Rockford, IL
Students enrolled: 1,494

Posted June 04, 2013
the best school best teachers best people..my freshman year went by like a flash...i miss it so much thoo.. i think i made like a lot of new good friends while going to east..

Posted February 19, 2011
I'm not gonna lie. I hated my freshman year but it wasn't because of the school it was mainly because I was very insecure and intisocial. This school was life changing for me. I met some amazing people and my teachers were great, well some. We can't all be perfect. Anyway, truth is, your environment is what you make it. So, if you wanna have "THE BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE" then start with yourself. Change your way of thinking, be more open minded and make things happen. If you never speak up, you will never be heard. I was a student at East (Class of 2010) and I can honestly tell you that I enjoyed it very much. :)

Posted February 19, 2011
East has been a wonderful experience for my son. He's involved in sports and the student commission and loves his teachers. They all seem to truly care about how he does and when he's not putting forth his full effort, they let him and me know about it! He's made some great friends (students and teachers). I've seen such a positive impact since they went away from choice. My only hope now is that the District doesn't start messing with the honors and sports programs.

Posted November 20, 2010
I love East! People might think that it has the worst reputation, but truth is, it's not bad at all. Rockford East is not only a school. With a solid base filled with tradition and spirit, this school is a family. Most teachers that work there, used to go there. Everyone's parents once were students there. People only like to talk bad about it. But honestly, if we actually consider the great aspects of the school, then I know for a fact that people would highlight East as a great school! I love it there.

Rockford East High School 3

Posted February 10, 2010

Posted December 10, 2009

Rockford East High School 3

Posted September 03, 2009
My eldest daughter attended EHS from 9-03 to 6-07, probably the worst 4 years for East both academically and in athletics. She took honors classes, participated in athletics and had a wonderful experience at EHS. The large group of friends she made at East are all out there in the world attending universities and performing very well in there chosen majors. She was well prepared for college. She attended and graduated RVC with honors and was accepted into the college of Education at ISU. She will graduate in 2011 with not 1 but 3 education endorsements! My youngest is a member of the class of 2011 at EHS. Her class is the first enrolled using the new school zones and not 'Controlled Choice'. The atmosphere and energy at East has vastly improved. East is pulling itself out of the deep hole it found itself in during the decade of Controlled choice.

Rockford East High School 1

Posted June 25, 2009
East was the worst of 3 high schools I've been to. The education was years behind many schools I'd been to. I found myself re-learning and re-reading ninth grade material as a senior. The majority of the students there WANT to learn, but are brought down by a small fraction of bad eggs who consistently interrupt class causing tons of wasted time. The administration does little to prevent this and instead instead of disciplining/removing problem children from classes, they treat them like victims. I can honestly say I came out of East with the same knowledge I came in with.

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted January 22, 2008
I loved East. I've been to 6 different high schools and this is by far my favorite. Every school has its flaws, but I noticed that if I asked for help, I would actually get it here. The teachers were nice, though I can't say that of some of the students, they are not what's important. While I attended East my grades went up and I found it easier to succeed, and actually found myself willing to do my homework.

Rockford East High School
2929 Charles Street, Rockford, IL  61108
Last modified Rockford East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockford East High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top