Posted February 09, 2013
Both of my children attend Kellar, and our experience has been very positive. The principal, Mr, Turner, is actively involved with each student and school-wide activities. The teachers have been top notch as well. I agree with a previous comment that the facilities don't look like much, but the academic content is solid. Parent involvement is high. The carnival at the school tonight proves that--it seemed like every family attended. We thought about moving to Dunlap for their "better" schools, but I see no justification to pay so much more in property taxes. I also find value in my kids' exposure to a diverse environment. This interaction at an early age prepares them for a lifetime of understanding, awareness, and confidence.

Posted July 07, 2012
My daughter is going into the 3rd grade this year at Kellar. We really love it!It is culturally diverse, challenging ciriculum and a very commited staff and principal. The parents are very, very involved with classrooms and activities.

Posted May 01, 2010

Posted March 31, 2010
Without a doubt, the best school in Dist 150. Kellar competes with other schools in quality with surrounding communities like Dunlap, Morton or local private schools. What I like about Kellar that the others can not touch is the ethnic diversity . Kellar's test scores are high, great staff that do not turn over, an active PTO and great parental involvement. Like any school, if your child has special needs, you need to advocate for your child,(one of my children is one) but I have not yet found the school to be unreasonable when approached about issues pertaining to his schooling. I would highly recommend and tell parents not to be scared off by the rest of the district's lack of progress!

Posted August 12, 2009
Everyone is so involved. It seems like there is always some picnic or after school acitivity for the whole family. I like that parents are so hands-on and the teachers are friendly to warm.

Kellar Primary School 0

Posted January 23, 2009
Both of my daughters attend Kellar (k and 1st grade) and I love the school! The district itself is lacking in many ways but, Kellar doesn't seem to affected by this! My oldest went to another 150 school for k and this school is 100 times better! The parent involvement is wonderful and the teachers and so caring and you can tell they are proud of their school!

Kellar Primary School 0

Posted January 22, 2009
I am not all that impressed with Kellar this year. My son is in the second grade & we are having problems. My son has ADHD & ODD & the school is fighting with me about getting him tested for extra help. To me that should be there top priority but it isnt! More than likely my child will not be attending Kellar after this year. Dist 150 as a whole is a HORRIBLE dist. if you can send your children to another dist do it

Posted October 01, 2007
Keller does a wonderful job with its students! I have had 2 children attend, and they recived a great education. The teachers and principal go out of their way to help and teach students.

Posted June 21, 2006
Kellar Primary is a great school. Having had my children in private school, we switched to Kellar and enjoy the diversity that it offers.

Posted April 27, 2006
The best public primary school in Peoria. Has the highest test scores of any school in the District. Teachers at Kellar stay at Kellar. Most have been there for many years, lots of experience. Children who attend Kellar have the best chance for being selected to test and attend Washington Gifted Middle School, the best Middle School in the State of Illinois. Very friendly school, with a wonderful principal, Ken Turner (whose own children attend the school). Safe area. The facilities don't look like much, but the the academics are excellent. Very involved PTO. Although the school district is strapped for cash, Kellar Kids don't want for anything. Private schools in the area can't compete with Kellar. Nor can Dunlap. If you can arrange it, Kellar is definitely the school you want your kids to attend.

Kellar Primary School
6413 North Mount Hawley Road, Peoria, IL  61614
Last modified Kellar Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kellar Primary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top