No rating

St Colette School

Private | PK-8 | 195 students

Living in Rolling Meadows

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $134,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Posted November 14, 2013

THis school is so GHETTO that i hurl when i look at it. BTW 008 whatvere that means

Posted July 31, 2013

Not sure who saw what with the principal grabbing a child but that is NUTSO!!! Unless that child was in harms way, she would never do anything of the sort. She is a very dedicate principal, coach, and teacher. My children LOVE this school! The teachers are SO dedicated. The parent involvement EXCELLENT!

Posted October 7, 2012

The principal is just awful. How her higher ups allow her to treat the children the way she does is beyond me... yelling and screaming while she's teaching, grabbing them by the arm, etc. She should be fired.

Posted August 30, 2011

St. Colette IS THE MOST AMAZING SCHOOL EVER!! I can't say enough great things about this school. I have help in recruiting efforts! I only sing the praises in the products I most believe in and I believe St. Colette! The teachers are the most hard working, dedicated, compassionate, and they go way above and beyond the call of duty!! My oldest daughter has florished at this school!! My 8 year old has be learned so much and I believe she will go are far thanks to the attention she receives from her teacher! I have one in preschool and her vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds while she is attending St. Colette. I can't wait to have my baby at St. Colette! I especially love the principal! She is the most caring and compassionate person I have ever met. If you are a highly opinionated person use to be in charge and not working well in teams then yes you will have a hard time with the principal. Otherwise, she does a great job and gives the school so much of herself.

Posted July 27, 2011

My child is far from graduating, but I'm not looking forward to that day. I'm going to miss this school, especially the teachers, so much! I've only been here a few years, but so far I've liked every teacher-they are great at sending out newsletters, returning calls, responding to emails (even on weekends). 003

Posted July 16, 2011

The school community is the best aspect of St. Colette. The teachers, staff, and principle really care about the individual growth of each student. The classes themselves grow very close because classmates stay together in each grade. The kids who play with blocks together in kindergarten eventually become lab partners in science classes in 7th grade. The curriculum is standard, with additional classes on Catholicism, Catholic values, tolerance, and world religions. Compared to other schools in the area, St. Colette's mathematics program is not as rigorous. Foreign language courses are introduced into the curriculum at sixth grade, one year earlier than local public schools. This is good, however the rigor of the foreign language program itself is weak. Teachers will provide additional instruction and tutoring to those students who wish to advance above and beyond the national average (or whose parents make such advancement a priority), free of charge. Again, the personal interest in each student is evident, and the success of each student is of highest priority.

Posted June 6, 2011

I have been here 6 years and I love it ever since. It is the greatest school for every one. I like all the assemblys and funraisings we have at St. Colette. Trackathon and field day are the best activities I like. I look forward in to finish 8th grade. 003

Posted June 6, 2011

I went to St. Colette for 9-yrs and remember begging my parents to let me go to a pubilc junior high... looking back I'm glad they didn't. Since St. Colette is a smaller school, the teachers were much more attentive to EACH student when compared to the public schools in the area. Here students are forced to get along and work together because of its size and its influence on the community. Today I am an engineer and use teamwork every day. I know that in schools today, bullying is a major issue. I don't believe that is something that can ever be completely done away with (lets face it, kids are mean) but I felt that at St. Colette it was definitely taken very seriously by the staff members. I was definitely disciplined for some of my misconduct toward other students, as I should have been. In addition to being disciplined, good moral behavior was ALWAYS re-enforced and that was important for me in understanding acceptance of anothers differences. Its true that St. Colette is a bit out-dated, but where it lacks in the technological equipment.. it more than makes up for in true desire to educate the students. 003

Posted June 6, 2011

St. Colette is a phenomenal school. The staff members at St. Colette are dedicated and selfless individuals who truly value quality education and strive on a continual basis to ensure the students achieve excellence. The dedication demonstrated by the teaching staff, day after day, at this school is unparalleled in my experience. I cannot say enough about St. Colette; the teaching staff have played a fundamental role in grooming and refining my child and have been a huge asset in every sense of the word - 003

Posted May 27, 2011

Great school-fantastic teachers. The building could use updates. They still use old chalkboards and their wall maps are old (USSR is on some) and falling apart. 003

Posted May 14, 2011

The teaching staff on the whole was very good- School Principal is lacking in leadership and disciplinary skills.

Posted May 12, 2011

I was a student at St. Colette School for nine years and i had a pretty good expirience. The teachers were very helpful throughout the years. Overall this school is great. 007

Posted May 8, 2011

I graduated from St. School awhile ago. The friendships I made there have been "forever" friendships. Rolling Meadows.... I forgot 005!

Posted May 8, 2011

I am a parent with children in the school. The teachers at St. Colette are excellent! Each one gives their "all" to the students. The teachers also attend many parish activities, even though they belong to different parishes. I don't think that my children would get a better education anywhere else. 005

Posted May 7, 2011

I wouldn't have rather gone anywhere else for my first 10 years of schooling. The parish has remained a part of my family ever since. -003

Posted April 30, 2011

I spent a wonderful 10 years at St. Colette. All the teachers were very hands on with us and very caring. They ensured that we got the most out of our education. The smaller class size helps to develop friendships that will last forever. 006

Posted April 22, 2011

This school has provided me with the foundation of my education and so much more. The enviroment at St.Colette encourages and supports students. Throughout my eleven years there, I always received the message that I could reach any goal I set. The teachers and staff were always willing to go out of their way and help out to meet my specific needs. When I required a more rigorous math program, the school provided me with a tutor go at a faster rate, free of charge. Because of this enviroment I have done exceedingly well in highschool. While many other students found it daunting to join new clubs or classes, I was confident in being in these situations because of the mentality I gained as a student at St. Colette.

Posted April 18, 2011

St. Colette School is a "Blue Ribbon" school for a reason...The kids learn! The teachers are fantastic, caring and patient and yes, a bit strict at times. The classroom size allows the teachers to have a great relationship with the students and the parents. Our daughter has been there for 5 years and has learned more than I ever imagined. Her teachers have always been available to help us with all issues we have had. They go to Mass on a weekly basis. Other classes that they take on a regular basis are, P.E., Music, Art, Computer and Library. They have a number of special events allowing the children to show their talents. I can not thank the entire staff enough for all they do for our kids! Go Tigers! 003

Posted April 17, 2011

St. Colette School is a fantastic school! I had a blast attending the school because all the teachers made me feel special. The part that I admired the most was the math taught there. Because of how much they taught in math, I am in Calculus AB as a senior in high school and I plan on attending the University of Illinois- Urbana Champaign this coming fall for electrical engineering. St. Colette taught me the core values to succeed through life. I have won a couple rewards in high school for the values St. Colette has taught me. 003

Posted April 15, 2011

While I've never attended St. Colette, I know there are many caring, devoted teachers in there. I wouldn't hesitate to send my child there if I lived in the area, and I'm not even Roman Catholic!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 14% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Valerie Zemko
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Chicago

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3900 Pheasant Drive