Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Rockford East High School 1

Posted June 02, 2016
The absolute worst four years of my life. Many teachers just did not care. A vivid memory which was a good example of this: a teacher wrote an assignment on the chalkboard - Read chapter 5 and answer questions 1-10. The teacher then proceeded to sit at his desk reading a newspaper. Worthless.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 02, 2016
Chuck Wallin was not my teacher but my coach. It was honor and a privilege to run for him. I wish I would of realised just how amazing of a human being this man was. He taught me to never give up. I know he is missed by many. RIP.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted June 02, 2016
I can only remember one effective message one of the teachers at East conveyed directly to me, "If you don't like the system - become the system (to change it).".

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 02, 2016
I don't remember doing much homework. There was nothing during that time to inspire or motivate me to take any books home.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 02, 2016
I would have to agree here. Despite the overall education deficiency during the four years at East - I was lucky enough to attend a university years later where I excelled in academics.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 02, 2016
There was gang activity the years I attended. I hope for East that problem has gone away.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 02, 2016
Many teachers there just didn't care. Felt like I was passed over and passed on to the next grade without really learning.

Rockford East High School 5

Posted June 04, 2013
the best school best teachers best people..my freshman year went by like a flash...i miss it so much thoo.. i think i made like a lot of new good friends while going to east..

Rockford East High School 5

Posted February 19, 2011
I'm not gonna lie. I hated my freshman year but it wasn't because of the school it was mainly because I was very insecure and intisocial. This school was life changing for me. I met some amazing people and my teachers were great, well some. We can't all be perfect. Anyway, truth is, your environment is what you make it. So, if you wanna have "THE BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE" then start with yourself. Change your way of thinking, be more open minded and make things happen. If you never speak up, you will never be heard. I was a student at East (Class of 2010) and I can honestly tell you that I enjoyed it very much. :)

Rockford East High School 4

Posted February 19, 2011
East has been a wonderful experience for my son. He's involved in sports and the student commission and loves his teachers. They all seem to truly care about how he does and when he's not putting forth his full effort, they let him and me know about it! He's made some great friends (students and teachers). I've seen such a positive impact since they went away from choice. My only hope now is that the District doesn't start messing with the honors and sports programs.

2929 Charles St, Rockford, IL  61108
Last modified Rockford East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.