Bad
Good

My son is in school for three years and I think the best school.My son is happy doing good because of hard working and caring staff.

Washington is one of the best schools in Rockford. From its students, office staff and principal. Washington is where my grandchildren are being challenged and they like being there.

This school gave a second chance with a strong smart beginning. They are one of the most successful schools for your child to learn and have fun!

Best thing I have ever done for my son, was getting him into this school/program. The teachers, principal, and staff bring out the best in the students. Here's something new... personal accountability is actually taught and expected. I give this school very high marks. Thank you to all that work there. what you are doing makes a difference. Keep up the excellent work,

This school has changed my life. With out it i wouldn't be challenged enough, and would simply be bored with school, probably leading me to do reckless, dangerous things. Washington is a great school, the teachers push you to the limit and always are open to one-on-one time with the kids. Love it!

My son is doing great in this school. He was not being challanged enough in the neighborhood school. He has excelled here. He is on the Chess team,basketball team and loves it here. We would not have him in any other school. We moved to Rockford from Chicago and the education he is receiving at Washington is parallel to the Private school education that was costing a fortune in Chicago.This is the best education that money can't buy your kid.

Great support for students, parents and families. Caring, invested teacher.

I think that this school has a very good program which offers a strong foundation for the students who attend. This provides the students witht the ability to do well in future studies. The students do very well in academic testing. I like the fact that they offer sports activities in the grade school in a competitive school league. They are very supportive of the students and very positive and encouraging to them in all that they do. All of the students are winners. The level of parental involvement is fantastic.

I was very hesitant to take my son out of the warm, nurturing womb of a private school here in Rockford, but now entering his 3 year at King I have come to realize this is the best education money CAN'T buy. The teachers are educated to challenge, grow and nurture these kids. The principal, Jill Faber, is amazing and very dedicated. She maintians a high standard of security at the building which I am grateful for since the building is not in the best part of town. There is a core group of parents that is very involved at the school and as a result there are lots of fun events and worthwile fundraisers. We love King and are thrilled to have the opportunity to have our son there.

Last modified Washington Gifted School is a Public school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.