River Forest, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted January 07, 2014
Great school. Dedicated teachers. High standards. My kids are learning, having fun and better behaved.

St Vincent Ferrer Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
PROS: I think the kids at svf are a lot more social and pleasant than most other schools, and the religion program is strong and the play ground area is fairly large and well maintained. there is a smart board in every room, and they also have ipads for education purposes CONS: The teachers lack enthusiasm in the subjects they teach. Most are new and inexperienced. I am also concerned about the number of teachers because most teachers have to teach more than one subject so they cant be as dedicated to a specific subject. the school's books aren't on the ipads...yet. I hope this review was helpful the lunch room area is dreadfully small and I wonder how they fit so many kids in there. the gym is also very small. The water fountains barely work so water bottles are needed.

Posted March 12, 2013
I am so impressed by the education and sense of community at this school. We have two children in the Early Childhood program and I am amazed at what they are learning at such a young age. The principal has incorporated technology without losing the importance face-to-face teaching and learning. So far, this school has been worth every penny of the tuition we pay.

Posted February 15, 2013
I have two children in the early childhood program at SVF. Last year was our first year, and my family couldn t be happier. At 3 and 4 years old, my kids are learning Spanish, going to computer lab, and use technology (iPads and Smartboards) to spice up the way they learn, not to mention the fundamentals of ABCs, writing their letters/name and math homework on IXL (a computer program that they fight over)! When I was looking at where to send them to school, I thought the education they received should be my primary focus, which to some extent it still is. But my family has received so much more at St. Vincent s! We have found a place for our children to learn and grow, and we have found a real community to raise our children in. If you are looking at new schools, I would recommend coming to St. Vincent s for a tour. Once you see the classes, meet the staff and some of the families, you won t want to look any further.

Posted January 24, 2013
We have two children at SVF and we couldn't be happier! The teachers here really care about their students. Our prinicpal has only been here for less than 2 years and has made such a difference in the school, including technical advances such as SMART boards in all the classrooms and use of iPADS. He has made MANY positive changes. He has welcomed parents and encouraged involvement. Everyone works together for the sake of the children. Many parents are involved with clubs, sports or activities. There are several options for the early childhood students as far as half day or full day to work around our work schedules. They even have before school or extended care! It helps with the early morning meetings. I couldn't be happier as a parent at this school.

Posted January 16, 2013
We have 2 children in the Early Childhood program at St. Vincent Ferrer and couldn't be happier. The sense of community coupled with the excellent teachers makes it very easy to recommend our school to anyone in the area. As the school grows we are getting more and more advanced in technology with Smart Boards and iPads for each classroom. We have a 3rd child that will be starting in a few years and look forward to that child receiving the same excellent education our other 2 children are receiving.

Posted January 15, 2013
We have two young children at St Vincent and love the school, the teachers, and all the programs they offer. There is a great sense of community and HUGE parent involvement with the school. So far the experiences we have with the early childhood programs are outstanding. Wonderful teachers that really care and cater to each individual child's needs. We also have a new and fantastic principal that has made wonderful changes for the entire school both in terms of education and a stronger sense of community. He has brought Ipads and Smart Boards as new learning tools, offering the teachers more diverse methods for delivering instruction and engaging the students for learning in the 21st century. These tech savy tools are used from the Pre-K all the way up the the 8th grade. We couldn't be happier with our children at St Vincent and plan to send our other children there as well.

Posted December 07, 2012
St. Vincent's is a great school that continues to get even better. Our principal is amazing and has achieved so many things for our children in his almost-2 years here. Technology is top-notch, teachers are excellent, "special" classes include everything: Spanish, Computers, Gym, Art, Library, Music and Finance for the older kids. The community is very nurturing and parents are very involved. Terra Nova scores are up and I'm confident that they'll continue to rise. My kids are so happy here and are thriving! SVF is definitely a school to consider for your child.

Posted October 21, 2009
They have great involvement with parents such as many of the mothers working in the lunchroom. They also have fabulous junior high teachers. I feel that my child will be able to get into the high school of their choice when that time comes! Great school!

Posted September 02, 2009

St Vincent Ferrer Elementary School
1515 Lathrop Avenue, River Forest, IL  60305
Last modified St Vincent Ferrer Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Vincent Ferrer Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top