Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I always ask teachers at the beginning of the year what type of homework they will be giving and some have given a good amount while others not so much. I understand the amount of work it takes to grade homework that is not always done by the student. So my daughter's have always known that I give Mommy homework on what I think they need to work on. I cannot force someone to give homework. My daughter's have done well with my method.

This is my second child in this school and both of them are having a great time. There have always been issues on the bus. But they happen only now and again. My second daughter has a great speech therapist and great teachers so far. My first daughter loved all her teachers and the school spirit was so much better years ago. I go to functions that are fairly well attended. Any issues that come up are handled right away but I am a persistent person so I always am heard.

We move to Dallas and we miss this school so much! it was the BEST!!! My daughter was there from kinder to 3rd grade and all the teacher and the speech therapist were simply amazing! They were always on top of things and the parent involvement was great! The reading program after school was incredible! I really miss it and my daughter more. Thank you Ridge, you are the best!

The teachers we've had get involved with the development of the students as a whole, not just academically. The principal and all staff members have been nothing but very helpful to us.

I would suggest that parents take a proactive approach to investigating the quality of the school by speaking with the Administration and the Superintendent directly. In addition, reviewing test scores, and looking at student /teacher ratios, and determining how many teachers have a degree higher than a BS or BA should be a better indication as to the quality of the school. L these reviews are bias as there are always two slides of the story. There is no such thing as a perfect school, there will always be some type of negative review, and we should do a full investigation before making a final judgment on a school.

Terrible terrible school. The principle and vice principle are almost useless. My son was bullied everyday, I kept telling them about it and they asurred me they were taking care of it but they didn't it continued to the point I took all 3 kids out of school and home schooled them. I am so glad I moved from that area, Now my kids are back in school and very happy. They didn't even recognize that my son was dyslexic. Unless the school has changed since 2007 I wouldn't send my kid there, and from the comments I am reading it don't sound good

All three of my children have gone here to school. We have had a great experience. The teachers really care about the children and the administration seems to be doing an excellent job.

All of my kids have gone to Ridge. Overall, I am very happy with the school. I do wish the parents would get more involved.

I was skeptical about Ridge when my kids first went there. I don't think the changeover went as smoothly as it could have with the kids redistricted to Ridge from Wesmere. However, with two schools plus the District involved, you can't be sure where the problem was. Ridge has turned out to be great. We love the teachers and have no compliants about the administration. The new district-wide curriculum for differentied is fantastic! One of my kids is 504 (physical disability not requiring an Individual Education Plan/IEP) and from the teachers on down they have been wonderful about things.

I am not very impressed with the school's aministration. 2 of my girls went to this schools, one of them had academic problems, and they labeled her as potentially having ADD and other developmental problems. After trying to work through the system, meeting after meeting, my daughter moved on to middle school and nothing was ever fixed. They wanted me to place my daughter in special education, however every time I asked them to provide feedback about her progress they never did. I had to call the school, send emails. When we would meet with all of her teachers, they all seem to have conflicting reports. Last year one of my daughters brought home a math assigment with a great big star, and at first I thought it was great, but as I further looked at the assignment I noticed that it was not only very sloppy the answers ....

Last modified Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.