Peoria, IL

Northmoor-Edison Primary School 4

Posted February 11, 2012
Northmoor is a great school. The culture is very welcoming to the children and the parents. The teachers are excellent in praising students for their efforts and showing good character. The flow of the curriculum helps the students retain the information. I am very please with my choice and confident that my son is getting a excellent foundation.

Posted October 25, 2010
Staff!!! They are the best!!!

Posted April 22, 2010
Northmoor has an exceptional program. Their Principal, Dr. Wood, runs a very respectable school which not only educates students in the standard curriculum but enforces respect throughout the school by teaching and enforcing core values every month.

Posted September 21, 2009
This is one of the best schools in our state and they have the accolades to prove it! Every child is important. Parents and teachers work together to find a nuturing, educational environment that not only teaches them the fundamentals but core values of life.

Posted September 21, 2009
I love the staff and how they make each child feel special and that they matter! Each child can learn at their own pace and still feel part of the group. The school focuses on all the educational lessons that are necessary but also the core values that makes kids grow up into productive and successful adults. A place where students can soar to new heights.

Posted April 28, 2008
I Have 2 children at this school and they both LOVE it. I disagree with the previous comment about extra curricular activities. They are right on track with the other elementary schools around the area. I do agree that WAY to much emphasis is put on the ISAT. They stress the kids out for no reason other than to make sure the teachers and principal look good. My son's grades started slipping once ISAT preparation came up because they would only stay on one unit for 2 weeks. Other than that the school is great, the teachers are amazing, they really care about the students, bad behavior is not tolerated. The drama and chorus teacher is EXCELLENT. I can't say enough good things about this school. I will be sad when it's time to leave.

Posted April 23, 2008
This school offers the best of everything. I don't know of other school's that offer Spanish from kindergarten. It truely does offer a world class education.

Posted April 22, 2008
I have three children in this school this year, and one who moved on to middle school already, and it is an awesome school. The kids adore their teachers, and are challenged and well supported. The curriculum is engaging and the extras such as art, music and spanish keep the kids interested. The only downside I have seen is the lack of extra curricular activity, and even the ones that are offered, are largely limited to how many can participate. At this age, it isn't such a large concern though. A lot of emphasis is put on the ISAT tests and I feel too much pressure is put on the kids, when the testing is really evaluating the teachers, not the kids. Still, I highly recommend this school!

Posted September 28, 2007
This school is a great school. My Daughter is in 1st here and has learned so much and absolutely loves the school. There is wonderful parent and child invovlement in every part of the school. All the teachers are great. Just a wonderful school in Peoria!

Posted July 04, 2006
Northmoor-Edison is a choice school; those who are there really want to be there. This model offers accountability; progress is carefully monitored and the teaching staff receives tools which allows them to modify their teaching methods to fit individual needs. Students, parents, and teachers design goals for each student each quarter. They each decide what they are going to do to help that child reach his/her goal. My husband and I have been Edison partnership parents for 7 years. We appreciate the well-rounded education it offers including an emphasis on foreign language and the arts. We appreciate having a choice in where we have our kids educated. We love knowing that all who are there, including staff, have chosen to dedicate themselves to this research based model that works well in our community!

1819 West Northmoor Road, Peoria, IL  61614
Last modified Northmoor-Edison Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northmoor-Edison Primary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top