9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 15, 2016
Without the persistence, grit and determination, I would not have succeeded in the brokerage industry in my first job 'downtown' for more than 39 years without immediately going to college. I have completed college since then, but while working full time and going part-time.

Posted July 15, 2016
My years at Trinity were the best years even though they were more than 40 years ago. It was well before the IB and the skills and courses I took helped me enter the working world right after high school. At the time, I couldn't qualify for grants and being the oldest of 7 children, loans for college were out of the question! I graduated in 3.5 years and then went to work the last semester to help out my family. The teachers were always there for you, took extra time with you when you needed it, the counselors listened to who you were and guided you as an individual - not as a number. Tuition is not inexpensive, but then you get what you pay for! I truly value what my family paid for my education. I read a comment about uniforms - they had them when I was there as well - boxy wool blazer, white blouses with collars and skirts with two pleats in front and two in back! What was really bad were the gym suits we had to wear - one piece, elastic waist, cap sleeves and snaps up the front! Mine was a solid red - for all 4 years! So, I am confident they have improved since!

Posted March 27, 2016
This is an academically challenging school that has so much spirit. The administration is committed to this school, its mission and each student. My daughter is a sophomore and loves her school. I have had other children attend other high schools and have not been nearly as impressed. The IB program is amazing. Teacher connect with students, something for every girl at this school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 27, 2016
My daughters chem, bio & history teachers. As I said in the previous question they truly were more then just teachers - they were mentors, role models and friends to my daughter!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 27, 2016
The teachers are excellent. Chemistry, Bio, History were teachers my daughter really bonded with - they truly became mentors. She had quality English, math and Spanish teachers but the bond between the chem, bio and history teachers was amazing.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 27, 2016
I know my daughter had a lot of homework because she was in the IB program and it is rigorous - it has prepared her well for what is expected in college.

Trinity High School 3

Posted April 13, 2014
Trinity is a good school. The teachers are decent, and the classes might be different than what you're used to because a) it's all girls, and b) because there are 4 classes each day and everyone lasts about 1 hr and 30 minutes. I like that. The only problem is that there are SO many rules! The assistant principle is very strict, so be careful around her. The uniforms are hideous. But hey, what can you do about those? You're either someone who loves Trinity, or someone who hates it. There really is no in between. I'm a freshman at this school and I feel very "trapped", like I have no freedom. I feel very contained and uncomfortable in my own skin. Since it's such a small school, you'll encounter plenty of mean girls. Someone even had the nerve to start a rumor about me. The classes here are almost too easy, and I come home bored with my homework every night. You pray every morning, too. There is a liturgy every month as well. I'm not a Catholic, and I'm also not even fully Christian. I'm more agnostic. You'll know if this is the right school for you. For me, it just isn't. The good thing is they have a pretty good art/drawing program. The Theatre dept. kind of sucks.

Posted January 18, 2013
I love the block scheduling that emphasizes leaning as opposed to cafeteria style curriculum with seven (7) classes in six hours. I also love the IB program option that is similar to the type of learning the girls will be doing at the next level. To top it all off, the fun vibe created by the faculty and student body make the extracurricular activities enjoyable to parents and students alike !

Posted August 04, 2012
I was introduced to Trinity at a young age. My mom put me in camps as a Junior Blazer in second grade and I loved it ever since. I have done camps there from second grade to this year and I plan on doing so in the next few years. As a incoming freshman I like that they understand that this a new fresh start for us and they make an effort for us to be well welcomed. The school has a perfect balance of acadmics, extra-curricular activities, and spirit. If you attend you will absolutly fall in love with the school as I did, and they will find a perfect place for you either in the College Prep Program or the IB Program.

Posted June 14, 2011
If I could go back in time I would go back to my high school years at Trinity. This, seriously, is the best high school around. I made lifelong friends, the teachers are great, and the atmosphere is incredible. I graduated full-IB at Trinity, and although the program was rigorous, when I got into college, I was more than just prepared. I tested out of a few general education classes thanks to my IB scores. Trinity is a great place for you (or your daughter) to grow, develop, learn, meet amazing people, and thrive.

7574 Division Street, River Forest, IL  60305