Rockford, IL
Students enrolled: 1,937

Posted September 30, 2013
I went to high school here and it was suitable. I went to a good college and have a good career now.

Guilford High School 1

Posted February 27, 2013
Parent involvement is not wanted in this school. There is a very distinct feeling when you walk in there that the admin doesn't want you there.

Guilford High School 1

Posted November 07, 2012
As a former student of Guilford that is now about to graduate from Augustana College, I enjoyed my first 2 years at Guilford. However, after they starting busing over students from other areas, the school went downhill. I saw at least one fight a day, I had to deal with students that were bused over from other areas of Rockford constantly being rude and disrespectful to myself and the teachers, and so much attention had to be paid to their terrible behavior that the rest of the students had to suffer because of this. In one of my math classes, my teacher actually gave up teaching the class because no one would listen to him or show respect. Therefore, I ended up teaching myself out of the textbook. Guilford offered some good AP classes, such as AP biology, but certainly did not prepare me for the rigor that college classes require. I would not recommend any parent send their child to this school. The teachers are wonderful and try their best, but the students act like animals.

Guilford High School 4

Posted November 02, 2008
I'm a senior at Guilford High School and I honestly love it. We've had some difficulties over the years but we have been getting better. Many the adults posting reviews should be concerned of the intellegence level at which they are typing. The after school activities are amazing. I am a part of the Latin Club, Drama Club President, Key Club, and Theatre. They offer large option of of electives including A.P. Art History, Guilford is the only public school in Rockford offering the class. In conclusion I have done well attending Guilford and will succeed in the future.

Posted April 25, 2008
Guilford is a school that is known as a good school in Rockford, but that is not our experience. The principal Tim Kutz seemed unable to treat all students with the respect that they deserved as good students. Many good teachers, however, some with attitudes. Overall I think my child would have had a much better high school experience elsewhere and appreciated more deserving the great academic efforts,achievements, and good behavior put forth.

Posted May 07, 2007
Guilford is a very crowded and structureless learning enviroment. My child attended Guilford for her Freshman and Sophomore school years and the teachers weren't much help to her. Teachers are very preoccupied and class sizes are very large (30 students per class). The staff was somewhat rude at parent teacher conferences. The school seemed to put a lot of effort into the abscent/truant policies and not so much effort into teaching my child. On the bright side the extracurricular activities are among the best in this area. To be honest i sent my child to [another] school to finish up her high school career and she love it there.

Guilford High School 5

Posted January 10, 2006
Guilford High School is the perfect school on my opinion. I like that staff is always taking care of issues that may prevent a student from succeeding. Miss Yolanda Simons was a great principal my oldest son just graduated last year and I feel she did a great job. We have a new principal, and so far I don't see any changes in school diciplone or tolerance rate which has been for the last several years, zero tolerance. My second sond is a current student there, and he, as well as my oldest is very happy with his school. The music program is great. Mr Durango is an excelent teacher. I can see him helping his students to bring out the music each one of them have inside. More than one of my nephews studied there and one of them is pursuing the music path, thanks to Mr. Durango's teachings.

Guilford High School 2

Posted May 11, 2004
They spend more money on policing kids then teaching. Quit worrying about who late/tardy and start teaching. The school is to crowded! Some teacher don't care. Nor does the City of Rockford. I'm putting my kid in a privite school next year.

Posted August 27, 2003
I have had five children attend this school, and still have one in Guilford. I find the scool to be average for our area. The staff at Guilford are more worried about policing the kids attending, instead of teaching them.

Guilford High School
5620 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, IL  61114
Last modified Guilford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Guilford High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top