Peoria, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted April 08, 2014
Peoria Christian School is an excellent Christian school. It has top notch academics and provides a loving, safe atmosphere. I knew that if we had any difficulties, the staff and teachers would listen and try to come a solution. One of the highlights of the school, is the parental involvement. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to get involved through volunteering in the room, extra-curriculars, library, art, and lunch room. Furthermore, the school offers parent prayer groups and bible studies. If you are looking for a reasonable (bargain) tuition, competitive academics, and a Christian atmosphere, PCS is your school!

Posted January 27, 2014
This is a college prep school. Its simply doesn't have the facilities or income to cater to special needs. Its isn't out of a lack of love or not wanting those children to succeed, its that keeping tuition low doesn't give the school the ability to spend considerable funds in those areas. Also the thought that income affects playing time in sports is just silly. Sour grapes. When looking at the test scores and college success rates (which are all public record) of PCS compared to other area schools, one can see that its worth the small investment to send students here. Add to that the biblical world view and prayer/love showered on the students, and you will see why this school has been so successful. We've been very pleased with our student's teachers and feel blessed to have our child here.

Posted January 27, 2014
This is a great college preparation school. Students and parents are allowed to participate in school activities unlike some public schools. While my two children struggled with the teenage social issue. This school has prepared them to succeed in the broken world. I would pay double the cost for PCS to keep tthem out of the failed public school system.

Posted January 08, 2014
Having sent two children to PCS I agree with the comments regarding cliques...PCS has some great teachers and also some that make you wonder how they maintain employment as they are completely incompetant. PCS caters to the families that have money. This financicial exclusivity will keep your lower income child off the best sports teams or cheerleading squads, unless they are an obvious superstar. Lower income students also face harsher disciplinary action. If I could do it over again I would send my kids for early childhood and move them at middle or high to a different school.

Posted October 18, 2013
It is very interesting to me that most of the negative posts of this website have been dated in the last two years. It also is ironic that the administration change at PCS also occurred at this time as well. I believe that this school (association, board, etc,) needs to put two and two together!! Change is in order!!!

Posted October 17, 2013
No other place I would send my child. My child is coming to school not only to get a great education but to grow in their knowledge of Jesus Christ. To me there is no greater joy. There is no price tag for what that is worth in the heart of my child! LOVE THIS PLACE!

Posted September 16, 2013
As a former student (9 years) I can tell you that if you are reading this and are trying to come to a decision about whether or not this would be a good school for your son/daughter, I would vehemently WARN you that it is not. As noted by other reviewers, the cliques are still a problem. Since I went to the school over a decade ago, it seems that this is a problem that won't change. I feel that part of this comes from the small class sizes-- you are stuck with the same group of about 70 for years. Their opinion of you sticks, and if you are not part of the cool group of people to begin with then be prepared to be shunned/ignored. As far as quality of education...I can tell you with 100% confidence that I have a much broader educational background than those who graduated high school from PCS. I know this from talking with former classmates who continued there through high school. The quality of teaching is spotty at best. In short, I had a hard time growing up in this type of environment. If you are deciding to send your child to this school, please consider this: your child has a much greater chance of peer acceptance as well as a broader knowledge base by attending public school.

Peoria Christian School 2

Posted September 11, 2013
Peoria Christian does show special attention to the wealthy contributors and those they judge "more worthy" according to their own personal standards. our child was bullied, which was first of all, never taken seriously, then victimized and betrayed by the very staff of adults who were supposed to be there to protect. the only one protected here was the bully and elitist family. Our child suffered deeply from this betrayal and is now afraid of teachers and principals because she was punished for being bullied. the staff dodged, lied and manipulated to protect themselves and the bully, and you call this "Christian, and Godly Love. How dare you wear his name and treat a very small, good child in such a way? shame on all who were involved and allowed our child to be victimized and traumatized to protect your personal agenda, and for this we were paying about 6,000 a year! We had some very good years and some very bad . Beware of the welcomed parental involvement. to some in charge, this really means volunteer, give your money, and keep your mouth shut to most everything else. So so sad because there are many good folks and teachers there.

Posted July 26, 2013
Experienced major bullying issues, school didn't want to respond to my numerous requests for actions. Also, I put in close to 1,000 service hours for the school, often being at school until 11 PM many nights, and the school denied any service hours because I had performed them at school. PCS is not a christlike school. I had a science teacher that would continuously yell at students. And if you didn't believe the Earth is exactly 3,000 years old, you were going to be in deep trouble.

Posted July 22, 2013
YOUR JUDGMENT DAY WILL COME!! My child attend PCS and we did have a great experience until third grade when he was bullied. Involving the principal & everyone higher we kept hearing the same words "WE DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BULLIES!" This went on for many years before making the change and praying that things will get better. Not only did we get bullied by the children but from the teachers parents and the administration. As a Christian school they do NOT show Christ like Values! I do agree with what others have posted about if your child has any differences or issues they are SHUNNED. My child decided to make a change and go to a public school which greatly saddened me and still does. But to tell you the truth it was the best thing that we ever did. I have found more Christ like actions in the public school than I did at PCS! If you are going to state that you are a Christ like school you need to make sure that all that are involved from the child to the parents feel that all things are handled in a Christ like way.Our family has recovered from the bulling that was dealt out on a constant basis but it took a long time for any of us to trust someone outside of our lives. WWJD?

Peoria Christian School
3506 N California Ave, Peoria, IL  61603
Last modified Peoria Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Peoria Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top