Posted August 17, 2015
In spite of the adequate academic standards, the social environment was absolutely horrid. Bullying is a rampant problem, and when one would report any occurrences to a teacher, they would promise to do something about it. However, the teacher in question did nothing about it the majority of the time. Additionally, the teachers and administration members tend to handle situations very poorly. For example, when I was in 7th Grade, one student was misbehaving at the lunch table. Meanwhile, some of those at his table began chanting "Write up, write up!" Instead of punishing those who were specifically involved, the ENTIRE GRADE was forced into a state of detention during half of lunch. When I informed one of the administrators that my friends and I were not involved, she responded "Well, you are guilty by association with them." That move was rather unfair and uncalled for. After all, punishing everyone based on association is considered collective punishment, which is a violation of the Geneva Conference. Also, the administration is unable to handle the treasury of the school. For example, a rather opulent family donated 1 million dollars for the management of the school. One year later, the school was back in a state of financial insolvency. In all seriousness, the social environment is outright toxic and horrifyingly unfriendly, the teachers have no back bone due to their inability to stop the rampant bullying in the school, and the administration is absolutely incompetent for their inability to maintain an adequate monetary state. I do not recommend Peoria Academy to anyone at all!

Posted August 12, 2015
Though the education at Peoria Academy is decent, the overall environment is atrocious. Ever since I started going there the teachers and coaches have been rather inexperienced and have no idea how to deal with their students. While the students are rather mean and bullying is a huge problem, the teachers do nothing about it. When talking about your concerns to a teacher and they guarantee it will be fixed, nothing happens to the bully. Many times they even punish the victim. The new Spingboard and Lab Learner programs aren't anything special; frankly they're just textbooks and labs that we had to get to keep up with other local schools' supposed amazing new programs. Springboard and LabLearner have many errors and typos and teach you little to nothing on their own. Whether those programs are nationally recognized or not, that doesn't change the awful quality of the education from them. Peoria Academy doesn't even have hot lunches anymore; we have terrible low quality bagged lunches. With mean students, inexperienced staff, and bad programs, I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Peoria Academy 3

Posted April 29, 2015
Good concept. Small class size. Unfortunately too many experienced teacher were cut for cost reduction. Cheaper teachers are inexperienced and don't offer the same level of instruction.

Posted November 20, 2014
Peoria academy is a very nice school and advanced but not too much and all the teachers are really nice. I actually enjoy going to school. To the student that keeps writing bad reviews, have you heard the middle school motto "If you can't be kind be quiet?" Everybody on here knows you hate PA and you don't need to keep posting to bring everything down!!

Posted October 09, 2014
The teachers at this school will try have meeting with you if you get a c or below. They will try to send your for disability programs. The principal may act nice at this school, but will suspend you if you are getting bad grades. I am frustrated with this schcool and I have made decision to write this review to tell to other parents that they will try to put down you child. They do not help you and this the worst school I have ever been to. I do not recommend this school.

Posted January 12, 2014
Peoria Academy is a great school, the best in the Peoria area. There are a lot of negative reviews on this site, that must be taking with a grain of salt. As with any review site, letting people leave as many reviews as they would like without identifying themselves, one person can try to manipulate the reviews. Nearly, if not all, negative reviews written in 2013 were written by one student, and if you read them closely you can tell it is an immature teenager. The school went under new leadership in 2012 and is much more stable with a great group of teachers that work well together. The school went out and found some nationally recognized programs to help supplement its already advanced curriculum. They have Singapore math, Lab Learner, PLTW, Lexia, Math Buddies and a few others I can not recall. The tuition is reasonable, and one if the only problems I see us that the school tries to be like a school that charges 20,000+ while Peoria Academy's tuition is less than half that. That would be my only complaint is that to many parent expect the school to rival an elite east coast school, but do not want to spend any money.

Posted November 12, 2013
Hi everyone! This is my first year at Peoria Academy (as an 8th grader) and I LOVE PA! It is the best thing in my life. You can't beat the curriculum (tends to be 2 to 3 grades above normal public schools) and the social life there is GREAT! I would like to ask people to ignore the reviews on October 23rd and September 7th- they were all made by a friend that was supposedly bullied, but no one else has ever seemed to feel that way. Ask almost every PA student, and they'll say "I love it here!" It's an Eco-school which makes it better for asthmatics, and it's filled with natural sunlight. An advanced curriculum, amazing teachers, and a culturally diverse community is the thriving environment of Peoria academy. If you aren't financially able to send your kids, they offer almost full scholarships- no special qualities needed. If at all possible, SEND YOUR KIDS TO PA! It will Be the BEST decision you ever make. Come and visit!

Posted October 29, 2013
Our son entered PA in 3rd grade after falling behind in a former private school. We were worried about whether he could keep pace, let alone excel in an accelerated academic environment. He is now in 6th grade and reading at 10th grade levels and testing in 8th grade for Mathematics. He boasts about his friends, teachers and experiences at Peoria Academy. We could not be more pleased. This school is more than we could have ever hoped for in academics, extra-curricular activities and cultural diversity. We love it.

Posted August 26, 2013
We have been going to this school for three years and our child is flourishing!

Posted August 18, 2013
We have been very pleased with our experiences at PA over the past years. We are particularly impressed by the principal and his thoughtful approach to creating an active learning environment. We are equally impressed by the supportive community of families and teachers. Our children have done very well and absolutely love going to school. Others have commented on the strength of the science and math curriculum. I would add that it is lovely to walk into school and see an art studio space and to be able to visit the school veggie garden. It is nice to be in a place where education isn't viewed primarily as a series of standardized tests.

Peoria Academy