Bad
Good

Charter Oak is a very bad school to have your child. The Blue Ribbon Award they have is NOT due to academic success but to poverty numbers !!!!!!!! Very bad organization and teachers seem not to care...

My school is amazing! We have a world-class staff, a supportive school community, and an excellent leader! The culture is condusive to a positive learning environment. I work here, and am a former parent.

This school may surprise you for the better. The teachers have been great and are willing to work outside the box if a student needs something special. They have all been very patient with my daughter who is not always the easiest to deal with. The homework level is reasonable. My daughter did have some issues with some other kids but I brought it the Principal's attention and he took care of it in a manor I thought was very acceptable. I know there are some bad schools in District 150 but I would not group Charter Oak with those just because it's District 150.

Charter Oak is an incredible school. I have three children attending with the oldest being in the third grade. He has been there since kindergarten. Every teacher that we've had expreience with has been an exceptionable teacher. I have never met more caring, loving, proud teachers. Mr.W is an irreplacable asset to Charter Oak. He truly cares about the children, teachers, and families. I feel blessed to have my children attending this wonderful school. Charter Oak has to be hands down the BEST school in D150, and its all attributed to the outstanding staff!

My child attends Charter Oak. He is a minority and we love the school. The school embraces diversity and culture. They promote positive reinforcement which has taught my son to be responsible and make better choices. We have been impressed by the quality of the teachers and staff! We would highly recommend this school to everyone!

Horrible school. Don't send your child here if they are a minority. The teachers try to hold back kids instead of helping them. One teacher even tried telling that my son needs to be on medication so he can sit on the rug quietly! My kid continually got bullied and the school does NOTHING. My son was told he can't ask questions and that he supposed to get it the first time as told. Bad bad school.

Wonderful, dedicated staff who really love to be there! All of my children have attended Charter Oak and I can honestly not think of ANY bad experiences that we ever had there. The principal is very hands on, visiting every single classroom every morning. He knows all the children by name and really cares for their success1

charter oaks is a wonderful school! we recently bought a house in the district. I was nervous about ditrict 150 was I shocked instead of wanting to put him on medicine they actually got him the extra help he needed and now he is on the honor.at his old school pleasant valley he did summer school every year now his conbidence has shot throught the roof. I think this is because of the dediaciated caring teachers!

Charter Oak has AWESOME teachers and great families!! Mr. W makes the school a safe school to send my daughters to.

We are very pleased with the school, the principal and the teachers. Teachers are dedicated and committed and have high, individualized standards for each student. Overall, it's been a great experience!

Last modified Charter Oak Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.