Bad
Good

I went to high school here and it was suitable. I went to a good college and have a good career now.

Parent involvement is not wanted in this school. There is a very distinct feeling when you walk in there that the admin doesn't want you there.

As a former student of Guilford that is now about to graduate from Augustana College, I enjoyed my first 2 years at Guilford. However, after they starting busing over students from other areas, the school went downhill. I saw at least one fight a day, I had to deal with students that were bused over from other areas of Rockford constantly being rude and disrespectful to myself and the teachers, and so much attention had to be paid to their terrible behavior that the rest of the students had to suffer because of this. In one of my math classes, my teacher actually gave up teaching the class because no one would listen to him or show respect. Therefore, I ended up teaching myself out of the textbook. Guilford offered some good AP classes, such as AP biology, but certainly did not prepare me for the rigor that college classes require. I would not recommend any parent send their child to this school. The teachers are wonderful and try their best, but the students act like animals.

I'm a senior at Guilford High School and I honestly love it. We've had some difficulties over the years but we have been getting better. Many the adults posting reviews should be concerned of the intellegence level at which they are typing. The after school activities are amazing. I am a part of the Latin Club, Drama Club President, Key Club, and Theatre. They offer large option of of electives including A.P. Art History, Guilford is the only public school in Rockford offering the class. In conclusion I have done well attending Guilford and will succeed in the future.

Guilford is a school that is known as a good school in Rockford, but that is not our experience. The principal Tim Kutz seemed unable to treat all students with the respect that they deserved as good students. Many good teachers, however, some with attitudes. Overall I think my child would have had a much better high school experience elsewhere and appreciated more deserving the great academic efforts,achievements, and good behavior put forth.

Guilford is a very crowded and structureless learning enviroment. My child attended Guilford for her Freshman and Sophomore school years and the teachers weren't much help to her. Teachers are very preoccupied and class sizes are very large (30 students per class). The staff was somewhat rude at parent teacher conferences. The school seemed to put a lot of effort into the abscent/truant policies and not so much effort into teaching my child. On the bright side the extracurricular activities are among the best in this area. To be honest i sent my child to [another] school to finish up her high school career and she love it there.

Last modified Guilford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.