Peoria, IL

Posted November 20, 2014
Peoria academy is a very nice school and advanced but not too much and all the teachers are really nice. I actually enjoy going to school. To the student that keeps writing bad reviews, have you heard the middle school motto "If you can't be kind be quiet?" Everybody on here knows you hate PA and you don't need to keep posting to bring everything down!!

Peoria Academy 1

Posted March 17, 2014
I am disappointed in stating that my experience at Peoria Academy was a rather dreadful endeavor. While I concur that the curricular aspects of this institution are adequate, I had witnessed and underwent the folly of the social environment. Ever since the initiation of my education at the school, I had faced numerous instances of bullying. Throughout my time in the primary grades, the severity of it was to a minor degree. However, as I progressed into the middle school, everything changed. I was degraded for my rather slim physical size, my lack of athletic ability, and even my own political views. After attempting to communicate with the teachers and staff, I was promised that my struggles would be halted before their severity increased. However, no alteration in the behavior of said bullies occurred, and I remained in such a pattern of being bullied and addressing the issues for the rest of my presence in the school. Since then, I have moved out of the state, and in all honesty, I am pleased to be gone. If you wish to send your children here, you may take your chances. However, be prepared to face possible social struggles as I did at Peoria Academy.

Posted January 12, 2014
Peoria Academy is a great school, the best in the Peoria area. There are a lot of negative reviews on this site, that must be taking with a grain of salt. As with any review site, letting people leave as many reviews as they would like without identifying themselves, one person can try to manipulate the reviews. Nearly, if not all, negative reviews written in 2013 were written by one student, and if you read them closely you can tell it is an immature teenager. The school went under new leadership in 2012 and is much more stable with a great group of teachers that work well together. The school went out and found some nationally recognized programs to help supplement its already advanced curriculum. They have Singapore math, Lab Learner, PLTW, Lexia, Math Buddies and a few others I can not recall. The tuition is reasonable, and one if the only problems I see us that the school tries to be like a school that charges 20,000+ while Peoria Academy's tuition is less than half that. That would be my only complaint is that to many parent expect the school to rival an elite east coast school, but do not want to spend any money.

Posted November 12, 2013
Hi everyone! This is my first year at Peoria Academy (as an 8th grader) and I LOVE PA! It is the best thing in my life. You can't beat the curriculum (tends to be 2 to 3 grades above normal public schools) and the social life there is GREAT! I would like to ask people to ignore the reviews on October 23rd and September 7th- they were all made by a friend that was supposedly bullied, but no one else has ever seemed to feel that way. Ask almost every PA student, and they'll say "I love it here!" It's an Eco-school which makes it better for asthmatics, and it's filled with natural sunlight. An advanced curriculum, amazing teachers, and a culturally diverse community is the thriving environment of Peoria academy. If you aren't financially able to send your kids, they offer almost full scholarships- no special qualities needed. If at all possible, SEND YOUR KIDS TO PA! It will Be the BEST decision you ever make. Come and visit!

Posted October 29, 2013
Our son entered PA in 3rd grade after falling behind in a former private school. We were worried about whether he could keep pace, let alone excel in an accelerated academic environment. He is now in 6th grade and reading at 10th grade levels and testing in 8th grade for Mathematics. He boasts about his friends, teachers and experiences at Peoria Academy. We could not be more pleased. This school is more than we could have ever hoped for in academics, extra-curricular activities and cultural diversity. We love it.

Posted August 26, 2013
We have been going to this school for three years and our child is flourishing!

Posted August 18, 2013
We have been very pleased with our experiences at PA over the past years. We are particularly impressed by the principal and his thoughtful approach to creating an active learning environment. We are equally impressed by the supportive community of families and teachers. Our children have done very well and absolutely love going to school. Others have commented on the strength of the science and math curriculum. I would add that it is lovely to walk into school and see an art studio space and to be able to visit the school veggie garden. It is nice to be in a place where education isn't viewed primarily as a series of standardized tests.

Posted July 30, 2013
With the advent of Singapore math, the new integrated science program and the focus on STEM, all in the upcoming 2013-2014 academic year, this school will continue to outpace Dunlap and Washington Gifted in providing a superior education. We have been there for five years and actively compared our friends children's experiences in other schools, including the parochials, and for us, it is the best our kids can get living in the Peoria area. The head of school is excellent, and continues to upgrade the faculty and provide ongoing training and support for them. The facility is in good shape, and the school is not trying to be everything to everybody. For the cost, an incredible bargain. Look at the alumni from here and what many of them are achieving. They are prized students at every school they matriculate to, and excel in IB and AP programs.

Peoria Academy 4

Posted March 26, 2013
PA is a wonderful school. My son has been at PA since 6th grade. It is wonderful because it provides a learning environment for different learning styles. The teachers truly care about the students and are willing to help the students. It is the only school I have seen where teachers stay until 5pm helping students if necessary. They are preparing students for high school and beyond by focusing not only on the basics but STEM courses also. You can"t go wrong with PA.

Posted February 21, 2013
Peoria Academy is the only school in the area excelling in the STEM courses. Their Science, Technology, Engineering and Math programs are producing students ready for an accelerated path to the corporate world. I am so impressed with their flexible grouping curriculum that allows this process to occur. Way to go Peoria Academy

Peoria Academy