Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My son had previously attended K-2 in his assigned public school which performed very poorly. I feel blessed that a friend told me about CLCS and my ability to send my son there. Immediately my sons grades, test scores, behavior and confidence improved 10 fold. The communication from the teachers is DAILY. My youngest child now also attends CLCS and is in 1st grade. We couldn't be happier with our decision to transfer to CLCS.

My daughter is in her first year here and we absolutely love it! Her teacher is amazing, the principal is very involved and the staff is so warm and caring. My daughter has learned so much in such a short period of time! Her teacher has inspired her love of learning and for that I am eternally grateful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are amazing!! They go above and beyond every day and develop real relationships with their students.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

You cant have integrity if your teachers are breaking up families and hit on married men

There are many problems that this school tries to hide and many programs are for show but don't add value to the school or the community. D300 was just voted within the top 50 school districts in Illinois. Cambridge Lakes is outside of that, as it is a charter school. Most parents who send their kids here are assigned to a lower standard school in the district.

My daughter went to Cambridge Lakes for 7th and 8th grade. She loves the school, the way of teaching, and the friendly staff that always wants the best for the students. She is now in high school and misses Cambridge so much. She even hoped she would've gone to Cambridge since Kindergarten! She received outstanding education and motivation that she is still carrying throughout her high school years. I couldn't have been happier about the decision to enroll my daughter in Cambridge Lakes Charter School.

Dedicated teachers with great ideas and open communication. High teacher/lower staff turnover. A lot of politics the higher you communicate. Some staff don't interact with parents well and should not be allowed to.

I couldn't be happier with the dedication from teachers and social workers at Cambridge Lakes.

The curriculum at this school is of a higher caliber and we continuously see our kids succeed and excel. We have 2 young kids attending this school for 4 years now and they both are testing above average numbers in all subjects and they are way above average in math and reading. We are involved in our kids education and we dedicate time everyday helping our kids with their homework and if they don't have any then we find homework for them to advance them further. We also have them read books to us every night and we read more difficult books to them. This school is great for our kids and they enjoy being there. I see many complaints about communication and I disagree. In my experience we have been informed of all activities and assignments by the teachers. There have been times that I learned of an activity late but it was my problem because I tried to read the email at work and then I moved on without ever reading it. So, communication is fine... you just have to keep up with all the emails and assignments posted on their homework site. In short, we highly recommend this school. It's working for our kids and we will continue with this school at least thru 6th grade.

We had our daughter in this school for the past three years and this year moved her to another school. First the positive - There is a greater emphasis on academics and the standard of education is quite high. The negatives are poor infrastructure, high teacher turnover, lack of communications and haphazard running of programs. For us finally the negatives outweighed the positives and we moved our child to the public school nearby. We now feel she is in a more nourishing environment that will be better for her overall development compared to cambridge lakes.

Last modified Cambridge Lake Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12