Bad
Good

Posted November 01, 2014
Rhodes it is the best school, and I am pleased learning Was my best decision to enroll my children in this school

Rhodes Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2014
I grew up in River Grove. I always told myself that when I had a family I would be here, I was wrong, I pay more than 50% of my taxes to Rhodes and because there is a line that divides this town , I can't send my son to PreK. The staff there is rude and not helpful. They told me if in some way I was able to send my son there he would be on a waiting list. If they have a grant to run preK for free than open it to all residents. Terrible village and I left the Major a message weeks ago and still no call back. Major Tom Tarpey would of never allowed this.

Rhodes Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2012
Although the tightly knit environment of this Pre-k through 8th grade school might be regarded as a positive, I, a student in attendance from 1st through 8th grade (graduating class of 2009), received nearly the same type of treatment in 1st grade as I did until the very last day of 8th. The administration, running a school educating 10 different grade levels under the SAME roof, never stopped treating us students like elementary school children, even while entering the next level they called "middle school." The administration's version of middle school (a place that is supposed to encourage social growth in order to be a productive social member of society) continued to bombard us with their childish rules and treatment that we lacked the chance to mature into young adults. This school is a great elementary school with teachers that understand the young adult mind. However, the confused, overprotective administration failed to prepare it s middle schoolers for the real world. Avoid the "babying" at this school and take your child over to Hester Junior High, a more mature social environment educating only three grade levels, 6-8th. Here, your child will better mature as a teen.

Posted July 12, 2011
I absolutely love this school. My two girls have been going here for 2 yrs and they love the school and the teachers.

Rhodes Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2011
my daughter as been enjoying to be in this school, that's why I AM making sure I am buying a house near by!

Rhodes Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2010
Rhodes School isn't all that wonderful. I would suggest to anyone that will be moving into the area your Property taxes are not well spent in educating your child. The school has been going downhill. Bussing in from the neighboring town has also greatly impacted the school.

Posted March 26, 2010
really like the school; the teachers are involved, teh principal is involved, just wish more parents become involved.

Rhodes Elementary School 1

Posted October 14, 2009
Rhodes has really gone downhill the past few years. Great teachers retired or quit, and some of the replacements are, frankly, horrible. My daughter is on the honor roll every quarter; however, when she tells me some of the things that go on I am appalled.

Posted June 27, 2009
my daughter goes here stright A`s and when she was in another public school in river grove she had a c-b avg. so u tell me what the difference is ...Rhodes has better teachers and a better system

Posted February 26, 2008
This is such a great school. The teachers are very helpful and respect each and every student! They have great activities for the students to be involved in! The staff always insures us to be safe around the neighborhood by giving us letters saying something has happened and the parents should be aware of! Going into high school next year i know i will be prepared thanks to all the teachers who have helped me!

Rhodes Elementary School
8931 Fullerton Ave, River Grove, IL  60171
Last modified Rhodes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.