PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

This school is not only a family based Christian school, it's got a great value system, teaches children respect for themselves and others. DEFINITELY worth you stopping by and considering this for your children from their Early Childhood Center at age 3 to their full day kindergarten and through 8th grade.
September 16, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

They pay attention and notice if extra support is needed and do not exclude anyone.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal pays attention to the needs of the staff around her and the potential families that are in-bound to help make every transition easy.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The staff is attentive and show true support and yearning to see each student progress and ENJOY learning.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The work fluctuates and engages my children to a point that they are happy and care about learning. So far they have not felt over-loaded or complained about the amount.

Its time to tally up the marks...WHY we LOVE our school so much. My daughter has expressed her desire to always chase HER BEST. The teachers and staff infuse these kids with the love of learning and the idea that they can reach sky high! My son (the youngest) had a rough transition leaving the nest, BUT felt at home after the first week. The support and nurturing "extended family" that we now have, worked to make it easier on both MOM and child to jump this hurdle. The academic achievements that I have seen so far are outstanding! My kindergartner is showing so much growth, and 2nd grader is impressing my daily. Our front office team, works together to keep us up-to-date on news around school and any developing issues/concerns. The ability to communicate is impressive, and I am confident and relieved to have my children in good, safe, capable hands while not at home. After school activities(...so many to chose from) feed their imagination and give my kids time to socialize in that same safe, adventurous place. Just stop by, they are ALWAYS willing to introduce you and you children to a new "Happy Place".

Supports LD students: Agree

I have no first-hand experience with managing learning differences, but I have heard some compelling stories from fellow parents about what the school has done to help their children realize their full potential and raise their self-esteem. We are all very excited to learn that an early intervention program for children with autism will be on site shortly. At St. Alphonsus, all are welcome!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Our new principal, Linda Chorazy, is a true leader. I can't say enough good things about her. She streamlined the budget while finding a way to upgrade materials and equipment, raised the satisfaction and camaraderie of the faculty even while raising the expectations on them, and she is fierce about making St. Al's the best it can be.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Faith formation is a cornerstone of Catholic education, and it shows in the children's respectful, caring, and generous behavior. They look out for each other and volunteer in the church and community. I get many compliments the behavior of my children when we're out and about, so the school definitely is complementing and reinforcing the values we have at home.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There will always be a teacher that doesn't click with you or your child somewhere along the way during the school years, but nearly all of the teachers my children have had are/were excellent. Concerns are handled by the teacher and the principal swiftly and effectively. There are a number of teachers who are really stand-outs in the profession, bringing the absolute best out of the students and inspiring learning and growth well beyond the norm.

Such a welcoming, caring environment! We moved here about 3 years ago, after having previous experiences with 2 wonderful, award-winning schools. Despite coming in with high expectations, St. Al's is the BEST of all! The teachers discover what interests each child and engage them where they are. The coursework is challenging and creative; any problems parents noted in reviews prior to our arrival must have been remedied. If there is a concern, our new principal is on top of it. She is tough but caring--a truly skilled and experienced leader. I am a scientist myself, so I can say with assurance that the STEAM program here is excellent! And, especially in the middle school, the children are inspired by the language arts program; I have never seen children so enthusiastic about reading circles and creative writing. The children and families are kind to each other and the school, parish, and even the community work beautifully together. Something for everyone in sports and after school clubs. Just wonderful!

Last modified St Alphonsus Liguori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8