Bad
Good

Posted March 17, 2015
We are new to the school but not the district, I can tell you We just love it, and is such a large difference from the other school we moved from in the district. The Principle, and Assistant Principle, the Nurse our 2nd grade teacher to the librarian, such wonderful and kind people.. We are so Happy to be at this school, My Son has had a great improvement in Happiness too :).. My son has a Heart condition which entails some special attention, and I couldn't be more happier with the way they are handling my son, Its a great pleasure going through my day knowing he is so happy at Central road.. I am pleased with the involvement the school offers. I rate this school a 5+...

Posted September 28, 2011
Going into our 3rd year at Central Road, I've been impressed by the care of the teachers, the principal, and other staff. We volunteer regularly, and it's great to see how each teacher has taken the time to get to know my children on a social, emotional, and academic level. My older child was given opportunities to be challenged academically with some accelerated work when other schools may have just let her coast by with the norm. And I also appreciate that they value safety and respect. A couple of times when other children have done bullying acts towards my child, I reported them, and they were not taken lightly by the school. The principal, teachers, and asst. principal responded appropriately and with grave concern. My children have fun here and have had a great experience so far. It's a great, smaller community school.

Central Road Elementary School 3

Posted November 29, 2010
I would agree w/ parents saying that the teachers and the staff i great! But my child went to numerous schools(4 diff.schools), due to moving. I have never seeing "bullying" on such level. There is a gang of kids, they all being together since pre-school, and as soon as a new child comes, they grab onto him and start bullying the heck out of him! I also talked to moms of two other new students, and they have the same problem. Everyone in school do not realize what's going on..... And the parents of bullies do not get notified by school staff and get involved!

Posted October 13, 2010
They care about our kids and go the extra mile

Posted October 13, 2010
Our volunteers are always hanging around Central Road School morning to after-school hours! Kids love to see parents roaming the halls or participating at school/ classroom events. As for myself I love when my son's 2nd grade classmates say I know you.. your Riley's mom! I smile real big and say yes I am! I wish all parents could experience that feeling. Just volunteer and its an amazing feeling and the children love it especially your own kids. oh..Can't forget the teachers. Every teacher is great. Not one child can say that's a bad teacher because that doesn't exist in this school.

Posted October 13, 2010
I love the staff- they always go above and beyond-from the custodial staff to the teachers and office staff, I always feel my child is safe, well cared for and is learning lots of great things when he goes to Central Road School

Posted May 20, 2010
I love Central School because my grandkids go there! My daughter (Julie Dawson)is very active with the school and always has such high praise for the things done there. Kids are important and schools play a part in developing them into positive people who enjoy learning. My daughter is so sold on Central that she would not consider moving unless her kids where still able to attend Central.

Posted May 18, 2010
The teachers are so caring and very involved with the students. The school rewards the kids for doing good!! Teach the school on the whole how to avoid becoming a bully and what to do if they see it happen. They encourage and nurture the idea of getting a higher eduaction. They make learning fun with hands on activities and computer skills. The best thing about the school though is how welcome you feel walking in. Everyone always has smile and says hello as you walk down the hall. Central Road is the best school!!!!

Posted April 29, 2010
My grand children go there and they love all of there teachers and the extra incentives to work hard and stay out of trouble for example today they are having pancakes in the morning if you have not gotten in to trouble since school has started and my grand children said that no one that they know has been in trouble so there will be a lot of pancakes eaten today.

Posted April 26, 2010
Central Road is unique in that it really a community where parents, students and teachers are actively involved. The environment fosters academic excellence and respect for yourself and those around you.

3800 Central Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL  60008
Last modified Central Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.