Posted August 25, 2014
The school is great. My daughter loves her teacher and the school and we have had no problems whatsoever. She's getting a great education.

Freedom Elementary School 3

Posted November 18, 2013
Overall it's a good school. Classroom size is about 24 children. Art, music and P.E are offered along with a great media center. Office staff is also great. What I don't like is that in the last three years we've had three new principals. Also, in four years I've had two fantastic teachers and two not so great.School seems to have alot of younger teachers that are new to education. They also switch teachers around alot between the grade levels. Communication is good. Connect Ed calls and fundraising is out of hand.

Posted September 08, 2012
I have two children at this school and will be sending another in a few years. My eldest will have gone through all grade levels this upcoming school year. I was frustrated during first few years, however, I have noticed improvement year over year and believe this school is on the brink of greatness. One that can stack up against any in the state. The teachers care and utilize the latest technology tools and methods. All of the teachers my children have had have been solid, some spectacular. I have noticed that the kids in this area are really well behaved and naturally smart with solid, down-to-earth families. The PTO is very active and there are all sorts of extra curricular activities. The district doesn't have the money or resources of others, but they are making it work. My children have friends with all sorts of background and the overall area is surprisingly diverse. I now feel that this school is as good as any and would certainly recommend this school to anyone. They just need to add a few more curriculum capabilities for more advanced and motivated kids and this school will be as good any.

Freedom Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2012
I have three children who attend Freedom. The teachers are for the most part great. However sadly there are a few who are not so great. Mr. Hudson and Ms. Connell play good cop / bad cop with the children. They think they are a great team working this way, but I think they need to think this tatic. I also think they give parents the run around. I also think there are way to many connect ed calls asking for money to support the school. And I do not think they should have teachers tell the kids to go home and ask to go to whatever fastfood place is donating back to the school, that should be up to the parents to decide and not brought up to our children by teachers in a learning environment. There is too much emphasis on fund raising. The only reason this school scores so highly in Plainfield is because of where it sits and what subdivisions feed into it. The principals know that!

Freedom Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2012
"There is no Freedom at Freedom" has been the motto for the past two years.

Freedom Elementary School 3

Posted January 21, 2011
Been in Plainfield school district for five years and at Freedom since it opened, almost four years; three children. We have have had wonderful creative teachers. We have also had some who were mediocre. All were nice but a few who were new and teaching for the first time or clearly overwhelmed by the large class sizes. Class sizes are larger two of my children were in classes so large that they were split during the school year. My child who had developed a connection to his teacher was moved to a new class with a new teacher mid year. It felt like starting over and took some adjustment and had an impact on grades. For my other child it was not an issue. Third child has not had this experience. A lot of paid after-school activities but they can be expensive. This year, for example, Spanish cost $135.00 per student for 10 hours of instruction or $120.00 for returning students. Freedom Elementary for us has been o.k. it's not terrible but it's not great either. We have also had a few great stand out teachers.

Posted April 20, 2010
Outstanding, dedicated teachers & staff! Incredibly committed PTO! Great community of parents and students! Everyone works together at Freedom for our kids!

Freedom Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
Strongest PTO around! Most dedicated teachers...my son's third grade teacher, Ms. Gill, volunteered her own time every (1 hr before school)Thursday morning to help her entire class improve in Math.

Posted April 09, 2010
My kids go to this school great school teacher are very help full i think this is best school in the district.

Posted April 09, 2010
My kids go there i am very satisfy great school great teacher very helpfull best school in district.

Freedom Elementary School
11600 Heritage Meadow Dr, Plainfield, IL  60585
Last modified Freedom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Freedom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top