Public charter
Pingree Grove, IL

Posted August 27, 2014
The curriculum at this school is of a higher caliber and we continuously see our kids succeed and excel. We have 2 young kids attending this school for 4 years now and they both are testing above average numbers in all subjects and they are way above average in math and reading. We are involved in our kids education and we dedicate time everyday helping our kids with their homework and if they don't have any then we find homework for them to advance them further. We also have them read books to us every night and we read more difficult books to them. This school is great for our kids and they enjoy being there. I see many complaints about communication and I disagree. In my experience we have been informed of all activities and assignments by the teachers. There have been times that I learned of an activity late but it was my problem because I tried to read the email at work and then I moved on without ever reading it. So, communication is fine... you just have to keep up with all the emails and assignments posted on their homework site. In short, we highly recommend this school. It's working for our kids and we will continue with this school at least thru 6th grade.

Cambridge Lake Charter School 2

Posted August 22, 2014
We had our daughter in this school for the past three years and this year moved her to another school. First the positive - There is a greater emphasis on academics and the standard of education is quite high. The negatives are poor infrastructure, high teacher turnover, lack of communications and haphazard running of programs. For us finally the negatives outweighed the positives and we moved our child to the public school nearby. We now feel she is in a more nourishing environment that will be better for her overall development compared to cambridge lakes.

Cambridge Lake Charter School 1

Posted July 27, 2014
Walk away. The problem is at the top Larry, until he is replaced you will continue to have a high turnover in teachers. This school was the biggest mistake I made. The teachers themselves have told me he fixed the numbers to try to show improvement.

Cambridge Lake Charter School 4

Posted July 17, 2014
Wow have you met new principal Dr. Hussain she is amazing and returns emails, phone calls, and schedules parent conferences in a minutes notice. I informed her in an email of my child's health concern and before the end of the day she had scheduled a meeting with myself, my child, the nurse and herself! Now that is someone who is in touch with the community!! My family feels valued.

Posted June 29, 2014
CLLC is amazing. My son attended the preschool program for 2 years and just completed kindergarten. I don't know what these other parents are talking about in terms of communication- my son's teachers have ALL been very responsive to emails, and send email updates daily or weekly. In K my son did much more advanced material than my niece, who was in 2nd grade in the reputable district 301. His desire to learn reflect that teachers are teaching him the RIGHT way (not teaching TO THE TESTS) and his test results demonstrate that he is getting all of the information most other kids his age get in school. My biggest complaint is that the kids don't come home with textbooks, so it was more difficult to monitor what my child was learning about in school. This isn't as big of a deal in Kindergarten, but as children get older it's important to me that we are able to monitor his learning for any bias. However, I don't know how the older classrooms handle textbooks, etc. The only way I will ever leave CLLC is if, for some reason, we move out of state. Otherwise, I am staying right here so my younger children can attend this school.

Posted February 25, 2014
This is our first year @ Cambridge Lakes. My daughter is in all day kindergarten. I have to say we are very happy w/the schools curriculum. She is taking Spanish, Tech, Art, and has gym 2 days a week. There are only 15 students in her class w/a max of 18 students in a class room. Her teacher is wonderful. We get an update email at least once a week and if there is a special event she even send pics! The security at the school also gives me peace of mind. You need a electronic key to get into her class room! Before the school year stared she went to a 2 week readiness camp to make sure she was ready for a full day!

Cambridge Lake Charter School 1

Posted January 19, 2014
Poor communication. I live in this community and I prefer to drive my children to the public school which is 15 minutes away. Unprofessional environment . This school is used as a babysitting facility, free full time kindergarten. My children had no locker, no desk to put supplies in, no gym to play. My daughter was falling behind in math. Most teachers don't care. They have no funds to build or hire experienced teachers. The bathrooms are dirty , the children had to clean tables in order for them to eat...the list goes on.

Posted November 06, 2013
We are 1st time parents who enrolled our daughter in the Kindergarden program and will be enrolling our 2nd child next school year. Every school has it's pluses and minuses. The pluses at CLCS far outweigh the minuses especially when you compare it to the public system. The kids are physically in school more days and for longer hours. CLCS is great if you are willing to go the extra mile with your kids. The teachers work with the parents and the kids LOVE going to school because they know mom and dad are active in their education . If you are not willing to work with your child every night on something that they are working on at school, this is not the program with you. If you have a passion for education and are looking for something "out of the box" CLCS is awesome. The curriculum is challenging, the kids learn something new everyday and subjects easily crossover into other areas of the day. The kids get gym, art, music, as well as various after school programs that enrich the curriculum being taught. I see what others are doing in other schools, and CLCS is way ahead of the game. We love CLCS and will keep supporting it as it strives to get better each year!

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughter loves the school.I love the learning process and we see how much she improved an how excited she goes to school every day. The teachers are amazing and they do their best to teach those kids.

Cambridge Lake Charter School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
My son has been attending CLCS since K and is now in 5th grade. We are happy with the academics. But each parent has a difference perspective on situations. Communication has been excellent with the school. You can always come to the school and talk the principle or to the business office, If your kid is important a visit is rather better then an e-mail. The institution is school & business & teachers aren't union, but with public school issues & goverment background on managing schools, this not a bad thing. I rather have teachers stayed in the school becase of their performace and not becasue of unions. If it is managed as a business you want the brighter individuals to be sucessful, & your product to be superior, in this case our kids. Parents can volunteer in many ways if their schedules and time allows, and as for school not waniting to hear what parents have to say? I am not sure that is completely accurate, because everytime I see something at school that I have an opinion on, all I have to do is go in to the school and talk directly with the respective school principle or to the main business office.

Cambridge Lake Charter School
900 Wester Boulevard, Pingree Grove, IL  60140
Last modified Cambridge Lake Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8
Cambridge Lake Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top