PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Rockford Lutheran School 3

Posted March 09, 2012
I am a former student of this school. I agree that the academics here are outstanding. My years at Lutheran prepared me well for college and I excelled during my time there. But what you don't hear about lutheran is the student body. The students claim to be christian, but don't show it. I cannot say how many kids i saw get bullied during high school. Not to mention all the rumors, parties, and bad language that went on. Although the name reads "Lutheran", this school does little to show it. For someone that truly tried to seek God's will for myself, i felt out of place in this student body.

Posted September 09, 2009
As a former student, Lutheran gave me the best opportunity to get ready for college. From the knowledge of the teachers, to the interactions of all of my classmates, it was a great experience!!

Posted August 08, 2007
Rockford Lutheran offers excellent programming for Preschool thru 12th grade. The staff take a personal interest in each of my children and challenge them to excel in the gifts that God has given them; academically and athletically. Their staff is extremely qualified and students test an average of three years above the national average. Both the Academy and High School are conveniently located and offer a safe and caring environment for my children. We highly recommend it to all of our friends.

Posted June 08, 2007
Luther Academy at Alpine has been the such a blessing to our family. I conducted extensive research and visited almost every private school in the Rockford area and found Alpine Lutheran to have the most dedicated staff and tremendous parent involvement. There are no social clicks or school politics. Just the most dedicated group of parents and teachers working toward providing an excellent academic and nurturing environment for these children. My son absolutely loves this school and I find myself and the other parents creating a sort of community where we have found such support and kindness. I can't imagine sending my child anywhere else.

Posted November 16, 2006
This school is amazing. All three of my children have excelled academically and in their athletic and extra curricular activities. Staff are extremely qualified and take a personal interest in each student.

Posted September 22, 2006
When we first moved to Rockford, we enrolled our kids at another Christian elementary school, but quickly realized it wasn't a good fit. The Gloria Dei elementary campus of the Rockford Lutheran schools is tucked away behind Edgebrook shopping center and we had missed it. When we found Gloria Dei, we knew it was the right choice. Academically, the schools is tops in Rockford. They group by ability level for math and reading, but even the lowest group tests at grade level. There are so many 'specials' too - music, drama, art, P.E., Spanish, and computers (with a dedicated computer teacher. The principal is fabulous; the teachers are talented and caring. My kids are thriving here. At one point, I had the opportunity to move the kids to the Rockford Public Schools gifted program, but didn't when I became convinced that they would get a better education at Gloria Dei.

Posted September 21, 2005
I think Lutheran has very good courses to take, they are very challenging. I will feel good when my daughter goes to college, she will know how to work hard and set goals.

Rockford Lutheran School 4

Posted November 10, 2004
I feel that Lutheran provided a safe and healthy atmosphere for my daughter's high schol years and the academic expectations helped her to do her best. My daughter graduated from LHS and is doing extrememly well in college. Her brother is now attending. He is an average student but they are pushing him to excell! I think he will have an academic advantage when he gets to college next year.

Rockford Lutheran School 4

Posted August 22, 2003
Every school has its flaws but this is better than most of the schools, both public and private in the area. This school is the best preparation for college I could give my daughter.

Rockford Lutheran School
3411 North Alpine Road, Rockford, IL  61114
Last modified Rockford Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12