Public charter
Pingree Grove, IL

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 20, 2015
The drive to do what you want despite the fact that you are hurting others is definitely taught.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 20, 2015
You cant develop respect when your teacher is disrespectful of those around them. Having a relationship with someone who is already married that you start while you are married is disrespectful.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 20, 2015
You cant have integrity if your teachers are breaking up families and hit on married men

Posted August 14, 2015
There are many problems that this school tries to hide and many programs are for show but don't add value to the school or the community. D300 was just voted within the top 50 school districts in Illinois. Cambridge Lakes is outside of that, as it is a charter school. Most parents who send their kids here are assigned to a lower standard school in the district.

Posted June 18, 2015
My daughter went to Cambridge Lakes for 7th and 8th grade. She loves the school, the way of teaching, and the friendly staff that always wants the best for the students. She is now in high school and misses Cambridge so much. She even hoped she would've gone to Cambridge since Kindergarten! She received outstanding education and motivation that she is still carrying throughout her high school years. I couldn't have been happier about the decision to enroll my daughter in Cambridge Lakes Charter School.

Posted March 09, 2015
Dedicated teachers with great ideas and open communication. High teacher/lower staff turnover. A lot of politics the higher you communicate. Some staff don't interact with parents well and should not be allowed to.

Posted February 19, 2015
I couldn't be happier with the dedication from teachers and social workers at Cambridge Lakes.

Posted August 27, 2014
The curriculum at this school is of a higher caliber and we continuously see our kids succeed and excel. We have 2 young kids attending this school for 4 years now and they both are testing above average numbers in all subjects and they are way above average in math and reading. We are involved in our kids education and we dedicate time everyday helping our kids with their homework and if they don't have any then we find homework for them to advance them further. We also have them read books to us every night and we read more difficult books to them. This school is great for our kids and they enjoy being there. I see many complaints about communication and I disagree. In my experience we have been informed of all activities and assignments by the teachers. There have been times that I learned of an activity late but it was my problem because I tried to read the email at work and then I moved on without ever reading it. So, communication is fine... you just have to keep up with all the emails and assignments posted on their homework site. In short, we highly recommend this school. It's working for our kids and we will continue with this school at least thru 6th grade.

Cambridge Lake Charter School 2

Posted August 22, 2014
We had our daughter in this school for the past three years and this year moved her to another school. First the positive - There is a greater emphasis on academics and the standard of education is quite high. The negatives are poor infrastructure, high teacher turnover, lack of communications and haphazard running of programs. For us finally the negatives outweighed the positives and we moved our child to the public school nearby. We now feel she is in a more nourishing environment that will be better for her overall development compared to cambridge lakes.

Posted July 27, 2014
Walk away. The problem is at the top Larry, until he is replaced you will continue to have a high turnover in teachers. This school was the biggest mistake I made. The teachers themselves have told me he fixed the numbers to try to show improvement.

900 Wester Boulevard, Pingree Grove, IL  60140
Last modified Cambridge Lake Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8
Cambridge Lake Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top