Rockford, IL

Spring Creek Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2014
Overall, Spring Creek is a wonderful school. Mr. Owens (principal) is kind and approachable. He does a great job in guiding the students and showing that he sincerely cares for each and every one of them. He offers great support to any concerns parents and teachers may have. This school has a ZERO tolerance for bullying and takes offenses very seriously. Students are kind and caring to one another. 4th grade teacher, Mrs Tukker is great with students but shows signs of disconnect. I understand that security is priority and I love that about this school. However, with tight security, it makes it difficult to visit your child's classroom and/or form a relationship with the teacher on a parental level. We came from a private school where parents were always welcome and encouraged to stop by classrooms during learning. At Spring Creek, its very difficult to get passed the secretary. Studies have been shown that students do better in school when parents are active and involved. Other than that, all other experiences have been positive and I would recommend this school over nearby private schools.

Posted September 04, 2014
My wife and I are very pleased to have our three children at Spring Creek Elementary School. This is our fourth year attending there. The teachers and the principals have been great and have fostered a positive environment for learning. I am pleased that our children are interacting with children from all types of backgrounds. I have recommended the school to my neighbors. Concerning who is writing this review, I am a Conservative Physician and my wife is in a Masters of Arts in Teaching Program. We are pleased to have our children at Spring Creek Elementary School.

Posted August 16, 2007

Posted August 26, 2003
I think that this school gives the kids a higher sense of self esteem. They really encourage the kids and they get the help that they need if theya re lacking in any subject. My kids have had a great expierence at this school. The principal gives the kids huge encouragment.

Spring Creek Elementary School
5222 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, IL  61114
Last modified Spring Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Creek Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top