North Love Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 138 students

Living in Rockford

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $121,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Sweep tile

Posted January 3, 2011

I graduated in 2009, and I am currently involved and doing well in a four-year college. I was able to be involved in the sports and fine arts programs, to visit Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Scotland on my Senior trip, and to become prepared for Christian ministry. I would advise anyone interested in the school to meet with staff and to do their "homework" on the classes and programs offered to students to understand the mission of the school.

Posted November 30, 2010

this is a great school i know for sure my Kids are defiantly going there

Posted October 12, 2009

North Love gets a thumbs up from me! I have four children with one graduating last year. I would never think of putting my children in a public school. Having a Christ-centered school was very important to us in considering private school. The teachers here really care about the students. We have produced students who have gone on to become airline pilots, doctors, veterinarians, etc. I believe there are reviews written on here who come from disgrunted students. North Love is not for everyone, but is a great fit for our family and many others.

Posted April 26, 2009

I attended from K-4 to graduation. This is a horrible school. They do not meet the needs of the students - no honors/AP, no special ed, etc... The general science & math classes are far behind other schools. I felt very unprepared going into college. Btw, I am the only student from my class to obtain a college degree. The worst part is the acrid attitude that pervades the staff. If you do not submit every bit of your life to their every whim & fancy, then you are opposed to God himself. I would never even consider sending my children here.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 4, 2007

I'm actually a student at North Love Christian. While I do not agree with all of the things the school teaches, I do enjoy the enviroment and appreciate our school administrator's care for us students. He keeps us in line while still making sure we have fun at the same time. I would not reccomend the school to everyone, but for those looking for a well-founded Baptist-based schooling, this is where you should be. Though the academics are not as high as most, each teacher tries their best to teach each child what they need to know with a Bible foundation. There are two chapels and three Bible classes every week. Boys can participate in Soccer and basketball and girls are able to participate in volleyball as well as basketball with the IACS. Parents are always welcome to participate and to visit anytime.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 28, 2006

We moved my 11 year old daughter from a private school to NLCS last year. She has excelled and simply loves the enviroment. Her previous school is good-but NLCS simply blows the competition out of the water. The admisitrator is caring, but strick. He is well organized which filters down throughout the entire school. Calm and order. As for other posts I have read. The school does invite parent involvement. I have attended several field trips with my daughter (thanks to a good work schedule) and any time I have a question an answer is simply a phone call away. And now this year (2006/7) they will have a new internet system that will allow parents to be even more in touch with your childs progress. Can't say enough good things about the school, the Administrator, staff and families. Thank God for such a Godly enviroment and school. bruce b.

Posted May 19, 2005

I attended school at North Love from K5 through high school, and appreciate the high quality of education, athletic programs, and emphasis on Christian values and character. Upon graduation I was accepted to a top Big Ten University, and later completed my JD at Northwestern University Law School. It truly was the strong academic training at North Love, which allowed me later to excel in life. Many thanks, and Go Lancers!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 3, 2005

I attended North Love as a child. Loved it! Brought my children there to attend school. Both children were behind slightly and one has a learning disability. I was assured the school could help my child with the LD problems. My older child excelled and did excellent, but younger child did not. Sadly, this school could not accomodate the learning disability. All children so do not learn the same and all teachers do not teach/care the same. When considering ANY school, please do your homework. Know your child, meet the teachers and do a test run (especially for any learning disabilities) as it could prove to have just the opposite effect that you were hoping for. I do not recommend this school for a child with a learning disability of any kind. My eval is not on both teachers, only one. This school did not allow parental involvement.

Posted September 15, 2004

Our children have been attending NLCS for the past four years. I have been very happy with their academic acheivements, and their social situation. The children are well behaved in and out of the classrooms. The school has kept us very informed of our childrens progress. They offer several opportunities throughout the school year to meet with the children's teachers. If you are an involved parent, and want the best for your child, then this school is for you.

Posted September 6, 2004

My two children of a divorced home have attended this school for the past few years. My X wife enrolled them there, where they were not tested for placement comming from a different state. I do not recieve any information about the school year from the school, I do not get report cards, progress notes nor am I informed in any way of problems that arise. My former wife has told me that she was told by the school that she would have to hire a tutor for my children to be able to keep up. My son was diagnosed with ADD/ADH in his former school. There the school took it upon themselves to make sure he was recieving the help he needed. There has been no effort like that from this school. As for the federal 'no child left behind' I wonder what this means to them?

Posted May 31, 2004

My 3 children have attended this school for more than 8 years total and I am tremendously satisfied. Not only do they score consistantly higher on national tests but they are also well prepared for the tests of adult life as well. The spiritual emphasis is very important to us as well and is in our opinion the greatest factor involved in determining life's success.

Posted September 9, 2003

My child has been enrolled at this school since k5. Even tho we attend this church, I as a parent believe that this school teaches the student not only the basic's but also teaches them excellent life qualities that more children need these day. They teach them about God and how he should fit into our lives on a daily basis. I would work two jobs in order to send my child to a school of this calliper. It is well worth every penny.

Posted August 22, 2003

I have found North Love Christian School to be exactly what my child needed... Things that will be 'Tolerated' in public schools are not here... They completely stand on their word and I wouldn't take my child anywhere else... Plus they add in Christian values to their daily assignments... I wish I could of gone there as a child... The Teacher's are very caring and I Love the class ratio... Thanks North Love!!! Looking forward to Great 2003/2004 School Year!!!

Asian 7% N/A
Two or more races 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Tom Seeley
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious