Posted August 03, 2013
I love Brookfield..the principal is new but she seems very concerned about what's going on...I've visited on several occasions and she was always in sight...helping outside during the morning rush, helping at lunch directing kids, and alwAys available to talk and interact with kids and parents. I have two girls, one going into third and the other kindergarten and I love all the teAchers so far.I like how they handle entering kids in kindergarten...they go to all teAchers the first two days and they pick their teacher based on a number of different factors to make the mix of students fair on a number of levels. There is before and aftercare offered and run by the YMCA and even though every year there are different people in charge they have routine they work with the kids to keep them active and help with homework and I don't worry about their safety. There is such a lot of parent involvement, everyone works to make holiday parties fun,teAchers can rely on parents to give volunteer time. We get good feedback at conferences and teAchers really try to push the kids to excel because I've been told they don't have to spend as much time with discipline issues like at other places.

Posted December 21, 2012
Brookview is a fantastic school. The teachers and all the support staff are caring and provide a top notch education to all their students. The parent involvement is also excellent. I can't say enough good things about this school.

Posted January 07, 2010

Posted May 29, 2007
This school is so much further ahead, academically, then the Catholic schools here in Rockford. After leaving a Catholic school, Brookview offered to tutor my son to bring him up to where he should be. He's flourishing and has come a long way from where he was when he started at Brookview. They actually cared enough to help him learn.I have nothing but praise for Brookview School and their staff.

Posted May 07, 2006
I did not want to send my child to public schools, but was forced to do so because of my child's special education needs. I am so glad we chose Brookview. The teachers are great. The parents are very involved. Rockford has a shining example in Brookview.

Brookview Elementary School 0

Posted April 07, 2006
- a former student
Best elementary meap scores in district.

Posted October 16, 2005
This is a great neighborhood school with caring and supportive staff and parents. You cannot go wrong by choosing Brookview School.

Posted November 03, 2004
Parent involvement is key to the success of Brookview. Leadership by principals has been excellent for the past 10 years and the current principal is fully dedicated to the welfare of the students. Although the school has been hindered by ongoing legal issues within the Rockford School District and a school board that is so disjointed as to be dysfunctional, Brookview has proved a bright spot for the community. I am pleased that my oldest child graduated from Brookview and that my second child is now a student there.

Posted September 25, 2004
I have two children that attend Brookview, one in first and one in second. The teacher leadership and commitment to each and every child learning is truly remarkable. Brookview school holds the highest standards that every school should use for the truest example on the way a school should be run. One of the toughest choices a parent has to make is selecting where their child will begin his/her acedemic career. I can say with honesty, choosing Brookview for mychildren is the best choice I have ever made. The principal and every teacher in Brookview is a great example of how education should be conducted.

Brookview Elementary School
1750 Madron Road, Rockford, IL  61107
Last modified Brookview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookview Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.