be unreasonable when approached about issues pertaining to his schooling. I would highly recommend and tell parents not to be scared off by the rest of the district's lack of progress!

Everyone is so involved. It seems like there is always some picnic or after school acitivity for the whole family. I like that parents are so hands-on and the teachers are friendly to warm.

Both of my daughters attend Kellar (k and 1st grade) and I love the school! The district itself is lacking in many ways but, Kellar doesn't seem to affected by this! My oldest went to another 150 school for k and this school is 100 times better! The parent involvement is wonderful and the teachers and so caring and you can tell they are proud of their school!

I am not all that impressed with Kellar this year. My son is in the second grade & we are having problems. My son has ADHD & ODD & the school is fighting with me about getting him tested for extra help. To me that should be there top priority but it isnt! More than likely my child will not be attending Kellar after this year. Dist 150 as a whole is a HORRIBLE dist. if you can send your children to another dist do it

Keller does a wonderful job with its students! I have had 2 children attend, and they recived a great education. The teachers and principal go out of their way to help and teach students.

Last modified Kellar Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.