Rockford, IL
Students enrolled: 1,152

Posted October 22, 2013
I do not have children in high school, however I do have 3 in elementry school. I also live near a school Boylan plays football against and happened to be walking my dog past the field during a game and stopped to watch. It was to my shock that I saw both students and staff, laugh and taunt after a member of the other team broke his leg during the game. Then, after winning the game, the Boylan side rushed the home field of the other team and vandalized it. This says a lot for the character and attitude this school is teaching. As a parent, I was very disappointed; but more over, this is supposed to be a Christian school, which was devastating to have to watch Boylan students, teachers, coaches and parents act in such a ridiculous manner. I have known many Boylan graduates and they all say that the education was good, but there was a lot of hypocrisy in the school. What was demonstrated by the Boylan attendees definately plays into my decision making for the high school for my children to attend. And to avoid confusion, they will NOT be attending Boylan.

Posted October 03, 2012
I have been a Boylan parent since 1994. Tuition has gone up every year, making the choice to send my children to Boylan definitely a sacrifice. A text book buy back program as opposed to "renting " books, as well as the option to buy used uniforms ( many schools do a used uniform sale at the end of the yr) would help parents tremendously and offset the cost of tuition, as well as the added expense of books and other fees.

Boylan Central Catholic High School 1

Posted August 08, 2012
This school is awful. I hated it. It's very cliquey and the way the administration runs the school is screwed up. Send your child to a reputable public high school and save thousands of dollars. Don't waste your money here. The school is very run down and has no air conditioning in the majority of the building. The teachers only help the AP/Honor students, and if you are placed in any class below that you will be seen as a delinquent. Many of the students are snotty and spoiled. They try to maintain a "holy" image, yet smoke weed and party on the weekends. This school is a complete joke.

Boylan Central Catholic High School 5

Posted June 04, 2011
I graduated from Boylan last year and have just completed my first year of college. A lot of what my teachers taught me was very useful and helpful in college. They taught me things that many of my fellow classmates in college didn't know. Yes, the students tend to be a bit clique-y and there are some kids who like to do drugs, but I feel that you will find that it almost any high school. Boylan is a great school that sets its standards high. It is a great college prep school and an amazing school to go to for sports.

Posted March 10, 2010
the teachers at boylan help alot the grading scale is very high and the homework is hard if you coming from a public school if i may say bhs is very strict and very hard some kids are stuck and some or not and theres alot of fakes there to they take there p.e. and soprts very seriously more than they do with eduacation i would say ive been there for my first year and its been an okay year but i dont like it that much but everything has it ups and downs i would say but overall its a good school if you want a good education ;]

Posted December 05, 2009
The teachers at Boylan will help you if you need help but they are messed up individuals. Sure, some of them are amazing, but some are insane like most other schools. It is a very cliquey school and the students are very judgemental. Drugs are very prominent there as well. Sure academics are great, and so are the arts and sports, but the sport teams are really all that matters and so are the players. It is very annoying. A person's wealth very much determines a ones social status. Good academics, but the students are quite mean, stuck up...much like the teachers

Posted October 31, 2008
I have had experience with both public and private schools in the area. What I like about the private school is, when an issue arises, teachers and administration listen to the parent and address it. I felt in the public school I had no say. If my children weren't liked by the teachers or other students in the public school atmosphere, they were doomed. My children received excellent education at Boylan -- two have graduated from Ivy League colleges and one is currently enrolled in a top tier college and doing well. There seems to be a competiveness at Boylan I'm not sure my kids would have had in the public school system.

Posted October 22, 2008
Boylan is a great school to attend. The teachers are willing to help you if need be. The religion department is great with how they handle things that we students give them. Of course the sports and the fine arts are also very well. You learn to respect your superiors and your fellow classmates. It has been a wonderful experience and I'll miss it when the year is gone.

Posted October 11, 2008
Boylan was better than the public schools, but that does not mean it was great. The administration was incompetent, allowing so many things to slide by without addressing them. Sure, the academics are good and so are the sports, but for a Catholic school, the religious studies were lacking. There was a sense of superiority by all the students whose parents had lots of money. For all the money put into there, the building was antiquated and there wasn't even A/C. I'd say if you are looking for good academics, then Boylan is good, but as far as religion and being up-to date, it is lacking.

Boylan Central Catholic High School 5

Posted July 29, 2008
Well worth the money my family sacrafices to send my children to such a great school. Great teachers that challange the students, parent involvment, and rules that are inforced, and a focus on God in every activity. This is why Boylan is such a great school. Sports programs and fine arts that are the other schools only dream about.

Boylan Central Catholic High School
4000 Saint Francis Drive, Rockford, IL  61103
Last modified Boylan Central Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Boylan Central Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top