Bad
Good

Posted November 19, 2015
District 214 is fantastic and RM is great. The school sometimes gets a bad rap from those who would rather have a all-white school like Prospect or Hersey, where the aggregate test scores are skewed higher with low latino populations. I am quite certain that if your child is smart they will excel at RM. The staff at RM is excellent with few bad teachers, and athletics are very competitive with ability for your son or daughter to make the team without having to get lost in a sea of rich travel kids Freshman year. The vibe and school spirit are on the rise at the school.

Posted May 16, 2013
My daughter is a freshman and is in the honors program - all honors classes (except one which is AP). As of now, she is hoping to major in engineering in college. The Wildstang robotics program is an excellent resource for students to see how an engineering team works together. The extra curricular activities offer a broad spectrum for varied interests of the students. The teachers are helpful and caring. For the area, the school is considered "small" and I think that is a plus. I also like the block scheduling.

Posted December 26, 2012
Current student at RMHS and I love it. I really truly believe that success depends on the student - not the school the student attends. So when looked at among other high schools in the area (D214 & D211), RMHS usually gets frowned upon even taunted as "Rolling Ghettos." I can clearly assert that this is so so so false it makes me so made whenever I hear it. Yes, there is a high percentage of hispanics (30% to be exact) but I feel that has only opened my mind to a world of diversity and culture. At RMHS, we embrace our cultural diversity. With Italian Club, Spanish Club, Latinos Unidos, Indian Culture Club, AVID, and so much more I can personally attest that going to RMHS will provide a cultural background that no other Northwest suburb school can provide. As per the academics, I feel the new administration is trying so hard to increase test scores. (it's slowly working!) I am a super-high achieving student (haven't you noticed?) Our PSAE and ACT score as well as a HUGE push for AP programs are steadily increasing. At first, the new administrations policies caused shock and frustration among us students, but ever since we are doing so much better.

Rolling Meadows High School 4

Posted July 21, 2009
I have a son who graduated from RMHS last year and is doing great at the University of Chicago. I felt that extra-curricular activities he participated in really helped in him being challenged. He has gone back there to visit his AP history teacher and his debate coach. My daughter is currently attending RMHS and she also loves it. I do believe that higher expectations and more challenging social studies and writing assignments would help in preparing students for college. Although I'm really glad my children have attended RM, I was disappointed when my daughter was assigned a 'how I spent my winter break' paper as a TDP freshman. This was a 3rd grade level assignment. Please raise the bar!

Posted April 20, 2009
My eldest son is a junior at RMHS. My son and us have been very happy with the quality & dedication of teachers, the interaction with principal and other members of the staff and the encouraging atmosphere at the school. The variety of subjects (AP) offered and the number of strong extra curricular activities is exceptional (e.g. debate, robotics club, etc).

Posted September 10, 2008
I am a former student of Rolling Meadows and I can say with all honesty that I received 4 years of a quality education. I had only a few bad teachers, but the rest were beyond amazing. They made me enjoy what I was learning and made each student seem important. I am now in college and I feel like Rolling Meadows fully prepared me for this experience. A majority of the time, I actually feel like College is easier than high school. If you think your child can handle it I would definitely try to get them into the honors and AP classes. There are a lot of extracurricular activities to get involved in too. I loved Rolling Meadows and will never forget my years there!

Posted July 07, 2008
We have had two grand children go to rolling meadows and it truly is a fine school. The parents are supportive, teachers helpful we had sons at prospect and wheeling high school and feel all the 214 schools are in a class high above any other high schools

Rolling Meadows High School 3

Posted September 26, 2006
I have found RMHS to be lacking in challenging classes. I don't feel like my son will be prepared for college. He rarely has homework, yet is able to maintain an A/B average. It seems like the curriculum is slow and the students have way too much class time and seminar time to complete assignments.

Rolling Meadows High School 3

Posted November 01, 2005
If your child is a good student make sure they are in the honor programme. Limited AP classes. Zero tolerance for bullying is a good thing.

Posted July 19, 2004
Im very happy with Rolling Meadows block scheduling and the variety of extracurricular opportunities there are for the kids.

Rolling Meadows High School
2901 Central Rd, Rolling Meadows, IL  60008
Last modified Rolling Meadows High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.