Posted October 12, 2009
My son, who is in kindergarten, also attends Carlson. He is flourishing. He is so excited about school and has really become interested in learning his letters and numbers. His writing has improved greatly in just over a month and has learned to recognize and spell several words that he did not know just a month ago. I am sorry the parent who posted on September 9 had such a poor experience and I don't know why no work was sent home because we get some all the time. I feel so grateful that my son as at Carlson.

Clifford P Carlson Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2009
My Kindergartener attended 3 weeks at Carlson and brought home one piece of work a coloring sheet. I was very disappointed and pulled her as her pre-school sister did more work than her. The Teachers exuse was that she was the only one in the class and not all of the students new how to hold a pencil so how was she supposed to teach. That was her last day at Carlson.

Posted July 15, 2009

Clifford P Carlson Elementary School 0

Posted August 03, 2007
My son attended his first year at Carlson last year. He was in 3rd grade. He will be going back to Carlson as a 4th grader this month. I never got to experience the principal, Mr. Larson that everyone speaks so highly of. I am happy with the school. I loved my son's 3rd grade teacher. She really improved him a lot. I really like the principal that is at Carlson. It seems to be a great school.

Posted May 08, 2006
My son Jared was in Kindergarten at Carlson this year and we just couldn't be more pleased with the school. I can't think of one bad thing except we are losing our beloved principal, Mr. Larson. He is finally retiring and that is a huge loss. Carlson is a family oriented school and we are all on the same team and that really makes a difference. I would recommend Carlson School to any parent. Jenny Long, mother of a Carlson Kindergartener.

Clifford P Carlson Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2005
Teachers are not as accessible as they should be. Feel as if you are unwelcome while visiting classrooms, though Principal is Wonderful! Open 'pod' classroms are very distracting for students. PTO is very unorganized and doesn't allow parents to help with activities. No supervision at lunchtime recess; lots of fighting and bullying.

Posted September 13, 2004
My daughter is in her 2nd year at Carslon. The teachers are wonderful and Mr. Larson, the principal, is just amazing. I have never seen a school so involved with one another. It's so easy to feel welcomed and a part of the school 'family'. It's such a positive learning environment for the students. I can't imagine sending my daughter anywhere else!

Posted February 23, 2004
Our son has attended Carlson School for 3 years now. We have had a completely positive experience with this school. The teachers have all been wonderful & the Principal, Mr. Larson is amazing. He makes the school a fun place to be for everyone because of his attitude.

Clifford P Carlson Elementary School
4015 Pepper Drive, Rockford, IL  61114
Last modified Clifford P Carlson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clifford P Carlson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top