PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 07, 2015
all of my children are Honor students and that is the work of the teachers

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 07, 2015
Oh trust me they get homework. Nothing that they cant handle, but it prepares them for high scjool and college

Posted December 07, 2015
I cant possibly even summarize what a great school this is. The students are educated in a safe, Christian, drug free environment with teachers and staff who deeply care about the students. Academic scores are off the charts, its a Blue Ribbon school of excellence, they have a science program that is phenomenal. There are so many sports and activities after school. Their art program is AMAZING, and dont miss their spring musical run by the music teacher Mrs. Duncan, you would think your seeing a broadway show not a middle school production. I have an older son who went there who is now in medical school, all of his classmates excelled over the public school kids. My two younger girls currently attend St.Als and love the school to pieces, that is like a second home for them. The class sizes are just perfect, children get individual attention. They have a very involved PARENT SCHOOL ASSOCIATION, with wonderful parents doing wonderful things for the children. Trust the positive reviews posted here and invest in St. Alphonsus, even if you have to sacrifice something financially. You will reap your rewards a million times over and be so grateful that you did.

Posted August 07, 2015
This school is a gem. Tucked in a residential area away from any busy roads, the school provides safe and quiet environment. The campus grounds include a large grassy field, vegetable garden and a playground. The school provides a small teacher to student ratio with plenty individual attention. My two children thrive here.

Posted June 22, 2015
We have had two children at St. Al's and will be sending our third to the all-day 3K/4K as soon as he's old enough. The school has been a revelation, with intimate classes providing plenty of individual attention and a wonderful culture of social and academic success. We've been here long enough now to see a handful of matriculating classes move on to high school, where they are typically the kids that fill up the honors and AP courses wherever they go. Not only that, but they are also outstanding young people of a kind you want your younger children to imitate. Year after year, nearly all of our 8th graders are being fast-tracked to college -- I'm not sure what greater testimonial could be delivered. And the administration hasn't taken even a moment to rest on that success. They seem constantly to be moving to improve. If you're interested in being a part of that kind of school culture -- intimate, friendly, attentive, successful -- St Alphonsus is what you're looking for.

Posted August 06, 2014
My son is with St.Als for an year. We are so happy with the progress. Teacher and Pricipal are so dedicated and caring. Good religious educuation and they force discipline.I will post more after an year.

St Alphonsus Liguori School 4

Posted February 18, 2014
St. Al has made some wonderful changes in the past two years and the families are absolutely terrific. My child is happy and enjoys tremendous care and attention due to smaller class sizes. The teachers are dedicated and communicative. Academically they have implemented a S.T.E.A.M. program and the students will be well prepared to attend the highly ranked Hersey, Prospect, Wheeling or Viator high schools. Instilling a sense of morals, service and community is important and our child has thrived in this wonderful environment.

Posted January 17, 2013
I have 3 children enrolled at St. Alphonsus Liguori and am very pleased with their academic progress, the teachers and their peer group. I chose to send my children to St. Alphonsus because of their Blue Ribbon standing. School academics is number one on my priority list as well as values and character building. My children are excited about going to school and are suitably challenged by the lessons and projects their teachers have put great effort and thought in planning. I am very impressed by the teachers' creativity and dedication. The parental involvement is inspirational and we share the same values. It's a nice community atmosphere. A lot of great childhood memories are being formed here along with great friendships. The school is also dedicated to instilling a sense of service to others whether it's recycling, food pantry collections or students visiting a nursing home. I know at St. Alphonsus my children are being well formed and well educated.

Posted November 06, 2012
We moved from out-of-state two years ago and enrolled our two children at Saint Alphonsus after looking at several Catholic schools in the Northwest Suburbs. What we liked most about Saint Alphonsus was it's challenging academic programs, which have resulted in the school being awarded the Blue Ribbon of excellence. We also loved the welcoming atmosphere. Both children are excelling academically and reading well above grade level. I would highly recommend Saint Alphonsus.

St Alphonsus Liguori School 4

Posted February 13, 2011
I put my three children through St. Al's. My last child is currently an honor student at St. Viator, a challenging Catholic high school, my middle son is an honor student, business/marketing major at the University of Missouri Columbia, and the other a pre-med honor student at Purdue University. Many of their classmates are doing as well or better, which, I feel, speaks for itself about the quality of this school. However, the most important aspect of this school is that the values being taught to you children are yours, not some principle's progressive agenda. Teachers and administrators are responsive and appropriate in discipline. A bullying incident against my oldest child was handled very well and not tolerated in the least. Your child will be safe there. Participation in athletics is encouraged and the philosophy is teamwork, not victory at all costs, but this philosophy produces very competitive teams. If your child joins a sport, he or she will play, maybe more than they want to at the time.

411 N Wheeling Road, Prospect Heights, IL  60056
Last modified St Alphonsus Liguori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8