PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child attended this school very briefly. It was a terrible experience and honestly I am so happy we found a different school. Instead of redirection in the very early grades it seems as though they press and focus on punishment. My child was completely humiliated and broken down within just days of attending. I am a Christian and do not take writing a bad review lightly but I urge other parents if your child does not fit perfectly into their quiet, subdued box they will be punished over and over until the school breaks them down. My child had no issues at the school they attended before PCS and is having a perfect time at their new school so it seems as though it's not my child it's the school. (Of course I do not believe my child is perfect, but I do believe the teacher was put off the very first day and had a difficult time moving past it). The elementary school principle truly seems cold and very "punishment and discipline" focused and even with very young children constant time outs are enforced. Honestly the brief time we were there were the worst few weeks of my families life as of yet. They convinced me my child had something wrong with them, implied adhd or autism may be an issue and I have never seen my child act the way they did in the short time we were at this school. It says so much that the school we attended previously not a single time out was issued and the school we are at now the same thing. Very odd how somehow my child was taken out of the class or put in timeout at least 15 times within the time we were there. I feel the teacher who appeared very kind and sweet did not want to deal with my child who is a bit overly talkative (as children starting school typically are) and pushed my child to the point of breaking on a daily basis. There are wonderful students, parents and teachers at PCS, however, please know they have very little tolerance for imperfect behavior and will punish to the point of breaking a child's spirit. They truly made me feel like something was wrong with my child and left me making appointments with behavioral therapists only to realize it wasn't my child's issue it was theirs.

Peoria Christian School is an excellent Christian school. It has top notch academics and provides a loving, safe atmosphere. I knew that if we had any difficulties, the staff and teachers would listen and try to come a solution. One of the highlights of the school, is the parental involvement. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to get involved through volunteering in the room, extra-curriculars, library, art, and lunch room. Furthermore, the school offers parent prayer groups and bible studies. If you are looking for a reasonable (bargain) tuition, competitive academics, and a Christian atmosphere, PCS is your school!

This is a college prep school. Its simply doesn't have the facilities or income to cater to special needs. Its isn't out of a lack of love or not wanting those children to succeed, its that keeping tuition low doesn't give the school the ability to spend considerable funds in those areas. Also the thought that income affects playing time in sports is just silly. Sour grapes. When looking at the test scores and college success rates (which are all public record) of PCS compared to other area schools, one can see that its worth the small investment to send students here. Add to that the biblical world view and prayer/love showered on the students, and you will see why this school has been so successful. We've been very pleased with our student's teachers and feel blessed to have our child here.

This is a great college preparation school. Students and parents are allowed to participate in school activities unlike some public schools. While my two children struggled with the teenage social issue. This school has prepared them to succeed in the broken world. I would pay double the cost for PCS to keep tthem out of the failed public school system.

Having sent two children to PCS I agree with the comments regarding cliques...PCS has some great teachers and also some that make you wonder how they maintain employment as they are completely incompetant. PCS caters to the families that have money. This financicial exclusivity will keep your lower income child off the best sports teams or cheerleading squads, unless they are an obvious superstar. Lower income students also face harsher disciplinary action. If I could do it over again I would send my kids for early childhood and move them at middle or high to a different school.

It is very interesting to me that most of the negative posts of this website have been dated in the last two years. It also is ironic that the administration change at PCS also occurred at this time as well. I believe that this school (association, board, etc,) needs to put two and two together!! Change is in order!!!

No other place I would send my child. My child is coming to school not only to get a great education but to grow in their knowledge of Jesus Christ. To me there is no greater joy. There is no price tag for what that is worth in the heart of my child! LOVE THIS PLACE!

As a former student (9 years) I can tell you that if you are reading this and are trying to come to a decision about whether or not this would be a good school for your son/daughter, I would vehemently WARN you that it is not. As noted by other reviewers, the cliques are still a problem. Since I went to the school over a decade ago, it seems that this is a problem that won't change. I feel that part of this comes from the small class sizes-- you are stuck with the same group of about 70 for years. Their opinion of you sticks, and if you are not part of the cool group of people to begin with then be prepared to be shunned/ignored. As far as quality of education...I can tell you with 100% confidence that I have a much broader educational background than those who graduated high school from PCS. I know this from talking with former classmates who continued there through high school. The quality of teaching is spotty at best. In short, I had a hard time growing up in this type of environment. If you are deciding to send your child to this school, please consider this: your child has a much greater chance of peer acceptance as well as a broader knowledge base by attending public school.

Peoria Christian does show special attention to the wealthy contributors and those they judge "more worthy" according to their own personal standards. our child was bullied, which was first of all, never taken seriously, then victimized and betrayed by the very staff of adults who were supposed to be there to protect. the only one protected here was the bully and elitist family. Our child suffered deeply from this betrayal and is now afraid of teachers and principals because she was punished for being bullied. the staff dodged, lied and manipulated to protect themselves and the bully, and you call this "Christian, and Godly Love. How dare you wear his name and treat a very small, good child in such a way? shame on all who were involved and allowed our child to be victimized and traumatized to protect your personal agenda, and for this we were paying about 6,000 a year! We had some very good years and some very bad . Beware of the welcomed parental involvement. to some in charge, this really means volunteer, give your money, and keep your mouth shut to most everything else. So so sad because there are many good folks and teachers there.

Experienced major bullying issues, school didn't want to respond to my numerous requests for actions. Also, I put in close to 1,000 service hours for the school, often being at school until 11 PM many nights, and the school denied any service hours because I had performed them at school. PCS is not a christlike school. I had a science teacher that would continuously yell at students. And if you didn't believe the Earth is exactly 3,000 years old, you were going to be in deep trouble.

Last modified Peoria Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12