Bad
Good

Ridgeview Elementary School 4

Posted November 20, 2014
I went there three years ago from kindergarden to fifth grade and really enjoyed the school- it seems there has been a lot of new things added too...

Posted September 23, 2013
My son love the school it's really the school that every parent look for their kids

Posted September 01, 2013
We love Ridgeview! Great teachers, administration, and programs. The students there are in good hands.

Posted August 27, 2013
My child loves going to school. The teachers we have had have been wonderful. They are good at what they do. The school (and district) is always improving the curriculum and heading in the right direction. I like the Singapore Math approach and they have also added Spanish to the curriculum. The principal, office staff, teachers, and even the bus driver, have all been really easy to talk to and very responsive to any issues that I brought to their attention. Overall, I have been very happy with Ridgeview and my child is doing extremely well.

Posted August 26, 2013
The school is great! The teachers are all very caring and have innovative ideas to help students learn and stay motivated. The way they do the lunches is via a reloadable card, which makes things very easy for me as a parent - just load it every so often, and they pick when they want to bring lunch or buy (its also helpful for the morning when we are in a rush and we decide they need to buy that day at the last minute!) The principal is very relatable and approachable, I feel like I could bring any concerns I might have and they would be addressed. The office staff is wonderful - very easy to communicate with as a parent, and they genuine care about each student. The school is set on a nice piece of property, away from other buildings, with plenty of recreation facilities. Lots of fields, basketball courts, and soccer fields. The school and teachers keeps the parents well informed of upcoming events, as well as sending out more urgent messages in a timely fashion. And finally, the PTO is very welcoming to new parents. They encourage parents to join in and support the kids and the school, but they don't put undue pressure on you if you can't. Overall, a wonderful school

Ridgeview Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
I have worked at Ridgeview Elementary for 9 years and love the atmosphere I work in. The teachers and staff are very supportive and caring towards the students and each other. They place the student's needs above all else, "what is best for the student?", is the question asked. The building is well maintained and updated frequently, in physical structure and technologically. We really strive to prepare the students for the global world that they are entering. We do our best to prepare them not only academically, but also with good character and motivation to perform at their best everyday. Ridgeview is part of the Dunlap School District 323. Our school district's housing/business market is growing every year, which gives us a solid tax base to help sustain us. This allows us to serve our student body and staff, efficiently and with current curriculum and technology. My own children have gone through district 323 and were well prepared for college and it's challenges. They learned, were prepared and enjoyed their school years. That is the best test a school can master.

Posted August 20, 2013
My child, now children, have been attending Ridgeview for 3 years. In the past year, I have noticed a significant interest in making this school better than it ever was. Not only does the school place an emphasis on reading & math, which they are constantly reevaluating to make the curriculum better, but they have now placed an emphasis on the social emotional aspect of learning. Teaching the children to be better citizens for our community. The staff is engaged with the students & the parents. I am very happy with this school.

Posted August 31, 2009
I moved from a neighboring school district to Dunlap School District 323. We paid for two homes for almost one year and this school district was worth it. We have two children in Ridgeview. The school is run well, children are taught self discipline, excellent teachers, the principal is a great leader who directs the school like a musical conductor. If you are moving from out of state and don't know what school district is best for you....Dunlap is a very good choice- any of the schools in the district are great. I have a special needs and a gifted child and the district addresses both of their learning differences beautifully.

Ridgeview Elementary School

Posted August 24, 2009
I am very impressed with the staff, very professional and helpful. My child loves the school. The principal is personable, and outstanding, in other words, 'The Best'!

Ridgeview Elementary School 3

Posted February 28, 2008
I have two kids at Ridgeview. We chose the school because of the high test scores and because we were told that it was one of the best elementary schools in the area. Overall, we have been dissappointed. High test scores do not make a good school. The teachers seem overwhelmed. The school has a joyless feel. The principal is very aloof and does not seem to connect to the parents or students at all. Overall, the school is not a friendly environment. The kids are made to walk through the halls with their arms crossed and their heads down - it's called 'zipped and flipped'. There seems to be a lot of focus on teaching to the test. There is no afterschool care and no enrichment programs offered.

Ridgeview Elementary School
3903 West Ridgeview Dr, Peoria, IL  61615
Last modified Ridgeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.