Holy Family Parish School

Private | PK-8 | 203 students

Living in Peoria

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $163,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $710.

Sweep tile

Posted October 6, 2011

All three of my kids attend HFS. It's a great, nurturing environment. Students are challenged academically and surrounded by teachers and staff who truly care about their success and character delopment. The students come from a variety of backgrounds and learn to accept each others differences. Most importantly, they're growing in their faith.

Posted November 2, 2010

All four of my children attend Holy Family School. We have been impressed by the strong Catholic identity and academics. Our children have thrived in this school -- it really is a "holy" family!

Posted May 4, 2010

Holy Family School provides my children with a great faith based foundation to their education. We have the most caring and wonderful teachers there. It truly is like a 2nd family for us and we are very fortunate to belong to this school.

Posted April 30, 2010

Holy Family School provides students with a quality, faith-based education, that prepares them for high school. The school is full of caring teachers and parent volunteers. We are a family!

Posted April 26, 2010

Holy Family is a stimulating school rooted in faith. It exemplies the ideal Catholic School. The teacher/student ratio is magnificent. Every child is given individual attention and pushed to his/her full potential.

Posted April 26, 2010

Holy Family Parish School in Peoria builds minds, bodies and spirits. The school really tries to live up to its name...praying and learning, respecting and serving. Our kids enjoy participating in a variety of extra-curricular activities that they couldn't find at other schools. I love that my kids always look forward to going to school! They love to learn and that's thanks in large part to the Holy Family faculty, staff and families who work together to make it a special place for children.

Posted April 26, 2010

Holy Family School continues to provide its students with a quality, faith-based education, that prepares them for high school and provides a firm foundation for higher learning and the basis to become strong citizens of our country.

Posted April 25, 2010

Such great school and teachers! Would move back to Peoria from Chicago just to have my son go there if we could!

Posted April 24, 2010

All of our children attended this school years ago and received an excellent education.

Posted April 24, 2010

This school is full of caring teachers and compassionate families who take the school name and mission seriously. We ARE a Holy Family!

Posted April 24, 2010

Christ-centered character development. Culturally diverse community of learners. Emphasis on performing arts. Dedicated teachers. Students experience faith-in-action through service opportunities and various celebrations.

Posted April 24, 2010

The education and the friends for life.I also went to Holy Family and now I send my kids there.

Posted October 20, 2009

Holy Family Parish School has provided my four children with an excellent academic and spiritual formation. Two of my children have graduated from Holy Family and went on to attend Peoria Notre Dame High School -- one graduated third in his class at PND and the other is ranked in the top ten percent of her class. My youngest two children are still attending Holy Family and are having a great experience!

Posted September 17, 2009

All 4 of my children have attended or are currently attending Holy Family Parish School. My 2 older daughters, now in high school, are doing very well both academically and socially. I firmly believe the values and morals they learned while attending Holy Family is largely responsible for making them the young women they are today. It is this foundation that will guide my children throughout their lives and shape them into well-rounded adults.

Posted June 24, 2008

Outstanding! Excellent staff, responsive to parents and a growing Arts program. The school lives up to it's name.

Posted May 6, 2008

No spanish teacher anymore. Music teacher, in charge of the annual spring recital, for which students are required to prepare all year long an participate, accepted a role in a stage play in town and went AWOL, resulting in the weakest offering we've witnessed in our many years at this school. Students in some classrooms report they've seen the pastor twice all year. Pastor was neither present, nor did he participate in the numerous First Communion retreats for kids and parents. Parish attendance at mass is in decline, because of arms-length demeanor of pastor. School next intends to merge classrooms in some grades, leaving a potential 30:1 teacher/student ratio looming in some classes. Holy Family is breaking our hearts, to see its decline.

Posted September 4, 2007

Very unhelpful to students with problems - they don't challenge, mediocre in most things. Teacher quality is uneven - some very good, others pretty poor.

Posted May 13, 2007

I currently have three children attending Holy Family. Our oldest graduates this year and based on testing was placed in all honors classes at a competitive college-prep high school. Holy Family students who work hard are very well prepared for high school. Extracurricular activities include various sports, band, orchestra, dance, drama, Scholastic Bowl, speech(declamations), chess and robotics clubs. Spanish is a required subject in pre-k through eighth grade, music is required pre-k through fifth grade. Students receive excellent and orthodox religious education and sacrament preparation. The teachers and administration are accessible to parents, energetic and willing to do whatever they can to assist my children, including helping one of my kids navigate some difficult social situations. The home/school communication is quite open. No school is perfect, but we found Holy Family offers strong academics, authentic Catholic teaching and development of all aspects of the students in a culturally diverse atmosphere.

Posted April 24, 2007

I believe they do have a good academic program but it needs improving, also currently the only use for the computers is for games and I would like to see them used instead for educational purposes. I believe that they are sadly lacking in communication as far as certain teachers are concerned and the teachers aren't given the skills to help the children that are having social problems within their class and no plan of action if there is a reacurring problem. The current principal is more concerned with how things look on the outside versus what truly is going on within the school.

Posted February 23, 2006

I am an alumnus of this grade school and have very fond memories from my years here. I had a solid academic background at Holy Family and was one of the top students at the public high school I attended afterward. More importantly, I learned compassion, respect, tolerance and walked away with a sturdy set of values after my schooling here. I don't know what the curriculum is like now, but when I was there it was a center of spiritual and academic learning.
—Submitted by a former student

Two or more races 14% N/A
Asian 4% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Therese A Schmidt
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Peoria

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2329 West Reservoir Boulevard