Rolling Meadows, IL

Posted June 22, 2014
If anyone thinks Kimball Hill is a good school they don't know anything about quality. The principal is rude and has the personality of a rock. The teachers hired are some of the worst I have encountered. The assistants in the building especially the short one with dyed blond hair and glasses and the big mouth who smells like smoke are terrible to the children. Any future schools these kids go to will have to do catch up work. One word to describe the school is brutal!

Kimball Hill Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2014
After a revolving door of principals we have had the same one for three school years now, so that's an improvement. On the positive side....there are two or three teachers who are utterly amazing. The kind of teachers parents dream of their children having. Jerry, the head custodian is one of the nicest people you could meet, and there seems to finally be a long term admin. On the negative side, most teachers are rude, non caring and seem to care less about students. The PAs are frightening in their treatment if children, building security is a joke at best and bullying is rampant. Despite the no tolerance policy on bullying here nothing is done to enforce it. I've often seen deliberate bullying take place right in front of a PA with no consequences. My child has been taught almost nothing in this entire school year that he didn't walk in the first day already knowing. if I could take my children out of this school, i would without hesitation.

Kimball Hill Elementary School 5

Posted March 15, 2014
Our daughter is having a wonderful experience at Kimball Hill. The administration, teachers and support staff are positive, proactive and genuinely care for the students. They are creative and responsive to students needs.

Posted February 27, 2014
Kimball Hill is an awful school. The only decent person in the building is Jerry the maintenance man. The teachers are rude. Everyone is whispering and talking behind each others backs. The aides in the classrooms scream and yell and demean the children. Sadly, the special ed students are victim to this the most. Parents need to be concerned.

Kimball Hill Elementary School 3

Posted November 14, 2013
Kimball Hill is an ok school. BTW this is from a students standpoint of view. The teachers ared pretty nice but the program assistants can get a lil annoying or sketchy. Sometimes rude to others( as far as i can see) Ik that we couldnt keep a principle but overall they've all been nice and this year they are better than past years. From kindergarten to 6th grade in which i am now, i have sorta not liked this school making me want to switch. The students however are kind of jerks at times in my years there and this is coming from a major minor point sheet student right here. Overall there are better choices

Kimball Hill Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2013
Over the last three years the school has shown MUCH improvement, mainly because we finally have a principal who is dedicated to the school. District as a whole are very receptive to parent involvement. And for all the "failing school" marks below - Central Road failed this year. Focus on how well your student does - they are challenged, and if you keep on how they are doing, they will succeed.

Kimball Hill Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
The school has had trouble with principals in the past but from what I have seen this far it seems to be taking on a new direction. Principal seems very dedicated to school and new assistant is very nice. Teachers have always been very hard workers and seem to work together. They have given me much support with helping my children. Hoping this newer principal stays due to the positive change occurring in school.

Kimball Hill Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2013
I am very concerned that in the 5 years my children have been at Kimball Hill there have been 3 principals and as many Assistant Principals. Art teachers have also been inconsistant unfortunately. I do not feel that there is much accountability for the teachers and personal experience has taught that there is a strong political hierarchy. I feel that my children are receiving a mediocre education that we must supplement at home. I also feel that this decline in solid education that teaches critical thinking and independent reasoning is a thing of the past and Kimball Hill is likely no different from any other public school in that regard. I do not have much confidence in the current school administration and find communication to be weak. The fact that there is only one formal conference a year during the week of Thanksgiving none the less is tragic at best. My children have had a couple of very solid teachers and are honor roll children but overall I am not overly impressed with the quality, caring or passion of the leadership or staff of Kimball Hill. As a parent I continue to take full responsibility for my kids' education and do not rely on Kimball Hill.

Posted August 09, 2012
The school cannot keep a principal. Problems with our childs teacher,not seeming to care and wanting to blame it on ADD instead of looking into the problem of student not being challenged and being bored .We moved out child to Central road when we had the chance and Kinball failed their test again and we are completely thrilled with our choice.( just so happens that the whole add thing was resolved when professional, caring teaching was done) there seems to be some deep political problems holding the school down. maybe not the fault of the staff either way I dont want my kids to suffer as a result

Posted May 21, 2012
My child transferred to Central Rd. Kimball Hill has Rude Teacher's that have been yelling at their students and the Principal and V.P. don't do anything to stop it. In recent years at my home school it has not gotten better. It has only gotten worse. I don't recommend sending any child to this school. Especially if you don't want them to be bullied as my daughter has in the past few years!

Kimball Hill Elementary School
2905 Meadow Drive, Rolling Meadows, IL  60008
Last modified Kimball Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kimball Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top