PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is just right! There have been some glitches with the new computers but the principal addressed it and we know it takes a bit of time to work these things through when implementing a new program. The new 1:1 initiative is pretty neat! I love Google Classroom.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My child's homeroom teacher is outstanding, caring and works very hard! This has been a comfort.

Excellent school. My kids are receiving an great education at St. Mary Immaculate. I would highly recommend this school.

My family loves St. Mary Immaculate. My cousins kids all loved it, my nephews attend it currently with my two kids. We have had no complaints about any aspect. Sending our kids here is a struggle for us but feel it's the best thing we can do for them. I only hope I will be able to help out at the school more in the coming years.

We've been very happy with this school and will be sending our second child there next year. To address the negative reviews - the fundraising is absolutely necessary due to the fact that this is not a public school. The parish drops a hefty sum of money to keep the school running in addition to the tuition collected. There's also the problem of families not paying on time or not paying at all. I feel that the level of education my child has received has been far and away better than what she would have received from the public schools in Plainfield. Just reading the reviews of those schools will tell you that. Is it easy? No. There's some work involved vs. just sending your kids to public school and never needing to interact with the school yourself. But, in my mind, it's absolutely worth it. A child's educational foundation is everything.

Excellent education. Caring and dedicated teachers. Focused on children and growing them educationally, religiously and community-centric.

My children have been attending SMI for a few years and they love it. I love the teachers, principal and vice principal. I like that everyone is involved in the kids education including the parents.Sometimes it may feel like alot of work but the outcome has been great. It's a team effort.

Loved St. Mary Immaculate School. We only were with you two years but were very happy with the school. Our family moved to Florida thats the only reason for leaving. This school has such nice families. They welcome you with open arms. You were like family and we will miss you. The Little's

I love this school as I have been at this school since kindergarden. The principal and vice principal are very nice but firm. They are the best leadership that I have seen the whole time I was here, and there has been at least five different principals/vice principals in the time that I was here. As in any school, there is a teacher or two that is not the nicest and shows a bit of favoritism. My parents do not volunteer as much as some and I feel that I am treated the same as any other student in the school. The teachers are understanding and are willing to stay after school to help us study or to go over a lesson that we do not get. The grade school teachers are the nicest teachers I have met and if I am walking through the hall they still say "Hi how are you?" It is a very family based atmosphere at this school. The math class is split into three groups based on skill so that you can work at your own pace. The only thing at this school that is not up to par is the resource program. Until my family threatened to leave did they begin to pay attention to this program.

SMI is a very good environment for children. The educational standards exceed the local school districts...except at the special needs level. Children receive an excellent foundation in education and Christian values. There will always be teacher's pets at every school...it's human nature. Regarding tuition and fees...they are on par with other private schools and receive no funding per child from the state so all costs must be covered by the parents an/or parish...nothing unusual. A lot of families work very hard for free to provide numerous additional activities and experiences for the children.

Last modified St Mary Immaculate Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8