PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

This school is too small, the children have no room for advancement. Many of the children have parents who work in this school so privacy is a very big issue and students grades are often times in the wrong people's hands.

I love this school and so do my kids. It's a very small school. All the kids know each other and interact with each other, the older ones helping the younger ones. The kids are really nice and well behaved. Of course they are not perfect, they are kids, but I have no worry about bad influence for my kids. The teachers are excellent not only in academics but also as positive influence on our kids. The ambiance is very family like and relax without lowering the quality of learning. I definitely recommend this school, even if you are not Jewish, as long as you are open to Jewish life learning.

Wonderful academic program and a close-knit family environment. Exactly the sort of nurturing environment that we want for our children!

I cannot say enough about the individual attention that is applied everyday at this school. Kids are treated as humans and given just enough freedom to grow and learn and bond in a healthy, happy environment.

With two children at this school in different grade levels, it has been interesting. One of my children was very shy and quiet before starting here and blossomed in this environment and with all the encouragement from the team of teachers and the other students. With classes sizes typically between 3-5 students and computers in all the rooms as well as a computer lab, the students get more one on one attention and the ability to expand on areas that they enjoy and wish to explore. The kids get to go on field trips almost weeklyand our kids are encouraged in leadership and service. Community and parent involvement is encouraged and vital in the growth of these children.

My son attended the Peoria Hebrew Day School for eight years. He is now a senior in high school; graduating in the top 10% of his class with a 3.90 grade point. The teachers at the day school prepared my son to be an excellent student; studying three hours a day in high school, participating in two sports per year, on the high honor roll every single grading period, and he has already been accepted to the University of Wisconsin. My son was socially and intellectually prepared by the Peoria Hebrew Day School. The same teachers he had are still at the school.

I cannot say enough how much my family loves this school. It is such a nurturing, family focused environment that every child truly feels special and becomes very confident. The ratio is 1:4. The secular education prepares our students for high school and college. Most of our graduates work about 1 year ahead of their grades, but sometimes 2. We also have remedial students receiving special attention. The curriculum is individualized. We have multi age classrooms. Our size allows us to go on many cultural excursions, to the symphony, theater, apple farm. We also get an unbelievable Jewish education. We are conservative in teachings, but appeal equally to the reform and orthodox communities. We enjoy unparalleled parental support, with two of our moms working almost full time in our office. We never turn a child away for lack of funding ... we work on a generous financial aid package.

Last modified Peoria Hebrew Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7