Bad
Good

Having come from a private school in Rockford I have been impressed by the quality of teachers and principal at this great neighborhood school. I only wish I would have moved my kids from a private school sooner. By far the best kept secret in Rockford.

We just recently relocated to Rockford and registered our kids at White Swan elementary. We have been so impressed! I can't say enough about the staff. From the moment I stepped foot into the school it was clear that these educators were advocates for my children. An excellent school that is impacting the Rockford community in great ways!

I think White Swan School is great! My son has learned so much from the caring yet firm teachers there. They have great opportunities for the parents to be involed, which the children love. I volunteer there a couple times a month and have seen these kids transform. On Wednesday (pizza day)the Principal goes around to all of the lunch tables and tells the kids a joke. They really get a kick out of it.. I have always heard great things about White Swan school and I am so glad my son goes there! Thank you to all of the hard working teachers, principal, and staff!

White Swan is an excellent school. The principal is caring and professional. I have only encountered the Pre-K teachers, but they have been excellent for us. Though the Rockford School Disctrict is tough, this particular school stands out as a diamond in the rough.

White Swan is a fantastic school!!! There is such a caring attitude and so many opportunities to be involved as a parent. I was very impressed at the academics. We had homework maybe 2 to 3 nights a week with a large emphasis on writing (which is something my son really needed - I was dreading it at first but he has made huge improvements!). They also really pushed parents to work hard and read at home with their children. It motivated me to do my own homework with them at night. I was very leery with the Rockford School District just from all the negative things we had heard from relatives (we moved here from Wisconsin) but I have been nothing but pleased. My child participated in pre-K for two years also at White Swan. They are an A+ school in my opinion.

Last modified White Swan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2