Plainfield, IL

Posted June 20, 2013
My family loves St. Mary Immaculate. My cousins kids all loved it, my nephews attend it currently with my two kids. We have had no complaints about any aspect. Sending our kids here is a struggle for us but feel it's the best thing we can do for them. I only hope I will be able to help out at the school more in the coming years.

Posted June 07, 2013
We've been very happy with this school and will be sending our second child there next year. To address the negative reviews - the fundraising is absolutely necessary due to the fact that this is not a public school. The parish drops a hefty sum of money to keep the school running in addition to the tuition collected. There's also the problem of families not paying on time or not paying at all. I feel that the level of education my child has received has been far and away better than what she would have received from the public schools in Plainfield. Just reading the reviews of those schools will tell you that. Is it easy? No. There's some work involved vs. just sending your kids to public school and never needing to interact with the school yourself. But, in my mind, it's absolutely worth it. A child's educational foundation is everything.

Posted March 12, 2013
Excellent education. Caring and dedicated teachers. Focused on children and growing them educationally, religiously and community-centric.

Posted November 03, 2012
My children have been attending SMI for a few years and they love it. I love the teachers, principal and vice principal. I like that everyone is involved in the kids education including the parents.Sometimes it may feel like alot of work but the outcome has been great. It's a team effort.

Posted July 08, 2011
Loved St. Mary Immaculate School. We only were with you two years but were very happy with the school. Our family moved to Florida thats the only reason for leaving. This school has such nice families. They welcome you with open arms. You were like family and we will miss you. The Little's

St Mary Immaculate Parish School 4

Posted March 21, 2011
I love this school as I have been at this school since kindergarden. The principal and vice principal are very nice but firm. They are the best leadership that I have seen the whole time I was here, and there has been at least five different principals/vice principals in the time that I was here. As in any school, there is a teacher or two that is not the nicest and shows a bit of favoritism. My parents do not volunteer as much as some and I feel that I am treated the same as any other student in the school. The teachers are understanding and are willing to stay after school to help us study or to go over a lesson that we do not get. The grade school teachers are the nicest teachers I have met and if I am walking through the hall they still say "Hi how are you?" It is a very family based atmosphere at this school. The math class is split into three groups based on skill so that you can work at your own pace. The only thing at this school that is not up to par is the resource program. Until my family threatened to leave did they begin to pay attention to this program.

St Mary Immaculate Parish School 4

Posted July 18, 2010
SMI is a very good environment for children. The educational standards exceed the local school districts...except at the special needs level. Children receive an excellent foundation in education and Christian values. There will always be teacher's pets at every school...it's human nature. Regarding tuition and fees...they are on par with other private schools and receive no funding per child from the state so all costs must be covered by the parents an/or parish...nothing unusual. A lot of families work very hard for free to provide numerous additional activities and experiences for the children.

Posted April 29, 2010
Decent class sizes, teachers that are truly dedicated to teaching and who love to do it!

Posted April 28, 2010
The new principal this year is very enthusiastic about the school and the children. It is a pleasure to see someone who is involved and wants to see the children succeed. The asst. principal is involved and has done a great job keeping parents up to date using green methods (website). The teachers are dedicated. The kids seem to enjoy their experience. I am pleased to see that my daughter is experiencing horizontal learning so not only is she studying what her class is but additional studies are given to her to keep her mind active. Well done! I am quite pleased about sending my child to the school!

St Mary Immaculate Parish School 2

Posted May 21, 2009
All this school cares about is the money. Everything that you don't do, you must pay for. If you don't sell all your raffel tickets, you pay! It's ridiculous. Also, since I am a student, I feel that the Junior High there is very hard and more like a competition. There are fights (not like fist fights) between friends a lot and it is kind of clique-y. Also, it doesn't offer as many extracurriculers as I would like it to.

St Mary Immaculate Parish School
15629 Route 59, Plainfield, IL  60544
Last modified St Mary Immaculate Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary Immaculate Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top