Bad
Good

Posted October 29, 2014
We move to Dallas and we miss this school so much! it was the BEST!!! My daughter was there from kinder to 3rd grade and all the teacher and the speech therapist were simply amazing! They were always on top of things and the parent involvement was great! The reading program after school was incredible! I really miss it and my daughter more. Thank you Ridge, you are the best!

Posted August 30, 2014
The teachers we've had get involved with the development of the students as a whole, not just academically. The principal and all staff members have been nothing but very helpful to us.

Posted March 04, 2014
I would suggest that parents take a proactive approach to investigating the quality of the school by speaking with the Administration and the Superintendent directly. In addition, reviewing test scores, and looking at student /teacher ratios, and determining how many teachers have a degree higher than a BS or BA should be a better indication as to the quality of the school. L these reviews are bias as there are always two slides of the story. There is no such thing as a perfect school, there will always be some type of negative review, and we should do a full investigation before making a final judgment on a school.

Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2014
Terrible terrible school. The principle and vice principle are almost useless. My son was bullied everyday, I kept telling them about it and they asurred me they were taking care of it but they didn't it continued to the point I took all 3 kids out of school and home schooled them. I am so glad I moved from that area, Now my kids are back in school and very happy. They didn't even recognize that my son was dyslexic. Unless the school has changed since 2007 I wouldn't send my kid there, and from the comments I am reading it don't sound good

Posted January 24, 2012
All three of my children have gone here to school. We have had a great experience. The teachers really care about the children and the administration seems to be doing an excellent job.

Posted September 28, 2010
All of my kids have gone to Ridge. Overall, I am very happy with the school. I do wish the parents would get more involved.

Posted September 03, 2009
I was skeptical about Ridge when my kids first went there. I don't think the changeover went as smoothly as it could have with the kids redistricted to Ridge from Wesmere. However, with two schools plus the District involved, you can't be sure where the problem was. Ridge has turned out to be great. We love the teachers and have no compliants about the administration. The new district-wide curriculum for differentied is fantastic! One of my kids is 504 (physical disability not requiring an Individual Education Plan/IEP) and from the teachers on down they have been wonderful about things.

Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted November 18, 2008
I am not very impressed with the school's aministration. 2 of my girls went to this schools, one of them had academic problems, and they labeled her as potentially having ADD and other developmental problems. After trying to work through the system, meeting after meeting, my daughter moved on to middle school and nothing was ever fixed. They wanted me to place my daughter in special education, however every time I asked them to provide feedback about her progress they never did. I had to call the school, send emails. When we would meet with all of her teachers, they all seem to have conflicting reports. Last year one of my daughters brought home a math assigment with a great big star, and at first I thought it was great, but as I further looked at the assignment I noticed that it was not only very sloppy the answers ....

Posted October 19, 2008
My children have attended Ridge since Fall 2004 and I could not be happier. The Principal and teachers go above and beyond to make sure that every student is learning and every day is safe. The whole school started using a team building cooperative learning system that has been proven to increase learning and decrease behavior problems. The Principal is involved and actively trying to improve the school in every way possible. We had some issues in second grade, but I felt my issues were acknowledged and my younger daughter will not have to repeat the lack of learning my older daughter had in that year. Unfortunately not enough parents are involved in PTO. Another small negative is that I wish they would push the kids more in the younger grades.

Posted September 30, 2008
My daughter has been at Ridge for 2 years. As with any school there are good things and bad at Ridge. They have a great 'advanced' teacher in Mrs. Reader, and a great library staff. There are definitly things that need to be inproved, like the vice principal sometimes acts a bit too goofy, personally I think that she should be a forward thinking positive roll model, not a clown, playing one on dress up days. The school spirit is lacking in this school vs. other schools in the area, but maybe they just don't know that being seen that way. Again just my opinion.

Ridge Elementary School
1900 Caton Ridge Dr, Plainfield, IL  60586
Last modified Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.