Walker Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2009

Walker Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2008
My first two sons have atended walker for the past several years. I live very close and could not be happier with the school. True it has many low income students but the administrative staff and teachers are excellent. They CARE so much about the kids that it shows in academic progress and social skill development. It feels like the old time neighborhood school where everybody knows each other and all feel comfortable. This school is a true bright spot in much maligned school district.

Walker Elementary School 5

Posted May 10, 2006
Walker school is wonderful! My children were below reading at another school and we transfered to walker, in a matter of months they were right where they should be. They have alot of musicals ( the music teacher is wonderful) and if any problems the teachers and principal are willing to listen and find a solution.

Walker Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2006
- a former student

Walker Elementary School 0

Posted August 10, 2003
My child was in Pre-School at Walker last school year. The Teacher was wonderfull. My child learned to share and to take turns with her sister. I spent a few of the last days of the year in the class room. The Teacher ever make me feel at home in the class. I like that the children got to pick the activity they anted to do and the Teacher had them stick to there choice. I also like that they had a routine, and when it was time to pick up the child that as pick turned the lights off so that the other children knew it as time to pick up there area.

Walker Elementary School
1520 Post Avenue, Rockford, IL  61103
Last modified Walker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top