River View Elementary School 1

Posted October 14, 2011
This school has done nothing but go down hill in the past 4 years. What was once a great school is now mediocre at best. For the most part the teachers are great, but there are at least a couple in each grade that don't belong in that grade level, teachers that just don't care . This is largely in part to the principal and vice principals laissez faire attitude toward their staff. They are never in the classrooms and just as rarely seen in the hallways. Good luck trying to get a hold of the principal or finding him in his office, he is rarely there, and rarely in the building except for first and last bell. I can not even begin to speculate where his time is spent, but we are surely paying for it. This school is on the Joliet border and needs to start taking a queue from the good principals over there. Trim dead weight, make administration proactive rather than reactive, and do something to help save your district in these troubling times. This school is the antithesis of that. It's such a shame that this once great school has succumbed to poor leadership, and dead weight teachers. If I were forced to live in this school's district I would pay to have my children sent elsewhere.

Posted May 26, 2009
I have had my children in this school since it opened its doors. I have had a mix of feelings about this school, but once you manage to get past the cliquish parents, and get to know the staff, you will be very pleased. Nothing has happened over night here, it has developed in time. At first the people who bought homes that were going up as the school opened felt in some way that since it was in their new back yards, that somehow they were entitled to special treatment. With the new principal, they got over that...fortunately. If you have a special needs student the staff works dilligently to try and accomodate your childs every need. I have to give this school a five, in the early years it was a 2...trust me. But with great leadership, they are getting there...hope this helped you!

Posted March 10, 2009

Posted January 24, 2009
This school is great. I have had at least one child here for the past 8 years. It has gone thru some great improvements in the past two years. Starting with the principal. The teachers and staff are happier which cascades down to the kids. Happy kids want to learn. Go River View!

River View Elementary School 0

Posted September 22, 2008
This is not the best school in the Plainfield school district. There are no communications within the school. I think its past time we stop getting calls for whats going on at the other elementary schools yet again reminding us there is no sense of community at this particular school

River View Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2007

Posted May 09, 2007
We have had 7 wonderful years at River View. Both of my children have excelled here. The before/after school childcare (offered through the YMCA) was extremely helpful when our schedules changed. Our children have participated in after school activities such as girls scouts, mad science, art lab and soccer at the school. The family gatherings it offers allows the working parent to be more involved with their student. Both of my children have been/are in the gifted program and I think it is wonderful that they offer more challenging work to students to keep them focused. While we were quite fond of the previous principal, Mrs. Duchane, we cannot say that for the current Dr. Anderson. This is her last year with River View, so we will see what next year brings. Since 1999, we have had children at this school and could not be more happy with the staff. Kudos!

Posted November 10, 2006

River View Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2006
This school fine. I have only one issue, they provide no early childcare for parents that have to work. The late starting time is really difficult and considering my child only needs to be in childcare for an hour before starting time, I don't want to pay a lot of money for daycare. Early morning onsite care would be great for 1st thru 5th grade.

Posted July 19, 2006
We love River View and Mrs Matas and Mr Anderson. We relocated from out of state last year and our children loved this school. Our son was in 1st grade and he was very advanced in reading. His teacher saw that and gave him the encouragement to excel even more. Our daughter received straight A's, just like in her old school. We were very happy with River View and had not problems at all adjusting.

River View Elementary School
2097 Bronk Road, Plainfield, IL  60586
Last modified River View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top