Peoria, IL

Posted September 22, 2013
First rate teaching and wonderful children in this excellent West Bluff school. Our children have thrived here.

Whittier Primary School 3

Posted December 20, 2010
This site's number one rule is that names of individuals should not be used...the site _says_ it won't post them. But there you see names named and really unfair labels applied. Do we blame the ungenerous and bitter parent who ignored the site's protocols (Hey mom, even a great school can't get all the economically gifted kids into Washington!)? or the site for not following its own policies? I say, "you rock, Principal A!"

Whittier Primary School 1

Posted May 13, 2009
Sadly, I have noticed a decrease in teacher motivation, and parent satisfaction, since the new principal took over. Mrs. Andrews does not appear to have the neutrality, professionalism and leadership skills her predecessor had, and it's apparent in the school on a daily basis. Dr. Kherat INSPIRED these children (and parents), Mrs. Andrews is simply an administrator. I fear that Whittier will not be a blue ribbon school much longer.

Posted February 07, 2008
This is an awesome school that I would definetly recomend to other parents

Posted September 04, 2007
Fantastic school led by a wonderful and caring Principal. The best public school I have seen and even better than many private and Catholic schools. Students are challenged but also supported in there learning. Teachers all seem to care about the children. Discipline problems are rare, the students seem motivated! I was chess coach last year, but my chessplayer is moving on.

Posted November 15, 2005
I think it would be a shame to have Whittier closed. This is a Blue Ribbon School with a great staff and wonderful students. Please save our school from closing.

Whittier Primary School
1619 West Fredonia Avenue, Peoria, IL  61606
Last modified Whittier Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whittier Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top