Posted November 21, 2014
Our daughter has always had to have extra help in accordance with her IEP. In the past I felt she wasn't progressing. When she came to QJHS things changed. I was pleasantly surprised how much better she is doing at QJHS. She is thriving and now on honor roll. From the time my son was there and now with my daughter I have always had positive experiences with the teachers. As far as disruptive students, we have tied our teachers hands where disciplined is involved so what do we expect. It all starts at home with teaching your children to respect authority. It is sad the large number of parents that aren't involved in their child's school life. Teaching is a thankless job.

Posted November 20, 2014
This year the faculty/staff switched to a team approach. It breaks students into smaller groups to enable staff to get to know students; giving a more personal approach. My son has blossomed: he is independent, follows through on classes, homework, etc. He loves visiting with his teachers (who "treat him as an adult and not a child" - pre-teenager statement). He had no problems finding his classes and knows his way around the building. He has made some terrific friends who are in a number of his classes and meets other pals for lunch. I also like that the teachers seem approachable should we need to contact them regarding any issues. It would be nice if the administration gave a little more notice about parent institutes and other parent meetings. Right now the information is sent out via telephone the day prior. Our evening schedules do not allow that kind of flexibility as we have small children still at home. My son has mostly AP classes. He has had an issue with one general education class where the disruptive students are causing extra homework for all involved. Luckily the teacher is getting to know him and they have empathized (commiserated?) with the situation.

Posted November 20, 2014
QJHS is a very positive school that is striving to push kids to be their best and to reach their fullest potential.

Posted November 19, 2014
Quincy Junior High School is filled with history. A landmark in Quincy, Illinois, it currently serves 7th-9th grade students. Administrators and staff have worked to create opportunities for all students and hold them accountable as leaders in their school and community.

Posted November 19, 2014
QJHS is a school that has the potential to potentially change the course of student learning. It has recently introduced student-directed lessons and this has put the students' learning in their own hands, essentially. While this school has many, many wonderful teachers, there are some that are less than average, and student and family support that this school offers can be greatly improved upon.

Quincy Jr High School 5

Posted November 15, 2006
This Is the best school I have been to but since I Moved to Florida I really miss that place alot

Quincy Jr High School 5

Posted September 08, 2005

Quincy Jr High School 2

Posted March 09, 2004

Quincy Jr High School
100 South 14th Street, Quincy, IL  62301
Last modified Quincy Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quincy Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top