Bad
Good

I have a son that is currently in 5th grade at Whitehead, and another son who has completed Whitehead. The teachers and staff have been incredible for over 12 years. Every question is readily answered and the children receive an excellent education. I believe that in order for any child to truly get the most out of their school experience, the parents must be involved. I would recommend Whitehead to everyone and am saddened that this is the last school year for our family at this school.

I think that whitehead needs the teachers and aides to treat students with respect last time I stopped in the lunch aides were yelling at the younger students very loudly and disrupt ly they really need to be educated children do not learn from yelling they yelled so loud I jumped was scarred and how do these children feel I have a child who cries about how she is treated everyday and cries on the way home I believe they need to be taught how to talk with the children instead of belittling them that to me is bullying of the children and don't appreciate how they treat any child I have talked to the principal to the school board where must a parent go to get action around here please inform me so I can take it to the right people I am so tired of them with all there excuses they too are bullying with action of authority sickens me a parent has the right to help these poor innocent children we are here for them if they r not than they don't belong there a concerned parent that loves all children

My daughter is in her second year at Whitehead Elementary. We have had great experience there. Her teachers have been wonderful and Principle Scott Lazar has done a great job leading the school. This year they even started a FIRST Jr. LEGO league. I will say, some of the parents seem selfish and can't follow simple rules like how to pick of your child at dismissal... but I won't blame the school for the parents actions. Overall, we've been pleased.

It is impossible to get involved at this school the teachers and principal both do not send the information out to parents. Odd for a school district who could use more parental involvement. Even stranger as I have repeatedly asked for it.

Last modified Whitehead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.